Any Lana Del Rey fans in here?

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

And for the record, I'm not mad at Lizzy becoming Lana.

Can you find me anyone that is?

It's funny how a legitimate conversation of this "controversy" has been spun by her PR team to see as frivolous as just updating her name/look.

^ Honestly a few pop writers I've talked to about her have felt a certain way about her "change," citing as fact she wouldn't be poppin' if it weren't for her changed image and sound. It's probably just saltiness though.

I think Emile is the main reason why she has all this buzz currently. His production and writing exponentially enhances her new age Nancy Sinatra vibe they're aiming for.

Just listened to 'Off to the Races.' Still havent heard a song I didnt like that's supposed to be on the album 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^ Honestly a few pop writers I've talked to about her have felt a certain way about her "change," citing as fact she wouldn't be poppin' if it weren't for her changed image and sound. It's probably just saltiness though.

I think Emile is the main reason why she has all this buzz currently. His production and writing exponentially enhances her new age Nancy Sinatra vibe they're aiming for.

Jeff Bhasker is working on her stuff too. (Did a lot of 808's & Heartbreak, Cudi, Alicia Keys, WTT etc)
But yea all Emile's stuff since Cudi has just been amazing.
I'm still not sold on her though to be honest, Video Games is dope, Blue Jeans is cool, Born To Die is alright.
Her image is corny though and seems way too contrived but if her album is dope I could give a !%@$ about that.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

I never knew that people were claiming she was fake either way her music is
pimp.gif

This lolol

Whatever.  All i know is i haven't seen her do one interview. I haven't heard of this older "lizzy" persona.  All i know is Video games is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Born to Die is even better.  I will be buying her album and enjoying it.  Emile is an absolute monster.  His production alone is worth the price.  Sorry for the thread bump but ive had Born to Die on repeat for awhile now, getting hype for this.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

pimp.gif

This lolol

Whatever.  All i know is i haven't seen her do one interview. I haven't heard of this older "lizzy" persona.  All i know is Video games is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Born to Die is even better.  I will be buying her album and enjoying it.  Emile is an absolute monster.  His production alone is worth the price.  Sorry for the thread bump but ive had Born to Die on repeat for awhile now, getting hype for this.

Co-sign on the production note.

She has done a bunch of print interviews in good size publications/websites. Haven't seen a video intv though.

Avy check 
pimp.gif

Video Games is one of my favorite songs of 2011.

I have a 13 song project composed of tracks from her Lizzy Grant days that I enjoyed. Hope her album doesn't disappoint.

Originally Posted by JD161616

Originally Posted by Jking0821

pimp.gif
This lolol

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Co-sign on the production note.

She has done a bunch of print interviews in good size publications/websites. Haven't seen a video intv though.

Where did all this hype come from? I'm a fan, but really she just.. kind of came out of nowhere and took over all the hipster/indie blogs and the internet.

"Born to Die" is that joint though.

Just purchased her EP on iTunes. Released on the 12th, $3.96 for 4 tracks. That 256 kbps Video Games and Born to Die 
pimp.gif

Yeah, she's blowing up at a pretty incredible rate. Off the strength of three singles really. Good on her though
pimp.gif

Looking through Tumblr, she's on at least a dozen covers of music/entertainment publications in the next month.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Not sure if you guys heard, but she will be the singer on SNL two weeks before her album comes out. The Interscope hype machine is winning.
Her performance last night of video games was terrible.
sick.gif

SNL was pretty atrocious.

I can't imagine she'll gain too many fans after that performance.

slower songs are almost always a bit cringe worthy on SNL to me
her being on was definitely a bit premature though...

I still don't get why so many people seem to hate her off top

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by hugebird

Not sure if you guys heard, but she will be the singer on SNL two weeks before her album comes out. The Interscope hype machine is winning.
Her performance last night of video games was terrible.
sick.gif
It was

I know the SNL stage is notorious for odd sounding performances, but that was an absolute train wreck last night. She's an attractive, talentless trust fund kid who has access to a recording studio. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom