Any Golfers on NT?

Nice Scotty. Who did that finish?

Balls can be very different. The experiments will drive you crazy. Always remember to test a ball from the green out. So make sure you like putting with it and then work your way back. See if you like chipping with it and then Irons and so on.

After loving the TP Reds, Cally IX, Bridgestones I fell in love with these..

b9f26031031096c70adc04af5631dc61213ecc98.jpg

Can't wait til they hit retail in April.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

is that from the custom shop or whatever?

i'm 99% certain thats not from the custom shop. as far as i know, cameron doesn't mirror finish the bottom of studio selects or offers anything other than stock retail finishes. not that its hard to get a mirror finish on a studio select

Correct. The custom shop will only restore a putter to its original finish. Only certain models can get a black pearl/charcoal finish I believe. There is no mirror option. Still looks nice though.

looks like the finish on my old $$* studio design. looks really nice on that newport.
yeah the new "thing" to do with the studio stainless putters is to blowtorch the putter for a golden brown / rainbow / dark finish. people have been doing the steel blackener and crap as well. u can create a mirror finish on a putter with a buffing wheel and some 3m compound. but for me personally, this is what kind of turns me away from golfwrx. everybody on that forum now seems to only care about how a club looks, trying to make their cameron a "tour" putter (mr me too?). and all this stupid stuff. i'm kind of done trying to be informative to people on that site. i like my clubs to look inconspicuous and perform well. i may like expensive @%%* but i just try to get the best equipment that fits me. my cameron looks like its been beat to hell and back. function over form for me now.

only thing i ever disliked about scottys is the ridiculous custom shop/headcover nonsense that people spend way too much money on. i will not lie though, i always wanted the gaudy scotty & co. headcover.
laugh.gif

only thing i ever disliked about scottys is the ridiculous custom shop/headcover nonsense that people spend way too much money on. i will not lie though, i always wanted the gaudy scotty & co. headcover.
laugh.gif

the tiffany scotty & co headcover is pretty nice, i wouldnt mind having one (or the sunshine headcover) but aint no way im dropping dough on a headcover. at least that type of dough those things command.....

i love my og studio stainless. although i probably havent treated it with much love....
sc1a.jpg

sc1b.jpg

sc1c.jpg

i've had this putter for like 4 or 5 years and its always been the putter ive used when it came to money time. i didnt wanna send it to the custom shop because i didnt want to mess with it in any shape or form. so i was able to find this last november/december....
sc2a.jpg

sc2b.jpg

sc2c.jpg

NEVER been refinished. when i found this on the market, i called the dude up asap and said i wanted it. i drove 1.5 hours to go get it THAT night hahahahaha you aint ever gonna be able to find a 10 year old putter in that good of shape that's never been refinished. not to mention the quality of steel used then is better than the steel cameron uses now
laugh.gif

^^^ thats the exactly style of Scotty I am looking for. But hard to find in Lefty.. Been peeping golfwrx ever few weeks seeing if anyone post them for sale.. Cameron's sell so fast once they are posted its crazy.

On another note. Tiger and phil paired up for the tourny this week. Dang I hope Tiger finally gets a win. Would be nice to get one now with the Master's in a month.

Oh and by the way I played Augusta National Yesterday............ On xbox..
smile.gif
its pretty sick.. going to cop Tiger Woods 12 the first day it comes out.. I might get a lil excited playing "Amen Corner"

prostaffer, send me a 20xi!

i'm so stoked for the 20xi, urethane cover as always, but what's cool about it is the perimeter weighting. based upon physics theory and centrifugal force, because it's perimeter weighted, spin will increase, a lot!

in regards to balls, it really depends on your game. if you slice, hook, power fade/draw, the premium softer balls will only make it worst.

if you have everything under control, then premium balls will change your game a lot because of the spin and control they give you. the main difference between a regular ball and a premium ball is usually the urethane cover, which is a lot softer than the surlyn cover cheap balls have.

the best value premium ball right now has to be either the nike tour's or the srixon z stars since they're clearing stock for this year's new model.

p.s. flying to socal this weekend for a weekend golf trip. just picked up a ping redwood anser for cheap and can't wait to use it

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Play it as it lies Mr.Gilmore..!!!

scaled.php
eek.gif
eek.gif

I'm watching this now, didn't know the weather was that crazy earlier.

Will Tiger EVER find his mojo??

@Reigndrop

I'm just hoping to get my hands on some when they came out. Hopefully they don't change the formulat too much from the ones I tested. It was by far the best ball I've ever putt with.

I've always gone back and forth with my choices. I've been loving the Vapor series. I know plenty of people that also prefer them over the ONE's and you can always find them for a great price.

The video at Doral of that storm was crazy. Tiger still can't putt. today. Fun to see him with Phil and G Mac, camera doesn't have to cut away too much.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I be doing the cabbage patch in the woods when I find a random Pro v1 on the course.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I'm the same damn way!! 
laugh.gif

Thinking about taking the "NT Stamp" and trying Srixon balls...  I'm currently playing NXT Tours, are srixons better?

Played another round today, i definitely need to tune my swing before i go out again..

was +5 through 9, and on the back all hell broke loose..

finished 14 over

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I be doing the cabbage patch in the woods when I find a random Pro v1 on the course.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I'm the same damn way!! 
laugh.gif

Thinking about taking the "NT Stamp" and trying Srixon balls...  I'm currently playing NXT Tours, are srixons better?
zstars and zstarx, heck yes.  same price maybe slightly cheaper, for a premium ball that has significantly better spin and control.

[h1]Dang scotty's are serious business.
[/h1]
[h1]California Monterey[/h1] A classic of uncompromising elegance. Gazing down on the Monterey with its golden, honey-dipped hue, the plumbing neck setup offering the perfect amount of offset, the French vanilla sight line guiding the way, you can’t help but smile.

It’s like your favorite touring sedan just got 100 more horsepower—even more of what you already love. The Monterey’s easy familiarity, charismatic good looks and proven performance make this a classic go-to gamer you can put in your bag right away. Right on track.

laugh.gif
SRS!

Back
Top Bottom