Any Golfers on NT?

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Played 9 today been hitting my irons really well but my driver has been crap lately.

I gave the Jason Duffner waggle a try today starting at about hole # 6, went par, par, bogey, bogey.

Not sure if it was mental or what but doing the waggle actually helped me hit my driver much straighter, I have been hitting a nasty slice about 1 out of every 3 drives before so hopefully this will help. Anything is always worth a try.

With my irons I have worked on alignment and my shots have been going much straighter. I was always concerned with how my feet line up to the target, now I have also started to really focus on how my shoulders are pointing to the target also and it has helped a ton.

Eyeing some new irons to purchase in a couple of months, I'm gonna get fitted and everything this time. Looking at the chart that was posted with my height and arm length looking like I will get clubs with - 3/4 inch shafts. Really looking at Titleist AP1s and the Taylor Made R-11 irons.

Anyone play AP1s? Any info is great. I have some Burner Plus and hit them pretty well, but I'm really wanting to get a fitted set that I can keep for 3+ years.
Solid.  The waggle is intended to help you relax and swing freely so youre not as tense.  keep doing it when you feel tense or are thinking too much about what to do, it will continue to help

Originally Posted by eaalto

airblaster, remember the steel shafted 983k I was telling you about? Ever since I played that club (last week of July), and then retired it, I have had a serious case of the shanks. The entire month of August. Every iron/wedge shot was a hosel rocket. I'm not sure if playing the shorter shaft on the driver just grooved me into an awful swing (played 100+ holes in a week), but I could not get rid of it to save my life. I spent two hours on the range one day, figured that I might try standing away from the ball a little further to get an exaggerated shoulder turn, but even that wasn't working, as I started pulling the ball left IF i didn't hit it off the hosel. I went out and played 18 the other day, started out par-par-nine-nine and then stopped keeping score. I was killing it off the tee, but every second shot was a shank. I still had some decent chances at par/bogey, but it just wasn't fun. Anyway, I decided to try the range again today. I got a large bucket and just went out there with every single club I own, and as I was walking out the guy at the pro shop said simply, "tuck your right elbow against your body." It forced me to keep my left arm straight, get a better shoulder turn, and all of a sudden I was bombing it straight again. I then simply focused on keeping my left arm straight, getting a good shoulder turn, and I just hit bomb after bomb after bomb. I brought one of my spare drivers that I bought a while ago. At first I thought it was a bad combination, but this combo is actually pretty beastly - Nike SQ Tour 8.5 with a Diamana Blueboard S-63. Not as tip stiff as the Whiteboard, but it feels fantastic, and bombs the ball out there like crazy. Definitely a steal of a find at $27.

Yea I was messing around at the range the other day and did a few lazy swings where my arms weren't staying close to my body and was instantly shanking them with my short irons, definitely need to work on staying more hydrated and eat during a full 18, walking carrying my bag half way through the back 9 I am beat. Also Funny you mention the Nike SQ with Blueboard I just hit one for the first time last week, only thing is a friend of mine was borrowing it from his moms bag and it was ladies flex
laugh.gif
  Was pretty damn scared to take a real swing with it but was hitting it 200 with ease barely swinging it.  My 983k though is still going good for me,w hen I shot a 39 last friday my drives were all 280+ with one going out to 300 and hit 6/7 fairways.  Just found out the tourney I am playing in is a best ball with 4 person teams and we have to use at least 2 of each persons shots, needless to the other people on my team are
sick.gif
and I am just hoping they hit 2 shots each worth playing
roll.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

First tournament in a couple years this Saturday. Playing one of the hardest courses in the state but I think they are going to have us play off the whites ( about 6200)
30t6p3b.gif
Lot of older guys in it since it is a friends family tournament so I guess that is why. Still pretty excited, have been playing some of the best golf I have in years the past few weeks so hopefully that translates over. And I think it was you Fraij that bought the Nike Vapor Speeds, I actually played 9 with one I found yesterday and that ball is pretty damn straight, not bad on approaches either, hit a few short irons and it was always inside of 8 ft of the pitch mark.

Yea I'm really liking this ball... It can be had for cheap too... Copped 6 doz on RBG like $95 shipped.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Cobra s9-1 Pro D and the ball flight has optimal height with my swing on many shots but the stock shaft is too weak.

I played with my cousin who knows his stuff when it comes to golf and hes convinced I need a stiffer shaft... Something S to X with a strong tip, low torque. 

Only numbers I really have are from a driver fitting a couple months ago... Swing Speed 110-112 with my stick... 115 with an 09 burner.  Ball speed around 150-155.. spin at like 3800.
I'm guessing it is that stock ozik shaft that they came with?

The pro D is a club that was meant for people with highers swing speeds. In fact your ball velocity should be higher with a swing speed that high so I would guess your smash factor is low as well. That spin is too high as well. Assuming we do not change your swing at all then you would want to find something with a mid launch since the ozik was a mid/high launch shaft and your saying that your optimal right now in terms of angles.

You are in the tweener range so stiff.

My suggestion would probably be to find a UST Axivcore black stiff, probably in the 69-79 gram range. Get it tipped an inch and that should work. UST blacks can be found under $150 and pretty decent shafts for the money and they do a decent job at killing spin.
What about Tipping the stock Ozik I have in my club now 1"? It's 45.5" right now and I choke up a little anyways so playing it at 44.5" would be fine.  Wouldn't tipping it like that stiffen the tip and help stability?

That would be the most cost effective way of doing it. It would lower the ball flight a bit. I automatically thought you wanted to get away from the Ozik. This could work and is a good experiment.

I still can't recommend getting fitted or at least getting some numbers from a monitor enough. I used to find Bridgestone fittings and go get the printouts from the ball fittings since those would give you a good idea of what is going on.

havent been keeping up with this thread..
but does anyone know how the Nike VR Pro Forged Blades are? Anyone play with them?
I'm looking for new clubs and want to get these..

I currently have the Nike Ignite set up.. but I'm giving those to my nephew.

Anyone here play at Robinson Ranch in SoCal?
pimp.gif
shot a 72 last weekend.

Have only hit the Pro Combos but I liked them, definitely feel like Nike has stepped up with their new club offerings the past 2 years.

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

havent been keeping up with this thread..
but does anyone know how the Nike VR Pro Forged Blades are? Anyone play with them?
I'm looking for new clubs and want to get these..

I currently have the Nike Ignite set up.. but I'm giving those to my nephew.

Anyone here play at Robinson Ranch in SoCal?
pimp.gif
shot a 72 last weekend.
I played there a couple times, really nice course.

been playing the pro combos all summer. absolutely love them.

btw, i'm selling them lol. i have a new set of the splits coming in the fall and need to make room.

rifle 6.0 shafts. 2-pw. 2-5 are 3 degrees upright, 6-pw 2 degrees upright. +.025 length if anyone is interested.

I also have two vr pro drivers. one with an ahina 60 x stiff. would love to hook up some NT'ers.

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

eaalto 
pimp.gif

I can never do well on the valley course... It always messes me up.

Do you know any other "challenging courses" around the area?

I moved last year, but from what I remember:
Knollwood always gave me a hard time (Granada Hills)
River Ridge in Oxnard
Malibu Country Club
Simi Hills
Vista Valencia
Skylinks
El Dorado
Brookside (by the Rose Bowl)
Rec Park (fun course)
if you can get on it - Sea N Air - Coronado, NAS
De Bell is pretty tight in Burbank

Not all of these courses are as well manicured, but I really always enjoyed playing them.

For Munis - Hansen Dam was always a lot of fun
Balboa
Woodley

It's weird, but my favorite courses were the tiny ones
Bixby Village - (small executive course in south Long Beach - shot even par there, 30)
Mission Hills Par 3 - grew up a block away, played there all the time, where I first learned the game
and El Cariso in Sylmar.

I'm leaning towards purchasing the Mizuno JPX-800. So far I've read great reviews and plan on hitting them my local Golf Smith. Anyone have any experiences with these irons?

Originally Posted by k0betw0

well, 10 drivers later, i think i've finally found my driver... too bad my summer is over...

Which is?
well it started with....
1. nike vr tour 8.5 with f7m2 stiff
then i got a nike vr tour 8.5 with whiteboard 73s (2) as a backup
then an r11 10.5 with whiteboard 73s (3)
then the r11 10.5 with the kiyoshi 65-5 (4)
then i went with the ping g15 with a digitally lofted 9.8* with kiyoshi 65-5 (5)
then i got the burner superfast tp 2.0 10.5 with the attas 6x
then i got bored again and got hte r11 10.5 AGAIN and with with the kiyoshi 65-5 (6) and with the attas 6x (7)
then i went back superfast tp 2.0 10.5 with attas 6x that i tipped too much (
glasses.gif

so i got pissed and bought a superfast tp 2.0 10.5 with a fubuki alpha 60x (9) but taylormade thought it was a good idea and to tip ALL their tp shafts 1" (fyi, golfwrx people, theres something you DONT know that isnt talked about, ive spoken and compared fubuki alphas that were aftermarket and tp pulled shafts and they are tipped 1"...  when the tm rep came in his words were along the lines of oh sh---------.

so now i have a taylormade superfast tp 2.0 10.5 with the fubuki alpha 60x UNTIPPED.... NUMBER 10!!!!

Really liked the Fubuki in the SF 2.0tp 3 wood, think I might order it in the next week or 2. Gets the ball up there but didn't balloon at all for me, just gets up high and goes with a flat boring trajectory

I $@@%%%% hate golf right now.  I spend an hour hitting balls at the range, and I feel like I've finally cured myself of the shanks.  I go out on the course, and I just stop keeping score because I blow up with the shanks on a hole.  I'm contemplating giving up the game for a while.

Originally Posted by eaalto

I $@@%%%% hate golf right now.  I spend an hour hitting balls at the range, and I feel like I've finally cured myself of the shanks.  I go out on the course, and I just stop keeping score because I blow up with the shanks on a hole.  I'm contemplating giving up the game for a while.

Yeah same here. For some reason I decided to video tape my swing so I could see what I was doing wrong, and it totally backfired. I have a screwed up "violent"/chopping wood/hacking swing that was mostly upper body, and I got some tips on how to rotate my hips more and yadda yadda. Well, now I can't hit anything off the tee box. My driver slices like crazy or goes straight to the left, my woods and hybrids get topped or dug into the ground, and my irons are hit off the toe or hit way thin. As bad as my swing is/was I could at least keep the ball in play, and now the only thing keeping me under 100 is my short game (I've been killin it with my 56* and my putter). I played last week and stopped keeping score after I lost 8 balls on the front 9...

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Are the drivers the glued 420cc version or the str8 fit?

This years VR Pro. Str8 fit. I have 10.5 and 9.5 heads with some lead tape. Loving the drivers, but I have the new ones coming. Would love to avoid the bay and get someone a deal.

I've been lurking on this thread for a long time, good information in here fellas.
I shot a 49 today (par 34), but about 25 of those strokes were putts. Does anybody have any putting drills (besides going to the practice green with 300 balls).

Also, I'm in the market for a new bag.  Does anybody have an Ogio bag?  I've been looking at the Grom especially since I like to walk when my friends aren't too lazy.

I have an Ogio bag. Not sure which model but its just a stand bag, got it from #!*** for maybe $89 or so... Has a lot of cool features and its sturdy enough. I like the club slots on it for the most part too.

It weighs like 230490234 lbs right now though cause Im carring 14 clubs with my new wedges and have like 50 balls in every pocket because I been diving into the woods picking up random ones lately so I gotta empty those out into a box or something.

Shoulda just got a staff bag though... I ride 95% of the time i play.

Played 9 yesterday. Only 10 over. Got my first birdie ever. 2 pars. only 2.5 months of playing. feels good man

Originally Posted by JCH3

I've been lurking on this thread for a long time, good information in here fellas.
I shot a 49 today (par 34), but about 25 of those strokes were putts. Does anybody have any putting drills (besides going to the practice green with 300 balls).

Also, I'm in the market for a new bag.  Does anybody have an Ogio bag?  I've been looking at the Grom especially since I like to walk when my friends aren't too lazy.
Get in your stance, do your routines, etc etc.
Once you do that, line up and putt the ball. However, instead of following the ball, keep your head still and focused on the ground. Wait about 3-4 seconds before tracking the ball.
I had a problem were once i putted the ball, i would look right away which caused me to push the ball left. After keeping my head down and waiting, i was able to fix that.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Played 9 yesterday. Only 10 over. Got my first birdie ever. 2 pars. only 2.5 months of playing. feels good man

I wish I could feel this way about my game, haha. I'm off today and not even sure if I want to go out because of how !%#%+! my game has been of late.

Back
Top Bottom