Any NTers in the Air Force, or intend on going?

OP,

About hit year 5 this Oct.
pimp.gif
It's a good deal bruh. First base is England, then Seattle,WA now I'm in St Louis. What AF jobs interest you?

OP,

About hit year 5 this Oct.
pimp.gif
It's a good deal bruh. First base is England, then Seattle,WA now I'm in St Louis. What AF jobs interest you?

yo, thanks for all the info.

i forgot to mention that im a graduate of vocational school in aircraft maintenance, but never pursued my license. im told by it would help my rank if i were to get it, is there any truth to that??

i would also like to know what to pack for BMT, and how the "credit card" system works?

yo, thanks for all the info.

i forgot to mention that im a graduate of vocational school in aircraft maintenance, but never pursued my license. im told by it would help my rank if i were to get it, is there any truth to that??

i would also like to know what to pack for BMT, and how the "credit card" system works?

i was in from 02 to 06'. So a lot has probably changed since I was in.

One of the biggest rumors about the air force was that we did our fitness test on a bike. That was true, but it was something called "ERGO", it was done on a stationary bike, and you had to keep a certain pace within a certain range. It was kind of difficult, and the air force ended up doing away with it. I used to score 95% on the fitness tests all the time. I couldn't get a perfect score because my waist size was always too big for the standards.

The difference between a 95%, and 100% was 3 days off, and 1 day off.

i was in from 02 to 06'. So a lot has probably changed since I was in.

One of the biggest rumors about the air force was that we did our fitness test on a bike. That was true, but it was something called "ERGO", it was done on a stationary bike, and you had to keep a certain pace within a certain range. It was kind of difficult, and the air force ended up doing away with it. I used to score 95% on the fitness tests all the time. I couldn't get a perfect score because my waist size was always too big for the standards.

The difference between a 95%, and 100% was 3 days off, and 1 day off.

Originally Posted by Kurt Like A Bawwsss

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

WHAT DOES THE AIR FORCE DO EXACTLY?WHY IS IT CALLED "THE CHAIR FORCE", IS THE JOB THAT EASY COMPARED TO OTHERS? WHAT IS THE PAY FOR A PERSON WITH A DEGREE? WHAT ARE THE PERKS/ INCENTIVES?

They're the last to be deployed to war, and it mostly deals with computers.  So I've been told offline...

indifferent.gif
 The Air Force gets deployed as much as other services. AF just doesn't get deployed into combat zones to fight as often.
Computers?
indifferent.gif
 More people work in aircraft maintenance. 
When will the AF ever get deployed into a combat zone? Like is it being phased out or something, air-to-air warfare? Only Russia can really fight with us in the air, but their planes are really old as well. So when will we use the F22's and other stealth aircraft?

Forgive me for sounding ignorant.

WHAT DOES THE AIR FORCE DO EXACTLY?WHY IS IT CALLED "THE CHAIR FORCE", IS THE JOB THAT EASY COMPARED TO OTHERS? WHAT IS THE PAY FOR A PERSON WITH A DEGREE? WHAT ARE THE PERKS/ INCENTIVES?

They're the last to be deployed to war, and it mostly deals with computers.  So I've been told offline...

indifferent.gif
 The Air Force gets deployed as much as other services. AF just doesn't get deployed into combat zones to fight as often.
Computers?
indifferent.gif
When will the AF ever get deployed into a combat zone? Like is it being phased out or something, air-to-air warfare? Only Russia can really fight with us in the air, but their planes are really old as well. So when will we use the F22's and other stealth aircraft?

Originally Posted by scshift

indifferent.gif
Computers?
indifferent.gif

only AF special forces really get deployed into combat. CCT, TACP, PJ

indifferent.gif
Computers?
indifferent.gif

only AF special forces really get deployed into combat. CCT, TACP, PJ

indifferent.gif
Computers?
indifferent.gif

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Go air force, smart, good look 
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
Computers?
indifferent.gif

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Go air force, smart, good look 
pimp.gif

I am on the road to be an officer by going to the Air Force Academy and when i was enlisted my career my pretty officer centric so i may be able to able to answer a few questions you have as far as officers in the air force.

I am on the road to be an officer by going to the Air Force Academy and when i was enlisted my career my pretty officer centric so i may be able to able to answer a few questions you have as far as officers in the air force.

The air force is cool if your willing to compromise your entire life style and spend a majority of the time away from your family so you can fix another country.

With the job market the way it is a lot of us don't have a choice
30t6p3b.gif

I come from a military background so I know the good and the bad that comes with Air Force life

The air force is cool if your willing to compromise your entire life style and spend a majority of the time away from your family so you can fix another country.

With the job market the way it is a lot of us don't have a choice
30t6p3b.gif

I come from a military background so I know the good and the bad that comes with Air Force life

roll.gif

tell that to security forces, combat control and para rescue
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

tell that to security forces, combat control and para rescue
indifferent.gif

Don't see a point unless you're going to become an aviator. It's extremely competitive as it is and sets you up for a future, well paying,  career.

Everything else you can do stateside.

Don't see a point unless you're going to become an aviator. It's extremely competitive as it is and sets you up for a future, well paying,  career.

Everything else you can do stateside.

i was considering going into the AF Reserves since i have a degree and the job market is so tough. Is anyone in the Reserves and if so is it a good decision

Back
Top Bottom