Any Golfers on NT?

Haven't played them but anything in the MX line is going to have more offset and have a bigger head than anything in the MP line. Not sure if that is something you are worried about but thought I would put it out there.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Haven't played them but anything in the MX line is going to have more offset and have a bigger head than anything in the MP line. Not sure if that is something you are worried about but thought I would put it out there.

I really want mp33s but hard to find in food condition...mp68 or 69 would be nice too..I have A mp67 7 iron that has fantastic feel, but it's the only one I have, haha...Hard to convince the wife I need more clubs, but I still have some $$ to spend on myself since we upgraed her ring..I want to be certain those are the clubs for me before I drop that kind of money on an iron set...does golfsmith demo irons?Edit: iPad is responsible for all typos

Yeah I am currently looking for some good condition mp-30s, almost broke down and got some mx 200s until I saw some in person and they were to big. I am playing some big irons right now and it is just not pleasing to look at for me. Think I am going to hold off til next spring/tax return to get an all new set though. Prices might drop by then too, favorites out right now are the Bridgestone J38 Dual Cavities and Mizuno MP 53 and 63. Everyone on golfwrx raves about the Bridgestone J33 and J36 irons for used forged players style clubs, might be worth checking out and easier to find than mp 33s

I saw a really nice j38 wedge at golfsmith for pretty cheap, but I have a million wedges as it is..I think I have a 48,52,53,54,56,56,60...not including the original p wedges in my sets...Golfsmith is super overpriced on their used irons though...used mp line for 400-500 in semi torn up shape...lots of bag clatter and face wear...they had the mx15s (cast) for $81

Went down and swung on the LM at Golf Galaxy and D*cks... Ball speed was up around 140-150 with a decent launch angle on most shots but still had that hook.

Guy at GG wanted to put in the ProLaunch RED in there for like $75 installed... I didn't ask how much the V2 would cost or if they could order it... If I dont go play 18 today Ill hit up DSG and see about the V2.

I think someone mentioned this thing a bunch of pages back... Maybe Airblaster? I dunno. Anyways... Golfwrx forum had some stuff up on this but I wasn't sold... Really did seem like an infomercial for it.

But this review makes me think about it more. Anyone know about this thing? Seems like it addressed the issue i currently have with my club.
[h1]Most Impressive Golf Technology In Past 5 Years?[/h1]
shotmaker-labs-bnr.gif

“The Harrison Shotmaker is definitely one of the most impressive golf technologies for 2011…it might be the biggest in the last 5 years! I can honestly say, I recommend EVERYONE contact Harrison immediately about getting one for their driver.  A product that helps your game this much this easy only comes around so often.

^^ Yeah man am sure by now you have seen the thread on golfwrx. People on there say it works great, might be a good investment since it is removable if you ever change shafts. Have my first tournament in years coming up in a couple weeks, still undecided if I want to enter in the "competitive" group or the one that is just going out and having a good time.

If you can spare the cash, I say why not, if it doesn't work out, I'm sure you could resell it.
I finally got out and played after a week off.  I was worried about the shanks, but I ended up not having too many problems.  Shot a +5 on 9 holes, 2 birdies, 3 pars, 2 bogeys, 1 double, 1 triple.  I pulled just about all of my iron shots left, but I will take that any day over the shanks.  13 putts (a lot of tap ins from good chips/wedge shots).

Originally Posted by eaalto

If you can spare the cash, I say why not, if it doesn't work out, I'm sure you could resell it

Better yet, they have a 30 day 100% money back guarantee. Will probably check it out soon.

What's causing you to pull the irons left?  I was doing it the other day on my irons off the tee... Not sure why I do it but sometimes it feels like maybe I open my left shoulder and the ball flights straight but like 15* left of my target line

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Can a good quality shaft be had and installed for under $100?

And how do they usually fit you to a new shaft? Just by looking at your numbers on the LM with different clubs/shafts?
Aldila NV

Pro Launch Red

Tour AD YSQ is on golfsmith for 70 bucks and they have a clearance code.

If your looking used you can find great ones on eBay and then just have them installed for 9-12 bucks.

Just make sure that it fits your game. That new shaft might be worse than the one your swinging.

What don't you like about your driver? What are you swinging now? Is the ball too high? Too low? Do you have any numbers?

What don't you like about your driver? What are you swinging now? Is the ball too high? Too low? Do you have any numbers?

Cobra s9-1 Pro D and the ball flight has optimal height with my swing on many shots but the stock shaft is too weak.

I played with my cousin who knows his stuff when it comes to golf and hes convinced I need a stiffer shaft... Something S to X with a strong tip, low torque. 

Only numbers I really have are from a driver fitting a couple months ago... Swing Speed 110-112 with my stick... 115 with an 09 burner.  Ball speed around 150-155.. spin at like 3800.

Just recently got into going to the range. The courses are beautiful out here but I'm not confident to play yet. Fortunately my local course lends me clubs but it's always a different driver. I really like the Nike SQ MACHSPEED Black Driver but is it too much for a novice?

Not sure if you can post live auction links (I think that was against the rules in the past), but there are a couple of Whiteboard pulls on eBay, looking at one right now that is currently at $91.00 + $12.00 shipping.  This the shaft that I have in my 905R, and I have had nothing but positive results with it.  Looks like you need the .335 tip.  This shaft is tip stiff and low torque (2.8 degrees), which fits your description.  What is the loft of your driver?  I play this in a 9.5 degree with no problems.  If I tee the ball too low I don't always get a lot of carry, but I've gotten pretty good about teeing at optimal height.
Description:
[h1]MITSUBISHI RAYON DIAMANA WHITEBOARD 73X5CT STIFF .335[/h1]

fraij da 5 11 wrote:
What's causing you to pull the irons left?  I was doing it the other day on my irons off the tee... Not sure why I do it but sometimes it feels like maybe I open my left shoulder and the ball flights straight but like 15* left of my target line

I don't know if I can explain WHY I'm pulling it to the left, but I can explain how I seemed to have fixed it today.  My guess is that when I line my feet up with my target, and square the face with the target, something in my swing is wrong and causing me to close the face at impact.  Just on a hunch, I figured I would try to play a cut, playing my stance open, aimed left of the target, but with the clubface square to target.  I ended up hitting a lot of really straight iron shots utilizing that technique, so it was definitely a positive for me.  I shot a 93 today (49/44), with a couple of OB/Hazard tee shots.  
I started using this iPhone app called Golf Logix, which I used to track stats like GIR, Fairway %, etc.  I hit 6/14 fairways today, 1 miss was left, and the other 7 misses were all right.  I know my usual miss with the my driver is a push right (call it a fade if you want), and I think I sort of picked up on how I was making that mistake as well.  If I stand closer to the ball when driving, I tend to have a more outside - in swing path, leave the face open, and lose balls to the right.  If I stand further back, it forces me to have a better shoulder turn and an inside - out swing path, which usually results in a straight ball flight for me/slight fade, occasional draw.  If I stand even further back, I will draw/hook the ball.  

Anyway, something to consider as a way to fight your slice would be to play a draw off the tee.  Try aligning your feet right of your target line, but still play the club face square to slightly open at address.  It should promote more of an in-out path and get the side spin on the ball you want to draw the ball in rather than slicing.  Keep in mind, I'm not an expert, but these are just tips I've picked up from the golf channel, if I remember them correctly.  I have been able to successfully apply them on the course, so they must have some value (for me at least).

If that doesn't work, get your Harrison Shotmaker 
laugh.gif

Played 9 today been hitting my irons really well but my driver has been crap lately.

I gave the Jason Duffner waggle a try today starting at about hole # 6, went par, par, bogey, bogey.

Not sure if it was mental or what but doing the waggle actually helped me hit my driver much straighter, I have been hitting a nasty slice about 1 out of every 3 drives before so hopefully this will help. Anything is always worth a try.

With my irons I have worked on alignment and my shots have been going much straighter. I was always concerned with how my feet line up to the target, now I have also started to really focus on how my shoulders are pointing to the target also and it has helped a ton.

Eyeing some new irons to purchase in a couple of months, I'm gonna get fitted and everything this time. Looking at the chart that was posted with my height and arm length looking like I will get clubs with - 3/4 inch shafts. Really looking at Titleist AP1s and the Taylor Made R-11 irons.

Anyone play AP1s? Any info is great. I have some Burner Plus and hit them pretty well, but I'm really wanting to get a fitted set that I can keep for 3+ years.

If you're going the GI route then go try some Mizunos, either some older MX lines or the JPX 800 Pro.  If and when I buy a new set of irons, it will be Mizuno, hands down.  
Nothing wrong with the AP1s, never tried the R11.  At the end it's what you're going to be comfortable with. 

Cobra s9-1 Pro D and the ball flight has optimal height with my swing on many shots but the stock shaft is too weak.

I played with my cousin who knows his stuff when it comes to golf and hes convinced I need a stiffer shaft... Something S to X with a strong tip, low torque. 

Only numbers I really have are from a driver fitting a couple months ago... Swing Speed 110-112 with my stick... 115 with an 09 burner.  Ball speed around 150-155.. spin at like 3800.

I'm guessing it is that stock ozik shaft that they came with?

