*** Any New's On A New Black Berry Yet ? (( Besides Pearl 3G )) ***

i can think of 1 Major thing that BlackBerry needs to work on. . . .

Its Browser.

We have a Blackberry thread, FYI, post this in there.

As mentioned, the newest one coming out will be the 9800. While it won't be better than anything HTC or Apple is putting out right now, it's a step in a better direction. Touchscreen WITH physical keyboard is something a lot of people want. Plus it'll have the new OS6, and while that hasn't shown any new or innovative things for RIM compared to Android or Apple, it will be a much needed update to the style of the OS and an all new webkit browser which a lot of people are waiting on.

We have a Blackberry thread, FYI, post this in there.

As mentioned, the newest one coming out will be the 9800. While it won't be better than anything HTC or Apple is putting out right now, it's a step in a better direction. Touchscreen WITH physical keyboard is something a lot of people want. Plus it'll have the new OS6, and while that hasn't shown any new or innovative things for RIM compared to Android or Apple, it will be a much needed update to the style of the OS and an all new webkit browser which a lot of people are waiting on.

Blackberry is really underwhelming me. I don't need ALL the bells and whistles (1,000s of apps), but I'd like something a little more exciting with the same functionality.

Blackberry is really underwhelming me. I don't need ALL the bells and whistles (1,000s of apps), but I'd like something a little more exciting with the same functionality.

They really just rehash the same stuff year after year, and I know people might say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but they've got a lot of stuff to improve on with their operating system and actually making a decent touchscreen phone.

They really just rehash the same stuff year after year, and I know people might say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but they've got a lot of stuff to improve on with their operating system and actually making a decent touchscreen phone.

Originally Posted by Jeezy Louieezy

Well, no. The improvements mainly all go into the hardware. Each new BlackBerry has a more updated processor, internal memory, and RAM. Also, it's understandable why when they release a new BlackBerry, they improve it little by little cuz if they put all the improvements into a new one all at once, they'll have nothing to come out with too soon.

Well, no. The improvements mainly all go into the hardware. Each new BlackBerry has a more updated processor, internal memory, and RAM. Also, it's understandable why when they release a new BlackBerry, they improve it little by little cuz if they put all the improvements into a new one all at once, they'll have nothing to come out with too soon.

That's why you download Opera Mini, and that's why they're coming out with a new and improved webkit browser in OS6

That's why you download Opera Mini, and that's why they're coming out with a new and improved webkit browser in OS6

Bad wording on my part, I wasn't talking about the internal hardware which for the most part is good but not cutting edge. Most of my friends can't distinguish one from another. They need to switch up the design or formfactor more often-obviously the screen+keyboard combo works and shouldn't disappear, but they can only make so many of the same phone before people get tired of it.

And yeah the browser sucks and the email attachment limit blows, not to mention the menu interface looks like it came from 1995. At least we know the browser is getting updated, but there's a lot they could do to make the OS better.

Bad wording on my part, I wasn't talking about the internal hardware which for the most part is good but not cutting edge. Most of my friends can't distinguish one from another. They need to switch up the design or formfactor more often-obviously the screen+keyboard combo works and shouldn't disappear, but they can only make so many of the same phone before people get tired of it.

And yeah the browser sucks and the email attachment limit blows, not to mention the menu interface looks like it came from 1995. At least we know the browser is getting updated, but there's a lot they could do to make the OS better.

The blackberry has never been a toy like all of these other phones (iphone, android, etc).

They have their target market on lock(business customers), and they are the best at what they do(email), and they just stay in their lane.

The blackberry has never been a toy like all of these other phones (iphone, android, etc).

They have their target market on lock(business customers), and they are the best at what they do(email), and they just stay in their lane.

Actually, for the past couple years or so, BlackBerrys have been more toys like iPhones, Android, etc. than business.

Actually, for the past couple years or so, BlackBerrys have been more toys like iPhones, Android, etc. than business.

They def need a little innovation soon or they will fall even farther behind Apple & Android (except in the business world of course). My dream BB would be something with the form factor of a Bold 9650 with a touchscreen in addition to the great keyboard.

*Also, people should stop harping about the browser so much. If you have a blackberry you should know about Opera Mini and/or Bolt. Both are more than competent web browsers until the new WebKit browser arrives with OS6.

They def need a little innovation soon or they will fall even farther behind Apple & Android (except in the business world of course). My dream BB would be something with the form factor of a Bold 9650 with a touchscreen in addition to the great keyboard.

*Also, people should stop harping about the browser so much. If you have a blackberry you should know about Opera Mini and/or Bolt. Both are more than competent web browsers until the new WebKit browser arrives with OS6.

Back
Top Bottom