Any Golfers on NT?

Nah the air expands the grip so it slides on with little effort.

Now thats a first. Ive seen a lot of people install grips but never without a vise even with solvent soaked grips; which starts to make the grip and tape tackey fairly quick but if it works thats fine. The benefit of air is you don’t have to cut the grip off to remove it.
It's actually pretty easy :lol:. I put the club on the table with the grip-side of the shaft hanging off, and a wide bucket underneath to catch the extra solvent. Rubber glove on one hand to get a stable grip of the shaft, un-gloved hand to apply the grip to the shaft.

It's probably in my best interest to not get a compressor. Then I'd just be wasting money buying/trying grips for the hell of it :lol:.

I prefer my shaft logo on the underside, grip logo top side. I don't use the grip logo as an alignment guide or anything, I just like the way it looks.

I actually stopped aligning my grips with the clubface. I turn them 180 so nothing shows that way I rely solely on the face. At some point grips move not every surface of the tape cure properly. So if it shifts a few mm you probably wouldn’t notice but if your suddenly slicing the ball that’s probably why :lol:
:lol: i just like seeing the GP logo for OCD purposes, i never rely on that to line up a shot

Yea, there HAS to be something we all missed.

Dudes will come for him this season, just waiting for it.

Just wanted to say props to the game of golf and hello to this thread.
Picked it up late last year and it has been an addiction ever since. I live in the northeast and any day above 45 im looking to call out to get a round in lol
Now im constantly watching slo-mo swings of JT, Dustin, and Rory, being at the range perfecting my form, and randomly practicing my swing with out a club. If only my driver and hybrid was as consistant and flush as my iron swing. I cant wait for Spring to get into full gear. Wish I picked up golf sooner in my life.

Just wanted to say props to the game of golf and hello to this thread.
Picked it up late last year and it has been an addiction ever since. I live in the northeast and any day above 45 im looking to call out to get a round in lol
Now im constantly watching slo-mo swings of JT, Dustin, and Rory, being at the range perfecting my form, and randomly practicing my swing with out a club. If only my driver and hybrid was as consistant and flush as my iron swing. I cant wait for Spring to get into full gear. Wish I picked up golf sooner in my life.
It really is a legitimate addiction for the first couple of years after you start playing :lol:. I was finally able to get out a couple weekends ago but it was torrential downpours the night before so the course was saturated :smh:. Can't wait till mid-late March. Prices are still rock bottom but the weather is usually pretty enjoyable.

Contemplating playing on Friday if the weather stays at 50*... My dad always harped on me to pick up the game... 8 years later I am happy I was forced to play... Such a good way to network and a game that you can play until you are 90... A couple of lessons this winter have me re energized for the season.

a bad day on the course is still better than than a good day at work.

cant wait for the masters.

im ITCHING to pull the trigger on the new callaway rogue.

Got out yesterday after work. 18 holes in 3 hours. Didn’t even keep score just happy to get out before the normal Pittsburgh weather of rain and possible snow came back like it did today.

Got out yesterday after work. 18 holes in 3 hours. Didn’t even keep score just happy to get out before the normal Pittsburgh weather of rain and possible snow came back like it did today.
was the ground frozen? i was debating a round this weekend but not really down to to swing into frozen ground

was the ground frozen? i was debating a round this weekend but not really down to to swing into frozen ground

No it wasn’t frozen, some really soft/muddy spots. Lost quite a few balls from plugging into the ground. I left the driver in the bag and used my 4 wood because I can keep the flight lower but the wind was still taking the ball.

went to the pga store near me last night and tried out a few drivers. ive been eratic with mine im currently hitting the 915d2 but i crush my 3wood (915f).

people say its the cowboy not the gun...but i brought my driver to compared to what they had and my god i hit the callaway rogue draw night and day compared to my titleist.

i knew i was never properly fit for my titleist. and its bothered me since, so coming into this season i wanted to get it done right once and for all...proper shaft, loft, weight placement the whole 9.

i tweaked my swing this winter to battle a driver slice and it still wasnt working. this draw biased rogue made me hit shots i never thought i could do before. everything i hit was from 265-285 with an amazing left to right draw (im lefty).

went home and used amazon gift card money i had and found the exact rogue draw i needed.

i know its still subjective because i havent used it on the course yet which i know trackmaster doesnt tell the whole story. but thats why i brought my 915 and what the screen said my 915 was doing is exactly what i was doing on the course.

if anyone is having difficulty with a slice, i strongly suggest trying this draw biased club out. also the ping400 was a very close 2nd (also a draw biased club). i was just more of a fan of the look of the rogue and honestly jailbreak tech is no joke its very real.

