Any Golfers on NT?

Been dealing with some back pain recently and haven't played much, but this past weekend was able to get out there both Saturday and Sunday and was my first real test with my MP 650 3 wood. This thing is a straight up bomber. It is probably the best feeling fwy I have ever hit, feels like a forged iron off the face and the sound is nice and muted. I played in about 15mph steady winds on a course with no trees and had no problem holding a line with this club, great penetrating flight. Almost thinking of replacing my VR Tour driver with one if I can find a deal.

Personal best round in the books!!!

Shot a career best 40 on the front 9 3 weeks ago...(sidebar: wifey was feeling ill so I had to cut it short SMH)

Next round this Tuesday couldn't putt, chip or pitch to save my life... was in every fairway DEEP and COULD NOT capitalize, so frustrating... Shot a 90.

Today started good then doubles on 4,5,6,7 SMDH got it together and finished par/par... 44 front 9 GROSS
Back nine: everything clicked. Birdies on 12,14,18 all par 5s .... 2 bogeys finished 1 under par... 36 back 9

FIRST MULTI-BIRDIE ROUND/NINE EVER
FIRST NINE UNDER PAR EVER

Shot a career best 40 on the front 9 3 weeks ago...(sidebar: wifey was feeling ill so I had to cut it short SMH)

Congratulations dude. Its a great feeling to just be on fire on the course. My personal best was about a month ago and I shot a 41 on the front 9....which was followed by a 52 on the back. :smh:

Could be a blessing that your wife was sick and you didnt finish the round. Sorry. That sounded horrible. What I meant is it could be good that you didnt play the back. At least you left the course feeling great about your game, you know? Look at what happened to me about a month ago. Shot an amazing (for me) 41 on the front 9, and blew up on the back. I left the course pissed. If I left at the turn like you did, I would have left happy.

Anyway, congrats again. :pimp:

Last edited:
haha youre right... I left the course happy as hell! it was like 99 degrees out and that AC was kickin' lmao

Personal best 80, and all i keep thinking about is how many shots I left on the course...yep... i'm a junkie

Congratulations dude. Its a great feeling to just be on fire on the course. My personal best was about a month ago and I shot a 41 on the front 9....which was followed by a 52 on the back. :smh:
Could be a blessing that your wife was sick and you didnt finish the round. Sorry. That sounded horrible. What I meant is it could be good that you didnt play the back. At least you left the course feeling great about your game, you know? Look at what happened to me about a month ago. Shot an amazing (for me) 41 on the front 9, and blew up on the back. I left the course pissed. If I left at the turn like you did, I would have left happy.
Anyway, congrats again. :pimp:

Where'd you play at Dland?

rocketballz, non-tour model.... i strapped mine up with the tour spx vts and its been a game changer

My driver is a Titleist 907d1 w/ UST Proforce V2 that was picked up out of the bargain bin at GG... Just cant control it... The 3 wood is a Titleist 906f2 w/ a UST Proforce V2 High Launch.. Seems to be a lot easier to control and also feels a little heavier which I like... If you come across that setup you mentioned with a 10.5 loft shoot me a pm.

Played in a scramble Friday... Rained off and on and was cancelled but we waited out the rain with drinks and played the last 9 when it cleared up... Hit the 90d1 w/ UST V2 in it and it was working every bit as good as a Superfast 2.0 with a stock Ozik in it.... Maybe lost 5 yards but I do love how the V2 shaft feels... The ozik didn't seem as strong as the V2 and I didn't care for how light it felt ether... Would like to try a club with a blueboard in it just to compare.

Blueboard would feel much much smoother than a V2 and will probably give you a slightly higher launch. I tried out a friends driver with a Proforce V2 in it and didn't really like it to much, though I can see how they would work with your swing if you have a fast transition, just felt to boardy for some reason.

Blueboard would feel much much smoother than a V2 and will probably give you a slightly higher launch. I tried out a friends driver with a Proforce V2 in it and didn't really like it to much, though I can see how they would work with your swing if you have a fast transition, just felt to boardy for some reason.

Yup... My swing is quite fast at the top

Made the move from Footjoy to Nike Lunar Ascends and my feet have never felt better.

Played 9 at Diablo Hills yesterday morning before heading out to a wedding. Getting better off the tee, but could not putt worth a damn. This 9 plays like the front of an 18, too. I think 3 par 3s, 1 5 and the rest 4s.

Added another wedge to my bag, just needed something cheap...Lynxx 60/10 for $20.

I tried on a pair of True Linkswear PHX... Love the look in pictures but damn they are wide at the toe... Look terrible IMO on the feet

Played at Chuck Corica GC in Alameda, perfect weather, got the round in under 4 hrs, wide open.

Double bogeyed 18 to settle for a 90.

Has anyone ever tried clubs from Gigagolf or Pinemeadow? I was thinking about building a wedge and a hybrid maybe...

Lets talk balls... whats everybody using?

There is a ton to choose from!

I played all last season playing DT SoLo's and NXT's...

this season I've had real success with V1x ( of course) but

sdok28.jpg

35btpwm.jpg

have been real surprises for me. Not only are they cheap but have performed really well for me to the point where I will reach in my pocket and have a choice between a v1x (always carry one) and these brands and I prefer these off the tee.

I want to give e5,e6 or e7 a shot soon along with the qstar...

Thoughts/opinions

My father in law hunts for balls and re sells them... Thus, I walk into his garage and grab whatever I want for free and damn near new... Been playing Pentas this year and I love how they roll on the green... Cant tell a huge difference is balls but I do like how the Pentas feel

everyday idgaf ball.... top flite gamer v2... 3 piece, non-urethane ball with low compression. it has decent enough spin and is soft on the putter....

when i play for money / any course > 50$.... usually nike one tour d but i've recently made the move to the taylormade penta tp3... theyre basically the same ball i've realized after a few rounds....

when i need to make sure i find the ball when the sun is setting or its a cloudy day... srixon z-star yellow....

Lets talk balls... whats everybody using?
There is a ton to choose from!
I played all last season playing DT SoLo's and NXT's...
this season I've had real success with V1x ( of course) but
sdok28.jpg

35btpwm.jpg

have been real surprises for me. Not only are they cheap but have performed really well for me to the point where I will reach in my pocket and have a choice between a v1x (always carry one) and these brands and I prefer these off the tee.
I want to give e5,e6 or e7 a shot soon along with the qstar...
Thoughts/opinions

So after doing some research it looks like the Top Flite Gamer V2 is the best bang for buck and has even drawn comparisons to the ProV1. But I also found out that Top Flite was sold to ****'s Sporting Goods, and probably won't be making these balls anymore! :smh:

I guess we should all stock up on them now while we can.

no. the top flite gamer v2 isnt the best bang for the buck normally. its a 20/doz ball but as it was being sold to ***** sporting goods, callaway dumped these at 10/doz. thats the only reason why many of us (at least myself) were playing this ball. don't get me wrong, its a great ball at 10/doz. its a pretty average ball at 20/doz. id rather spend 27/doz and get the taylormade tp3

If you're looking for V2 Gamers, check woot.com occasionally. I saw a daily woot for these once, and then they were on sellout.woot so I bought 6 dozen for $60...

Back
Top Bottom