Any Golfers on NT?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Ill check those out... And I know golf balls have been discussed at length in here but Im thinking about trying the Bridgestone e6... I think Ill buy a couple sleeves and see how well it really does keep the ball straight off the tee.

Anyone used it before?
i've used them. theyre a good ball, but i really just dont see the point of playing them when you can buy a nike one tour ball for 30 a doz or the penta buy 2 get 1 free, prov1 practice for 30 / doz and the e6 is 27 a doz

I mean the only reason I'm looking at them is because of they're supposed to reduce side spin and keep your ball from slicing, which is a big problem for me right now with my driver.
ohwell.gif

Even if it means taking distance off my drives im fine with it, right now I'm just trying to find a ball that will fly straight in spite of my swing with the big stick.

I mean the only reason I'm looking at them is because of they're supposed to reduce side spin and keep your ball from slicing, which is a big problem for me right now with my driver.
ohwell.gif

Even if it means taking distance off my drives im fine with it, right now I'm just trying to find a ball that will fly straight in spite of my swing with the big stick.
better ball to look at then is the top flite gamer v2. it's still a 3 piece ball but doesnt have a urethane cover like the e6. plus it's cheaper at 19.99$ / doz
another ball to look at is the nike one vapor. again, 3 piece ball, non urethane cover like e6 and gamer v2. 24.99$ / doz

as much as bridgestone makes a good ball, i just think they grotesquely overprice their golf ball. MUCH better options at a cheaper price point.

edit: or if you can still find them. the previous taylormade burner tp ball at 2 doz / $40. again, 3 piece ball, non-urethane cover. u can usually find that ball deal / package at walmart still.

and the burner tp / gamer v2 were my trashy course / fun golf rounds golf ball. very top performance for their price.

I would cop the Dunks if I could customize them.

I shot an 81 last Thursday. Second lowest round of the summer. A not so solid 43 on the front with a couple three putts and two doubles followed by a 38 on the back. I tripled #10 and bogeyed 11 and went on to play my next 7 at -3 with birdies on 16, 17, and 18. If I could only eliminate my blow up holes to bogeys I would be shooting in the 70s consistently. Instead I average anywhere from 8 on any given 3 holes and +6 on the remaining 15.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

The course I played was pretty dope though. Rivers Edge in Shalotte, NC. It's a Palmer design and was #62 on Top 100 Public Courses by Golf Digest and the Charlotte paper had it rated as #5 in NC.

Don't buy the e6, worst greenside spin ever. Check out the Callaway Diablo Tour or the Macgregor VIP(cheapest 3piece urethane ball, can find for $20) Or try and find the Z Star X on sale for last years version, bought some at %%#@! on clearance for less than $20 and it is a straight ball for me.

Oh man, ordered a Superfast 2.0 3wood this morning with a Fubuki Alpha, and come home to a ticket in the mail for $382.  Guess that order is going to be cancelled
frown.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Don't buy the e6, worst greenside spin ever. Check out the Callaway Diablo Tour or the Macgregor VIP(cheapest 3piece urethane ball, can find for $20) Or try and find the Z Star X on sale for last years version, bought some at %%#@! on clearance for less than $20 and it is a straight ball for me.

Oh man, ordered a Superfast 2.0 3wood this morning with a Fubuki Alpha, and come home to a ticket in the mail for $382.  Guess that order is going to be cancelled
frown.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
you completely missed the point of his post. he wants a cheaper ball to help provide a straighter flight. the z star x or the z star wouldn't help that whatsoever. nor would the macgregor vip since theyre all urethane golf balls. and also most dsg stores dont have the 2010 srixons anymore and now have the new 2011 models. at least all the dsg in the oc dont have any.... great ball though. i still have my 3 doz of yellows for my sundown golf
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by k0betw0

frown.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
you completely missed the point of his post. he wants a cheaper ball to help provide a straighter flight. the z star x or the z star wouldn't help that whatsoever. nor would the macgregor vip since theyre all urethane golf balls. and also most dsg stores dont have the 2010 srixons anymore and now have the new 2011 models. at least all the dsg in the oc dont have any.... great ball though. i still have my 3 doz of yellows for my sundown golf
pimp.gif
I offered the Diablo Tour
eyes.gif
  It can be found for $21 and is straight ball with better performance than the e6.  I just hate the e6, it is probably one of the straightest balls but his short game is going to be terrible with that ball.

Originally Posted by k0betw0

frown.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
pimp.gif
I offered the Diablo Tour
eyes.gif
  It can be found for $21 and is straight ball with better performance than the e6.  I just hate the e6, it is probably one of the straightest balls but his short game is going to be terrible with that ball.
dude wanted a straight ball. gave him 1 offer (good job) and gave him 2 that would deter from it. you hate the ball because its straight. he wants a straight ball. sounds like your disdain just verified what he needs (the e6). good job. now arent you glad my point of your mistake allowed for him to find his solution? funny how golf works huh?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

edit: and btw. ur not missing out on the sftp 2.0 3 wood, its pretty good but i hear its not as good as years past...

On the 4th I went golfing at a muni in Baltimore. I did fairly well for my second time out this season. I shot a 46 on the front 9 and lipped two putts that could have put me on pace for my first round in the 80s of my life. Then, hole 10 came and I'm putting for eagle on a par 5 just off the fringe about 50 feet away. I lag it about 6 feet from the hole and think I'm at least going to make par.

My putt ends up about 10 feet from the hole and I proceed to make double bogey. It was so out of character for me to miss a putt that badly and I didn't recover for the rest of the day. I pull a PW on the next hole 140 yards away with an elevated box. I go about 170, over the barren shore and into the bay. I ended up going 54 on the back for an even 100, smh. And just to put it into perspective of how bad I did, I one putted 6 times on the back. I couldn't get off the tee, couldn't hit an iron without flubbing it and couldn't chip.

I'd say my biggest problem of all is my inconsistent driver. I hit a small bucket before the round and 8/10 drives were going 250+ dead center. I get on the first tee and hit the ground before the ball. I hit maybe one drive all day that I could hang my hat on.

ohwell.gif

Another ball to check out is the Srixon Trispeed, forgot I had tried a sleeve of these and they were just as straight as the e6 but way better feel off irons and performance around the green. 

Dic'ks has buy 2 get 1 on the Srixons right now... would be $60 for 3 doz. of the Trispeed's. The pro shop guy tried telling me that I should try the Nike Vapor One Speed was a very similar ball to the e6 and those were 2 for $40.

Ill probably hold out for the e6's to go on sale before I cop... Was he right about the Nike balls?

Dic'ks has buy 2 get 1 on the Srixons right now... would be $60 for 3 doz. of the Trispeed's. The pro shop guy tried telling me that I should try the Nike Vapor One Speed was a very similar ball to the e6 and those were 2 for $40.

Ill probably hold out for the e6's to go on sale before I cop... Was he right about the Nike balls?
the nike one vapor ball is very similar to that of the e6. if i had to pick the trispeed or the one vapor, id pick the vapor over it. trispeed is a good ball but it feels a lil hard

Aight maybe Ill pick up 2 doz of the Vapors for $40 then instead of waiting for 3 doz of the e6 for like $57... Thanks for the input k2.

Another thing you may want to check out if you are just wanting to reduce sidespin on the driver is a Harrison shotmaker, it is a shaft insert. Big thread here on golfwrx: http://www.golfwrx.com/fo...n-shotmaker-is-for-real/

Edit: Just checked the price
sick.gif
  Might get lucky and find one someone is willing to let go cheaper though.  Would definitely test out different balls before dropping that much on a shaft insert.

Went to the range last night to get my driver more dialed in.  I have to say I actually like the GD YS-6 in my 983k now.  I smoothed out my transition at the top and was hitting bombs.  Hit 3 drives past the 295 flag(with roll) which I have never been able to do before.  Was seriously getting about 30 yards of roll out there last night.  Going to play today so hopefully I can carry that over to the course.

I'm planning on going to Half Moon Bay Golf Links (the ocean course)in a few weeks, so I've been playing and hitting the range several times per week. I'm trying to break 80 at my local course, and I haven't really gotten close, but at least my scores are more consistent than usual. I picked up a 910F 3 wood to replace my '08 Burner, and it's easily one of my favorite clubs to hit. I also took back my Adam's Speedline driver and ended up with a Cobra S3. I'm giving up a little bit of distance, but I really needed something that was more forgiving.

Bought a Clicgear 3.0 for walking my course, and dropped my 983k off to be reshafted with DG X100 trimmed to 43.5...a $20 experiment, curious to see how it works out.

Played today with the push cart for the first time...definitely took a lot of strain off of my shoulders, but then the heat got to me by 9:00 AM. Was +2 going out, +13 coming in.

6 strokes were from OB tee shots.

Juicy J - do you work a M-F job?

Why didn't anybody tell me about Mariah Stackhouse. Black girl played in the womens U.S. Open, only 17

Ok so anyone from NorCal or the bay area who hasn't played Yocha-de-he over at cache creek needs to book a tee time asap. I've never played at such a well maintained course. I have a few pics but they won't do it justice. The grass was so green and perfect it looked fake. It was $65 for twilight but I would have gladly paid double that. Seriously, PGA status.

Played the Nike ONE Vapor on Saturday... Definitely wasnt slicing the ball as bad as I had been before. Normally a good round for me is anything below 100, and I hit 45 on the front 9 which I was really happy with. Fell apart some with a 50 on the back 9 but it was ok overall.

Might try the Bridgestone e6 ball if its got a good sale going at some point but I'm definitely switching to the ONE Vapor for now.

Back
Top Bottom