Any Golfers on NT?

we ko pa, troon north. many good courses in scottsdale. i would say to play early in the morning but it doesnt matter, youre gonna roast out in that heat no matter what time of day.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
thats what I'm expecting. Average temp in May is like 95 degrees.

I ended up copping a used 49 degree Cleveland 588. This should fill my need for a club around 100 yds. Next up is a 5 and maybe 3 wood. Does anybody pkay play tour edge exotics? I've heard they play very long.

So I finally got a new driver. I went to Golfmart to check out the TM Superfast and the Callaway RAZR Hawk, but the one that really caught the eye of my inner hypebeast was the all white Cobra S-3 lol. I hit a bunch of different drivers, and then I ultimately went with the Cleveland SL 290. I'm about to go to the range right now to see how it goes.

I caught a golf ball clearance at wal mart again lol. This time I didn't OD and I only bought 8 boxes of Nike tours for $15/ea and a couple of golf towels for $2.50.

Yeah, for whatever reason they brought back the TP reds at $29.99. I still have 8 out of the 11 or so boxes I bought last year.

Thanks for all the advice on putters - going to hit some more next week and see whats what.

Just a heads up - I just got a 20% off one item from golfsmith in their most recent mailer - worth trying to track one down if you are in the market for an expensive item...

I have a confession to make...

I'm ashamed....

I'm an addicted club ho. I need to go to rehab. This was my bag no more than 2 months ago.

Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5* Stiff Aldila Proto "By You"
3 wood: Nike Vr 15* Stiff Aldila Voo Doo
Hybrid: Callaway FT 4h Stiff Proforce
Irons: Nike Vr Forged Split Cavity 3-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Nike Forged 53* SW, Titleist Vokey 60* Lob Wedge
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 33" w/ 20g weights
Sun Mountain Stand Bag

I thought I had my 2011 bag set, but then this happened....

With their clothes on...

Naked....

Beautiful irons...

One of these things is not like the other... One of these things just doesn't belong
laugh.gif

Best putter ever... (and the coolest headcover ever Junk Yard Dog limited edition /500
happy.gif
smokin.gif
)

So you see....

I went a little nuts in the past few weeks. I got my tax refund check, and I decided that I've always played my best using Titleist drivers/3wood, putter, so I'd just go all Titleist. I got a hell of a deal on a set of Titleist AP2 710 irons so the Nike Split Cavities are gone. I picked up a Titleist 909F3 3 wood that will soon become a 910F 3 wood. I traded my 909D2 driver and a few other clubs I had laying around for the Vokey sand wedge, 910H hybrid, and the Taylormade Burner 2.0. I'm going to play it for a week or two and then it will most likely become a 910D2 driver...cuz it just doesn't look right having that one Taylormade club in there
roll.gif

New bag:

Driver: Taylormade Burner 2.0 Superfast 9.5* driver w/ Stiff Matrix Ozik X-con
3 Wood: Titleist 909F3 15* 3 wood w/ Stiff Epic PURED shaft
Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19*hybrid w/ stiff Diamana Kah'ali
Irons: Titleist AP2 719 Irons 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold SL X-100's
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin milled wedges 54* and 60*
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 putter w/ 33" shaft and 20g weights
Bag: Titleist 2011 ultralight Cart Bag

Nice setup.

The AP2s look amazing.

Hit the Taylor Made Tour Preferred Muscle Cavity yesterday also, they were sweet.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

laugh.gif
thats what I'm expecting. Average temp in May is like 95 degrees.

I ended up copping a used 49 degree Cleveland 588. This should fill my need for a club around 100 yds. Next up is a 5 and maybe 3 wood. Does anybody pkay play tour edge exotics? I've heard they play very long.
Go to Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy and see if you can find a used Titleist 904F (should be between $50-$70)...I have a 19 degree with a steel shaft and a 13 degree with a graphite shaft.  Both can bomb it.  
Also check out Sonartecs if you can find them anywhere.  They went out of business but their woods are phenomenal. 

HWBurnz/Airblaster

After being persistent they offered me the membership at $100/month w/$100 initiation for the first year.  After that I qualify for the junior executive (under 35) at $129/month.  
I played Sat/Sun...88 and 95...88 with a couple mulligans and 95 playing completely legit.

My dad put together a set of his old clubs so that I can start learning the game. Here's what I'm using at the moment:

Driver: TaylorMade r5 dual

Woods: TaylorMade r580 3 wood
TaylorMade Burner Rescue 6 wood

Irons: Callaway Steelhead X-14 irons

Putter: Ping Anser 4

I've went to the range 7 days in a row, just practicing with the irons. I've had some good days (consistently hitting straight up to 170 yds) followed by bad days (spraying the ball all over, not making good contact, etc.). Golf is a very humbling game, but so much fun.

Any tips or advice for a beginner like myself?

Originally Posted by TrueBlue Magic

My dad put together a set of his old clubs so that I can start learning the game. Here's what I'm using at the moment:

Driver: TaylorMade r5 dual

Woods: TaylorMade r580 3 wood
TaylorMade Burner Rescue 6 wood

Irons: Callaway Steelhead X-14 irons

Putter: Ping Anser 4

I've went to the range 7 days in a row, just practicing with the irons. I've had some good days (consistently hitting straight up to 170 yds) followed by bad days (spraying the ball all over, not making good contact, etc.). Golf is a very humbling game, but so much fun.

Any tips or advice for a beginner like myself?
I think the course gives you better feedback on your game than hitting at the range...if you have the time and no one else waiting behind you, take the same shot repeatedly.  Learning how to make shots on the course is a lot better than taking shots at the range. 

You don't NEED lessons - you can learn on your own and pick up tips and hints here and there from articles, but lessons would probably help with your fundamentals.

You have a pretty good set, should last you for a while.  I would have been thrilled to have a starter set like that.  

Try getting a subscription to Golf Magazine or some similar publication.  There are very helpful hints, but after a while you will see that subsequent articles tend to have hints that contradict each other.  I have picked up a lot of good stuff from magazines. 

As a beginner, I would try to stay away from the Golf mag tips. They give you soooooo much to think about. I would splurge and get a few lessons from a GOOD pro. I went 2 years trying to figure out my own swing and it was a mess.

I know different people start at different levels and I am still trying to work a consistent swing with all clubs, but getting lessons helped shane damn near 20 strokes in 18 months.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

As a beginner, I would try to stay away from the Golf mag tips. They give you soooooo much to think about. I would splurge and get a few lessons from a GOOD pro. I went 2 years trying to figure out my own swing and it was a mess.

I know different people start at different levels and I am still trying to work a consistent swing with all clubs, but getting lessons helped shane damn near 20 strokes in 18 months.
I won't disagree with that.  A good professional should help you work out the flaws in your swing.  Just remember that as long as a swing works for you and produces consistent results, it doesn't matter if it's ugly or not fundamentally sound.  If you shoot scratch playing with Barkley's swing, good for you - don't change a thing.

I just stick to the driving range. I look alot better on the range than I do on the course. I think it's mental though

play the local par 3 course.

They usually arent crowded like the big course.

We always play 2 balls on each hole and practice extra around the greens

I officially have the shanks
30t6p3b.gif
. Was going to play 18 but pulled the plug at 9, was getting within 150 yds of almost every hole off the tee in great position and could not hit a short iron shot to save my life. Spent 2 hours at the range yesterday trying to fix it and thought I had, then I get out on the course and blow up. Might have to get a lesson here in the next week or 2

Originally Posted by Jgizzle79

I just stick to the driving range. I look alot better on the range than I do on the course. I think it's mental though

Just shows why course practice is important...

Range is good for learning distances that you hit your clubs, and for working out minor swing flaws before a round, but otherwise I feel like it's a waste if you can't apply any of it to the course.

Just food for thought - you see people spend a ton of time practicing their driver swing on the range, but they only hit that 14 times a round at max....should focus more on your scoring game - the short game.  Practice different wedge shots, putting, etc.  Way more valuable than hitting good drives.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

I officially have the shanks
30t6p3b.gif
. Was going to play 18 but pulled the plug at 9, was getting within 150 yds of almost every hole off the tee in great position and could not hit a short iron shot to save my life. Spent 2 hours at the range yesterday trying to fix it and thought I had, then I get out on the course and blow up. Might have to get a lesson here in the next week or 2

Well went over to golfwrx to see if they had any post about the shanks.  Sure enough they did and this video was recommended.  Caught what I was doing instantly.  Definitely lagging behind and coming from to far inside, leaving the face open and the hosel leading.  Going to work on my swing plane at the range to get it more consistent.

Swing Plane Video

I've been golfing 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks, despite the rain and storms I haven't played that bad.
Scotty Cameron putters are great btw

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

I've been golfing 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks, despite the rain and storms I haven't played that bad.
Scotty Cameron putters are great btw

SCs are overpriced...

Maybe having a $300 putter instills confidence, who knows.  At the end of the day it's not the arrow it's the indian.

laugh.gif
tell me yall just peeped that golf swing by chuck on TNT just now...that son broke the head off the driver on his tee shot while doing the stanky leg
laugh.gif

must feel good to be getting free clubs from nike though...

Originally Posted by baik

laugh.gif
tell me yall just peeped that golf swing by chuck on TNT just now...that son broke the head off the driver on his tee shot while doing the stanky leg
laugh.gif

must feel good to be getting free clubs from nike though...
I don't know if there's a swing coach in the world that can fix his swing, Hank Haney tried, obviously it didn't work 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom