Any Math majors on NT?

since there's an engineering thread, there's always finance and business threads, any math majors on NT?

nerd.gif

Right here.  I'm taking DE right now, then Linear Algebra and finally my major courses.  Excited. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

i might as well be, i get digits daily.

Spoiler [+]
soon i'll have the other 4 im missing and then i can call her
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Right here.  I'm taking DE right now, then Linear Algebra and finally my major courses.  Excited. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

nice, what year are you?
I skipped dif eq, not sure if I'll end up taking it later, took linear algebra last semester tho and doing differential forms and multivar/vector calc this semester

Right here. just changed my major so im behind though. taking cal II, stats, and linear algebra this semester

Originally Posted by il prescelto

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

nice, what year are you?
I skipped dif eq, not sure if I'll end up taking it later, took linear algebra last semester tho and doing differential forms and multivar/vector calc this semester
Bout to be a junior when i transfer from CC
laugh.gif
.  How you skip DE? It's pretty fun, you just solve DEs
laugh.gif
You are taking MultiVar/Vector Calc right now?  Isn't that just 3D Calculus with triple integrals?  Fun stuff.

Originally Posted by tyronebillion

Right here. just changed my major so im behind though. taking cal II, stats, and linear algebra this semester

Damn son you cray.  So you are going to learn integration methods along with linear algebra??  Nice.  I heard linear algebra is way different than the norm.

Not me but one of my closest friends was. We were roomies in UG and his workload was 
sick.gif
, so I give you guys the utmost respect. He graduated with a like 3.9 and now he's an actuary.

I have a degree in computer science, but with all the math courses I took, I could have had a math degree....think I needed like 3 other courses...Linear Algebra was a #!%++...and is something I'll never use in life...smh

I'm an accounting major but i might double up for a physics degree and just stay an extra year or so. Eventually I wanna work in nanotechnology, quantum physics, and astrophysics.

Who doesn't love finding eigenvalues lol but I'm debating whether I should double major with math or just stick with just Electrical Engineering because I remember doing proofs was a pain which is what I heard upper level math is mostly about.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Spoiler [+]
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Man, I took a lot of math subjects back in college to meet requirements for changing degrees. Could've gotten a minor in math or something. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by il prescelto

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

nice, what year are you?
Bout to be a junior when i transfer from CC
laugh.gif
.  How you skip DE? It's pretty fun, you just solve DEs
laugh.gif
You are taking MultiVar/Vector Calc right now?  Isn't that just 3D Calculus with triple integrals?  Fun stuff.

Originally Posted by tyronebillion

Damn son you cray.  So you are going to learn integration methods along with linear algebra??  Nice.  I heard linear algebra is way different than the norm.
well dif eq is one of the classes that comes before the one im in right now, so i skipped it in that sense . im a freshman tho, so i might take a more advanced dif eq later if i want to, its optional.
uhm the name of the course is linear algebra and calc, its pretty similar to harvard's math 55, so it actually covers a ton of stuff. its a year long sequence, covers linear algebra, calculus, manifolds, differential forms, some analysis, etc...and its all in R^n, so yeah 2d, 3d...nd. lol its pretty theoretical, not that many applications.

I took Calculus 1 and was thought I might minor in Mathematics...

Then I finished the course and told myself to never take a math course ever again.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Spoiler [+]
pimp.gif

#swag
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom