Any Golfers on NT?

I got Rory's auto at the BMW Championship last year. I'm tempted to sell the visor he signed, but I"m thinking he's good for a few more majors. Not 15-18 like some people seem to think.

Still...nice pics!

Gettin back into the golf game and thinkin about pickin up a set of the TaylorMade Super Launch irons. Anybody have any experience with these? I could only find a handful of reviews online.

btw i'm just a casual golfer with a very high handicap

congrats to rors....

i got my $%@ handed to me at pga west this weekend.....

dumped the irons and bought some new ones HAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally Posted by k0betw0

congrats to rors....

Spill the beans.... give us a "current" bag setup

Originally Posted by Newbs24

congrats to rors....

Spill the beans.... give us a "current" bag setup
"current" bag....
10.5 r11 with ust mamiya attas (oban kiyoshi as backup - needs to be sold)
5 wood adams bul with mitsubishi rayon diamana blueboard 93s
21* / 24* nike vr pro hybrids with project x 6.5 graphite
5-pw mizuno mx300 irons dynalite gold
52 / 56 / 60 taylormade xft wedges
scotty cameron studio stainless newport 2 345g / 34" (same exact copy as a backup)

i have a spare mistubishi diamana rayon blueboard 83s that im supposed to pair up with a 3 wood but i don't really have any desire to get a 3 wood so its up for sale now....

i just also ordered up some taylormade tour preferred mc irons 5-pw with kbs tour stiff. should be here by friday....

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

congrats to rors....

stadium course?
stadium on friday. la quinta dunes (morn), nick tourney (afternoon) on saturday. la quinta mountain (morn) on sunday....

congrats to rors....

stadium course?
stadium on friday. la quinta dunes (morn), nick tourney (afternoon) on saturday. la quinta mountain (morn) on sunday....
 i remember that 250 yard par 3 on the front 9. the pin was in the back and i hit my shot way short but it still landed on the front of that massive green. felt like a 200 foot putt. ive never had to swing my putter so hard.
laugh.gif

how was the mountain course?

stadium course?
 i remember that 250 yard par 3 on the front 9. the pin was in the back and i hit my shot way short but it still landed on the front of that massive green. felt like a 200 foot putt. ive never had to swing my putter so hard.
laugh.gif

how was the mountain course?
mountain course was in great condition. but i have to be honest, i much prefer the look of the dunes course over the mountain. mountain feels like im playing in afghanistan with all those brown mountains. the dunes just looks better to my eye. and sitting inside the clubhouse restaurant and looking out to the course is su ch a great view....

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by eaalto

Got 3 dozen Pentas - net cost to me $50.

Where did you get that deal?  Need to pick up more and that is a super good price.

They're the same cost as anywhere else, but I just had a shop credit.  A couple weeks ago my course hosted a "couple's wine n nine" event.  $40 for wine tasting, nine holes of golf, and dinner. I had a coupon for half off a tournament (part of my initiation package), so it cost me $20.  Paired us with a another couple (seniors, dude was a really good golfer).  Superball format, just had to use one drive and one putt from each player - my wife actually got closest to the pin of the 4 of us on a par 3 (shot of her life), and then after we used the other drive, they pretty much just chilled in the carts while I played best ball with the old man.  We ended up shooting a 31 (5 under), and then with our handicaps, we had a net of 26.9.  We lost by one stroke in gross, but won the low net - and we got a $100 shop credit, split 2 ways.  I took the $50 shop credit and bought the Pentas with the buy 2 get 1 deal, so I paid $20 for the tourney to win $50, and then I paid $30 out of pocket + the credit for the balls. I couldn't pass it up.

The only thing else I could have done with the shop credit was put it towards clubs or apparel.  I tried using it to buy into another tournament and parlaying that into even more money, but they wouldn't let me.  My handicap is at a high because I've shot consecutive rounds of 100, 99, etc.  My game is a little off lately, shot a 94 today though - 48/46.

About to go play in a member/guest tournament this weekend, $225 for a 2 man team, includes practice round, putting contest, all meals, prizes, and a 36 hole tournament - first 9 holes captains choice, second 9 holes alternate shot, third 9 holes best ball gross, fourth 9 holes best ball net.  Submitted my handicap the other day as a 12.2 - so I'm hoping we can play some solid golf and take home some $$.  Based on the practice round - we are able to bet $$ on who will win, our team or another, so things could get interesting.  Not a bad weekend for $112 a person.

Played 18 today at Diablo Creek....hot as hell outside. Played 18 in 3.5hrs. Moving in the right direction, my swing is coming together. I adjusted my grip as well. 20 shot improvement over my first time out. 119 today. Couldn't hit my driver worth a damn, but was pretty good with my 3 wood which helped save a couple holes. Putted overall much better.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Played 18 today at Diablo Creek....hot as hell outside. Played 18 in 3.5hrs. Moving in the right direction, my swing is coming together. I adjusted my grip as well. 20 shot improvement over my first time out. 119 today. Couldn't hit my driver worth a damn, but was pretty good with my 3 wood which helped save a couple holes. Putted overall much better.

I find that I hit the driver better when I have a stance further away from the ball.  It forces me to come around towards it - resulting in a more in-out swing path, less slice.  I forced myself to stand further away from the ball on the last 4 holes and I hit bombs straight down the pipe.  Longest drive was on 494 yard par 5, put me out 164....330 yards..
This is probably terrible advice, it's just what works for me
smile.gif

Eealto that handicap is dropping my man. Down to a 12.2? That's good stuff.

I'm down in Myrtle right now about to play a course called True Blue. It looks sick from the pictures. It's supposed to be one of the best golf courses down here. I just hate that its humid as hell and a million degrees outside.

My iron play has been pretty bad lately. I haven't got to the range or played as much as I was getting ready for my AZ trip. I played 9 last week and was even through 5, then went triple, double, bogey, bogey. Talk about the wheels falling off.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Hopefully I can minimize the mistakes today and avoid the blow up holes.

I shot an 85 yesterday with 5 three putts and 3 birdie misses from around 12-20 feet. I had a triple, two doubles, two birdies, eight bogeys, and five pars. Kinda of a roller coaster round. I started off solid, then hit a string of bogeys, then had a four hole stretch where I had the triple, doubles, and a bogey, and then played the last four holes -1.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

They aerated the greens 10 days ago. I was shook putting from 3-5 feet, that's where all my three putts were from. I had a bunch of sidehill sliders where I tried to play the break, but they would hit an aeration hole and change directions. So I finally decided to firm it through the break and the ball would hit the back of the cup and pop up and then roll past it. I was so pissed off.

Golf is the most fun frustrating sport out there, but I love it.

Back
Top Bottom