Any NTers currently in college?

^No college for me. Don't believe in having a institution and unqualified instructors tell me how I should go for 4 years, graduate and be a worker. Work hours and overtime and make money for someone else. I work for myself only, make money for me, my own boss. Self employed.

College teaches you to be a worker. Not a leader.

You go to college, take out loans, get in debt, and in 4-5 years you get a piece of paper saying "Yay, you made it". That's it.

Not only that but when you graduate you are unemployed. Or underpaid.

I go from high school, straight to league. No college.

College is for drones, zombies and sheep, to fall of a cliff in the jobless economy and owing a scholastic institution 100K after graduation...or 20-30 k a year.

No thank you.

There is plenty of people making bank and caking major without a college degree.

You just have to have the heart, courage to take the risk. The ambition.

cliff notes: I am not sacrificing 4 years of my life, for a diploma, and 30-20k debt.

No thank you.

I'm absolutely have no faith in the college system, you have so many unemployed people with diplomas and degrees. So many unemployed lawyers, wondering why they went to law school.
you're doing it wrong.. Im getting that degree for free :pimp:

^No college for me. Don't believe in having a institution and unqualified instructors tell me how I should go for 4 years, graduate and be a worker. Work hours and overtime and make money for someone else. I work for myself only, make money for me, my own boss. Self employed.

You go to college, take out loans, get in debt, and in 4-5 years you get a piece of paper saying "Yay, you made it". That's it.

College is for drones, zombies and sheep, to fall of a cliff in the jobless economy and owing a scholastic institution 100K after graduation...or 20-30 k a year.

No thank you.

There is plenty of people making bank and caking major without a college degree.

cliff notes: I am not sacrificing 4 years of my life, for a diploma, and 30-20k debt.

No thank you.

I'm absolutely have no faith in the college system, you have so many unemployed people with diplomas and degrees. So many unemployed lawyers, wondering why they went to law school.

:nerd:

What's your hustle then pleighboy?

Nursing major. ill be done in 2 years. Then maybe ill go for a Masters to be a Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Anesthesiologist

Currently attending Santa Monica . Plan on transferring in about a year

im a jr at nau majoring in industrial manufacturing and technology management. dont know what im going to do with it but it does a lot of options 

spent my winter break at the snowbowl up in Flagstaff. You gotta nice campus. The girls :pimp:

Molecular Biology senior at the UA.

No thank you.

No thank you.

He mos def did it wrong. I got that degree for free. bout to get my masters for free too.

No thank you.

No thank you.

Yea I used to feel like this and I still kinda do but I've come to the conclusion that there really aint **** out here unless you gotta degree. Sad really

He mos def did it wrong. I got that degree for free. bout to get my masters for free too.

As for you two, yall care explain how yall getting the free degrees? I'm trying to get in on that too haha

No thank you.

No thank you.

Tell me what got you rustled, pleighboi?

:lol:

Scholarships fam. There are so many places that are trying to give people money for school, specifically people of color. I am a Gates Millennium Scholar. Got a full ride for undergrad, and as long as you go into one of their seven programs of study: computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health or science, you'll get your graduate program paid for too. The scholarship covers up to five years of undergraduate work, two years of a masters program, and three years of a doctorate program. At the moment, I am debating if I want to go straight to a PhD program after I'm done I finish my masters, or wait a couple years.

There are so many different options for funding out there, all you got to do is look. When I applied to my masters programs this past fall, the masters app had a scholarship component within the app. Scholarships, Grants, Fellowships, Assistantships, and Internships. The funding is out there.

Last edited:
Scholarships fam. There are so many places that are trying to give people money for school, specifically people of color. I am a Gates Millennium Scholar. Got a full ride for undergrad, and as long as you go into one of their seven programs of study: computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health or science, you'll get your graduate program paid for too. The scholarship covers up to five years of undergraduate work, two years of a masters program, and three years of a doctorate program. At the moment, I am debating if I want to go straight to a PhD program after I'm done I finish my masters, or wait a couple years.

There are so many different options for funding out there, all you got to do is look. When I applied to my masters programs this past fall, the masters app had a scholarship component within the app. Scholarships, Grants, Fellowships, Assistantships, and Internships. The funding is out there.

Indeed. America is losing the science race to the rest of the world by a spectacular margin, and the education system is starting to wake up. The $ being given out in scholarships these days is tremendous.

Yepp. One last semester and I'll have my Bachelor's in Healthcare Management. Then I'll probably do RN or PA because I currently work in an Emergency Room and I love it. Then I want to go "full time" for Spanish; my goal is to be completely fluent. 

I'm two months away from graduating with a BA in criminal justice.  I'm going to the academy either this summer or next spring so I'm set.

The best advice I can give you is network. Don't be afraid to work for free. The connections you make and experience you gain are much more important than money at the moment.  I work for my city now and completed an internship with the feds and I know for a fact that it is my experience (good grades help too) that has multiple agencies considering me.  

Study hard, sit in the front of the class, ask questions and get to know your professors.

DePaul University Business Admin major 
pimp.gif

Still trying to decide what to do though 
mean.gif

Nursing major. ill be done in 2 years. Then maybe ill go for a Masters to be a Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Anesthesiologist

Going the med school route if you decide to become an anesthesiologist? I ask because I was thinking about going to nursing school.

To me finding scholarships is like finding a needle in a haystack. The ones I find are either restricted to certain races that I'm not or not for me as in college undergrad that's in their first or second year. Some require an essay and I don't have time to write 10 different essays on different topics. As far as tips how do you find them (like the one you mentioned)? Certain websites that you go to?

Electrical Engineering major here at Sacramento State, hopefully i finish in two years...

No thank you.

No thank you.

VA pays for my education. I gave up 6 years in the military but I didnt leave empty handed. When in school I bring in an extra $2500 a month. This include disability. My daughter's education is paid for, I made sure to save some for her.

Back
Top Bottom