Any NTers aspiring to become a dentist ?

I am currently in college and like most people in my position i have no clue what i want to do as a career 
Some people in my family keep telling me to be a dentist or nurse
laugh.gif
 but i definitely don't want to become a nurse 

So am curious as to what a career as a dentist would be like 

I would love to hear about the benefits and perks and also the negatives of working as a dentist ?

I am currently in college and like most people in my position i have no clue what i want to do as a career 
Some people in my family keep telling me to be a dentist or nurse
laugh.gif
 but i definitely don't want to become a nurse 

So am curious as to what a career as a dentist would be like 

I would love to hear about the benefits and perks and also the negatives of working as a dentist ?

My mom is a dentist, it pays well her website is still under construction but its somewhat functional. The link is in the sig. If you're going into it just to make money youll be disappointed. You need to pay your dues in the industry first, After a couple of years then you start to make the big bucks.

My mom is a dentist, it pays well her website is still under construction but its somewhat functional. The link is in the sig. If you're going into it just to make money youll be disappointed. You need to pay your dues in the industry first, After a couple of years then you start to make the big bucks.

I've definitely thought about it but I think I've decided to take the physical therapist route instead.

I've definitely thought about it but I think I've decided to take the physical therapist route instead.

Originally Posted by JordanFiend85

But i heard dentist make like 70-80 K starting out 
Then they make like over 100 K after 5 years 

Originally Posted by JordanFiend85

But i heard dentist make like 70-80 K starting out 
Then they make like over 100 K after 5 years 

Originally Posted by AF92

Am curious to know why you decided to take that route ?

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

well...
1. Its a medical field; people always get hurt, therefore there will always be work. 

2. I can become a Physical Therapist's Aide and start @ $10 an hour now

3. After two years of school I can get promoted to a Physical Therapist Assistant and start off at $35-$40 an hour

4. Who doesn't like to help people???

5. After 6 or 7 years of school I can become a licensed Physical Therapist and make the biggg $$$$ 
pimp.gif

6. Physical Therapists are very high in demand and demand looks like it will keep rising to 2018 and beyond. 
7. I'll be in good shape when I'm older, which means hopefully I could play with my grandkids when I'm 65+

8. It's a lot better than working in a restaurant or in the stockroom of a Finish Line 
happy.gif

That's my case. 

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

well...
1. Its a medical field; people always get hurt, therefore there will always be work. 

2. I can become a Physical Therapist's Aide and start @ $10 an hour now

3. After two years of school I can get promoted to a Physical Therapist Assistant and start off at $35-$40 an hour

4. Who doesn't like to help people???

5. After 6 or 7 years of school I can become a licensed Physical Therapist and make the biggg $$$$ 
pimp.gif

6. Physical Therapists are very high in demand and demand looks like it will keep rising to 2018 and beyond. 
7. I'll be in good shape when I'm older, which means hopefully I could play with my grandkids when I'm 65+

8. It's a lot better than working in a restaurant or in the stockroom of a Finish Line 
happy.gif

That's my case. 

wow, I work in the aviation field and I literally was just searching for info on these 2 professions just during my break a couple hours ago.  What pre-req's are needed before you can start school to be a PT?

wow, I work in the aviation field and I literally was just searching for info on these 2 professions just during my break a couple hours ago.  What pre-req's are needed before you can start school to be a PT?

http://education-portal.com/education_required_to_become_a_physical_therapist.html
[h2]
[h2]Education Requirements[/h2]
There are no specific undergraduate majors that prepare a student for a master's degree program in physical therapy. However, most physical therapy departments that offer a master's degree have course requirements in mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology and anatomy. A master's degree program in physical therapy can be completed in about two years.
[/h2]

http://education-portal.com/education_required_to_become_a_physical_therapist.html
[h2]
[h2]Education Requirements[/h2]
There are no specific undergraduate majors that prepare a student for a master's degree program in physical therapy. However, most physical therapy departments that offer a master's degree have course requirements in mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology and anatomy. A master's degree program in physical therapy can be completed in about two years.
[/h2]

im in my third year of pharmacy school. when i get out i will start at $120k in texas, that is. I considered dental but I wouldnt be able to look at teeth all day long.
you must really enjoy the profession to become a dentist!

im in my third year of pharmacy school. when i get out i will start at $120k in texas, that is. I considered dental but I wouldnt be able to look at teeth all day long.

Originally Posted by ildiddy

What pharmacy school do you go to in Texas? 

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

University of Texas at Austin

Phi Delta Chi ftw 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom