Any Golfers on NT?

Just got done playing 18. Worst round ever. Was either picking my head up or hitting draws that were drawing about 15+ yards. Tried to fix it and finally made some good swings on the last 2 holes. Couldn't hit anything over a 6 iron or it would be a duck hook.

Demoed a Ping G20 last week and it was a nice club but I can't get over the shape. The guy at the shop was trying to hype of the new tfc shaft and I didn't think it was that great at all. Got the vr pro in the other day and thinking of sending it back for an 8.5*. Hitting all my drivers that are 9.5 to high right now.

For the beginners looking to adopt a swing or people looking for a new method check out Geoff Jones aka Slicefixers stuff. Huge thread on GolfWRX as well as alot of Youtube videos. Also has a couple PDF files floating around that teach his swing.

http://www.scribd.com/ral...4-Encyclopedia-Texarkana

Awesome vid that breaks down the swing

Dan Whittaker aka DFW1500 has a lot of videos that correspond with slicefixers teachings as well.

Check it out.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

http://www.golfsmith.com/...sline-full-cord-580-grip

Blemished crossline cords for cheappp.

I wanna start regripping my clubs myself... Just ordered 20 of the crossline blemishes. Where can I get a regripping kit?
Golfsmith always has the deals on blem grips. Ordered 20 black widows last summer for $20.

An air compressor makes it real easy but I did mine the old school way. Grip tape, mineral spirits, razor blade, and a vice with insert to hold the shaft is all you need. Gets messy so Id suggest and paint tray or something under the vice to catch the runoff mineral spirits.

I thought if you were using an air compressor you could blow the grips on and you wouldnt even need solvent or anything?

I thought if you were using an air compressor you could blow the grips on and you wouldnt even need solvent or anything?

You can. Solvent makes it a bit easier.

What style of grip do you use?

I'm thinking about switching to the interlocking grip, where the index and pinky wrap together. Taking some practice swings in the back yard, it felt like it took my hands out of the swing. Going to head to the range right now and see if I like it or not. I'm pretty much willing to do just about anything to get rid of my shanks (nh).

Originally Posted by eaalto

I'm thinking about switching to the interlocking grip, where the index and pinky wrap together. Taking some practice swings in the back yard, it felt like it took my hands out of the swing. Going to head to the range right now and see if I like it or not. I'm pretty much willing to do just about anything to get rid of my shanks (nh).
Last year I switched to an overlapping grip with the right index finger spaced like a trigger finger. Interlocking before that.

Originally Posted by tillmatic

Last year I switched to an overlapping grip with the right index finger spaced like a trigger finger. Interlocking before that.
This is my grip right now, in high school I experimented with interlocking for about a year on and off and never could commit to it.  Hit the range a few times this week and got my swing under control.  Had my grip to strong and was turning the club face way to much through the ball.  Might put the VR Tour in play tomorrow and see how I do.  Also thinking of ordering a Srixon Z Star 3wood off global golf, currently have a TM SF 2.0 TP, don't think I can get better set up than that unless I change my shaft but just want to get the Srixon since it looks so nice
laugh.gif
.  Also hit a top 100 fitter and tested a bunch of irons this week and man I have to say Nike forged clubs are damn nice.  I still liked the Mizunos better but preferred the Nikes over any other. 

Golf being out of the question because of terrible seasonal allergies <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< *

never thought I'd be excited for 100+ degree summer heat

Put the most
sick.gif
mark on the white of my RBZ today at the range.
laugh.gif

My swing adjustments with the driver cause me to dig an effing trench once in a while because its so unfamiliar to me.
30t6p3b.gif

I was more on point than I've ever been with my Irons though. Loving my new X Forged with the Project X 6.0's.
pimp.gif

I have been awful with the driver off the tee... Been killing the 3 wood and hitting fairways... Driver might go into hibernation for a while.

Thats how I feel too Newbs... My driver slice has come back but I corrected my slice on my irons/3 wood.

Now my missed shot with my 3 wood is more of a snap hook.

Thats how I feel too Newbs... My driver slice has come back but I corrected my slice on my irons/3 wood.

I feel like an idiot but I am thinking of getting rid of my 906f4 3 wood and grabbing an RBZ 3wood

If I could have perfect ball contact with all clubs except the driver, I would be a happy man.  As it is, all I can really hit right now is driver, and that doesn't mean +%%%.  I'm going to a Callaway demo day again tomorrow.  Gonna hit those beautiful X Forgeds again. 

I really want them, but I'm not about to drop 1k on clubs.  Was thinking about reshafting some of my older irons with KBS tour c tapers.

Man eaalto I feel you. I keep going and trying new irons but can't justify purchasing them right now. I picked up a second job though so am probably going to say screw it and get some. I am going to see if the nike employee store here though has any pro combo's since they would be half off. Otherwise probably order a slightly used set of mizuno's with my specs from ebay. I think I am going to need to switch my wedges though. i have got mizuno's but not a fan of the DG spinner shaft in my gap wedge and the sand wedge I would like more weight. Think I am going to reshaft the gap wedge and get a new vokey sand wedge.

Gamed my VR Pro the other day and with the Project X shaft man I was bombing them. Was pair up with these 2 older guys and was hitting 3 wood off the tee about 40 yards past their drives, then I finally pulled out the driver and was close to 100 past. The 9th hole at the course I played is a 490 yard par 5 and it is about 250 to carry the bunker on the right to cut the corner a bit. Soft fairways and my ball was about 40 yards on the other side. Can't wait to see what type of roll I get with this in the summer when things firm up.

Are you up in Oregon?
There's a fun course we played once in Vancouver, Washington called Fairway Village...Looks like it's just on the other side of the Columbia from OR.  

If I could have perfect ball contact with all clubs except the driver, I would be a happy man.  As it is, all I can really hit right now is driver, and that doesn't mean +%%%.  I'm going to a Callaway demo day again tomorrow.  Gonna hit those beautiful X Forgeds again. 

I really want them, but I'm not about to drop 1k on clubs.  Was thinking about reshafting some of my older irons with KBS tour c tapers.

I'm loving my '09 X Forged with PX 6.0 Flighted steel.
pimp.gif

Bought em for $250 shipped too and Ill likely be selling the 3 and 4 iron soon.

GO GET A PUTTER FITTING USING THE SAM PUTTLAB!!!! this stuff completely opens your eyes when it comes to putting!!!!

i have NO idea how this is going to end up but....

GolfWRX format anyone?!!!!! hahahahaha this is WEIRD..... but ive been here since like 02/03 so ive been through the ezcom and yuku eras....

i have NO idea how this is going to end up but....
GolfWRX format anyone?!!!!! hahahahaha this is WEIRD..... but ive been here since like 02/03 so ive been through the ezcom and yuku eras....

Thought the same thing! I played in my second ever tourney Tuesday at a course I never played before and was +8 thru 16 holes before rain washed us out. But held off long enough for me to make an eagle 3 on a 542yd par 5 to win me a $71 skin!

Same boat with me kobe... I have been through them all but this was quite the shock.... I need a fairway seeker with a driver... I cant believe my swing is so much different with my 3 wood as opposed to my driver... 2 completely different results...

Same boat with me kobe... I have been through them all but this was quite the shock.... I need a fairway seeker with a driver... I cant believe my swing is so much different with my 3 wood as opposed to my driver... 2 completely different results...

rocketballz, non-tour model.... i strapped mine up with the tour spx vts and its been a game changer

Played Dublin Ranch last week with some co-workers.

Did terribly, for the most part. Had a couple nice holes on the back 9 once someone pointed out how bad my lean was.

Did nail a 20 foot putt for a par save, which I'm happy with. Overall, I now have a couple of things to work on w/ my swing. 2nd time out this summer thus far. Probably play a quick 9 tomorrow.

Anyone have any suggestions on an 60 degree wedge?

Back
Top Bottom