The pro D is a club that was meant for people with highers swing speeds. In fact your ball velocity should be higher with a swing speed that high so I would guess your smash factor is low as well. That spin is too high as well. Assuming we do not change your swing at all then you would want to find something with a mid launch since the ozik was a mid/high launch shaft and your saying that your optimal right now in terms of angles.

You are in the tweener range so stiff.

My suggestion would probably be to find a UST Axivcore black stiff, probably in the 69-79 gram range. Get it tipped an inch and that should work. UST blacks can be found under $150 and pretty decent shafts for the money and they do a decent job at killing spin.

I'm looking for a new set of starter/intermediate irons, but I don't know where to start. I've hit with the TaylorMade Burner 2.0 and kinda like the feel of those. What are some good brands of irons in the $400-$700 range?

Honestly just go to a course around you and see if you can demo several sets out on the range, or get fitted. Since it sounds like you are a beginner though I would really recommend getting some used irons in good condition, will save you quite a bit of money. Just go and hit several different irons and see what you like and then search at stores or the bay for a slightly used set.

Played 9 on Friday and shot a 39
pimp.gif
. Really wish I could have played 18 but needed to leave to go hang out with friends, was hitting the ball perfectly straight all day and controlling my distances great. The course was a little easy but they had the pins tucked in the hardest spots, right behind bunkers or the edge of the green behind water. The 2nd is a 270 yard par 4 where you are teeing off and it is pretty much all water between you and the green all along the right side, took a 3 wood and went right at the flagstick and landed about 10 yards short just barley clearing the water but didn't get much roll out.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I'm guessing it is that stock ozik shaft that they came with?

The pro D is a club that was meant for people with highers swing speeds. In fact your ball velocity should be higher with a swing speed that high so I would guess your smash factor is low as well. That spin is too high as well. Assuming we do not change your swing at all then you would want to find something with a mid launch since the ozik was a mid/high launch shaft and your saying that your optimal right now in terms of angles.

You are in the tweener range so stiff.

My suggestion would probably be to find a UST Axivcore black stiff, probably in the 69-79 gram range. Get it tipped an inch and that should work. UST blacks can be found under $150 and pretty decent shafts for the money and they do a decent job at killing spin.

What about Tipping the stock Ozik I have in my club now 1"? It's 45.5" right now and I choke up a little anyways so playing it at 44.5" would be fine.  Wouldn't tipping it like that stiffen the tip and help stability?

Decided to take an inventory of the premium balls I have found on the course in the last few months.  I have officially lost a box of Pentas and a box of D2 Feels (bought these when I started getting the shanks), but I think I've come out alright.

Anyone need new wedges?

Rockbottomgolf.com has CG14's for $69 which is about as low as ive seen them... Im trying to talk myself out of copping a 52* and a 56* to go along with my 60* CG10 right now...

First tournament in a couple years this Saturday. Playing one of the hardest courses in the state but I think they are going to have us play off the whites ( about 6200)
30t6p3b.gif
Lot of older guys in it since it is a friends family tournament so I guess that is why. Still pretty excited, have been playing some of the best golf I have in years the past few weeks so hopefully that translates over. And I think it was you Fraij that bought the Nike Vapor Speeds, I actually played 9 with one I found yesterday and that ball is pretty damn straight, not bad on approaches either, hit a few short irons and it was always inside of 8 ft of the pitch mark.

airblaster, remember the steel shafted 983k I was telling you about? Ever since I played that club (last week of July), and then retired it, I have had a serious case of the shanks. The entire month of August. Every iron/wedge shot was a hosel rocket. I'm not sure if playing the shorter shaft on the driver just grooved me into an awful swing (played 100+ holes in a week), but I could not get rid of it to save my life. I spent two hours on the range one day, figured that I might try standing away from the ball a little further to get an exaggerated shoulder turn, but even that wasn't working, as I started pulling the ball left IF i didn't hit it off the hosel. I went out and played 18 the other day, started out par-par-nine-nine and then stopped keeping score. I was killing it off the tee, but every second shot was a shank. I still had some decent chances at par/bogey, but it just wasn't fun. Anyway, I decided to try the range again today. I got a large bucket and just went out there with every single club I own, and as I was walking out the guy at the pro shop said simply, "tuck your right elbow against your body." It forced me to keep my left arm straight, get a better shoulder turn, and all of a sudden I was bombing it straight again. I then simply focused on keeping my left arm straight, getting a good shoulder turn, and I just hit bomb after bomb after bomb. I brought one of my spare drivers that I bought a while ago. At first I thought it was a bad combination, but this combo is actually pretty beastly - Nike SQ Tour 8.5 with a Diamana Blueboard S-63. Not as tip stiff as the Whiteboard, but it feels fantastic, and bombs the ball out there like crazy. Definitely a steal of a find at $27.

Back
Top Bottom