I never wanted to buy a driver that’s considered a draw design if you want to call it that. I picked up the cobra king Ltd from my local golf galaxy recently and I’ve used it at the range on just the normal 10.5 setting and I’ve hit them perfectly fine. Other days I’m pushing it right so I can adjust it to have the draw setting so it will help slightly.

stick stick when you did your grips with the air compressor did the move around after? just threw a new one on my hybrid with the air compressor and it keeps twisting

Welp, Tiger's got me back in the game. Gonna start up again for the first time in like 10 yrs. All my old gear was ancient (like 15-20 yrs old), so I needed to build a whole new modern set. Hit a few shops to demo some stuff over the last few days and ended up copping:

2016 M2 irons 4-PW & AW (used) $270
2016 M1 driver (used) $160
2017 Ping G Crossover 3 (used) $100
Odyssey White Hot RX 7 putter (new) $120
Had the Top-Flite bag DS for a few years and will add my ancient SW and trusty/extinct driving iron. Will also be ordering an M1 or M2 5W in the next few weeks.

Grand total: $650 (plus the $150 or so I'll pay for the 5W)

A little more than I wanted to spend, but much better sticks than I thought I'd get.

20180310_171040.jpg

Dude who sold me the Ping GC 3 was soooo skeptical when I told him I like DIs off the tee and was looking for something modern that was similar. He dug out the Ping and was like "This is all we have, but it should be what you're looking for." I took it into the sim and proceeded to fly the first swing 210 right down the middle. Guy nearly choked on his Arbys and said "I was NOT expecting that... you smoked it." Three more similar swings and I was sold.

Then today I went driver shopping and hit the M1 and a couple other used TMs. This was like my 5th swing with the M1 on center weighting/standard loft (9.5):

20180310_152609.jpg

I can't wait to hit the range when the snow melts :D

When people I know ask why I play golf I tell them come play one time and you’ll be hooked. Hardest sport I’ve ever played being that a repetitive swing is not easy to do every single time and the mental part of the game planning out shots around the course and figuring out safe misses compared to the bad misses is something I never thought of until I played.

I think if I played golf (or tennis, too, for that matter) competitively or professionally, I'd want the crowd to make as much noise as possible. IMO, that silence creeps into your head and lets you get too jangled when some random noise happens (eg. drunk white guy yelling "Get in the hole" during your swing off the par-5 tee). I'd be doing my best to pump up the crowd like it was a college hoops game, lol. Actually, when I get back on the course in a few weeks I'll probably wear bluetooth earbuds and listen to music or an audiobook.

I do not like playing golf with stuffy people... I understand people may need certain things to concentrate, but if you are freaking out over the quietest sound or smallest movement, I am going to pass on playing with you again... My uncle is boarderline that guy, so he tried to get our league prez to ban music on the course... 3rd week of April cannot get here soon enough... 24 week golf league starts then

As long as it’s not quiet then someone screams it normally doesn’t bother me much. I’ve gone with a few cousins and they all just talk the whole time it never bothered me. Only time it did was when they would make jokes during my swing and caused me to laugh about it.

I have a friend who will blame a bad shot on just about any sound he hears :lol:. It doesn't bother me whatsoever. If I hit a trash shot after a loud noise then it's more than likely I would've hit that same shot if it was dead quiet :lol:.

At this point I would gladly take people who talk or stay quiet the whole time. Every time it seems like the cold weather and snow is over I’ll look and sure enough it’s back.

What are some good sites to pick up 2nd hand clubs? For a decent price?

I’m looking to grab a new driver but if I can pick up a lightly used one for a decent price I’ll go for that too.

I saw an M2 Head on Craigslist. Brand new only used for a couple of swings. Should I just go with that and buy a new shaft/grip?

Back
Top Bottom