Any NTers losing interest in kicks like Jordan retros and the whole "sneaker culture"?

Kicks are trash now.

I got a handful of Vans and a couple pairs of Jordans left.

Rocking Nike runners to go to the gym and the run errands. Vans for when I'm just kicking it, and the Jays every once a while when I go pick up some carry out.

I grew up. Spending hours looking at pictures and staying up all night waiting to buy a pair of shoes is stupid and worthless to me now.

I buy my son shoes, but he's only 1. He doesn't give a **** :lol:

I sold all those worthless Jordans while I still could. I might have 4 pairs left.

Last edited:
casual sneakers > athletic sneakers...(assuming  people aren't wearing their sneakers for sports)

i don't think my obsession will ever pass...i just keep taking it to different levels. 

high end sneakers are a whole different ball game.  italian leathers and hand made joints give me a similar feeling now that i had when i was younger with a new pair of J's and whatnot. 

i have so many jordans and nikes just collecting dust in my closet. i always pictured myself breaking some of them out when i get really old...like 20 years from now. 
smokin.gif

My interest in sneaker culture will never change.

I look at them like car enthusiasts look at cars....i like knowing the latest technology. ..models. ....etc.

But jordans yea im done simply becuz i have all the ones i ever wanted...like to me if i got some 4s and they remaster them....i dont need those lol.

Mostly i like runners and shoes that have cool tech.
Right now i love hyperfeels and still search out for those.

Last bball sneaker i bought were the billy hoyles but i would of bought them eem if i wasnt into sneakers.

and most bars and restaurants wont even let you in with boots or sneakers. and that just carried over to the other aspects of my life. seems like i actually have to go out of my way to throw on a fit that i can rock some kicks with. 

Those are the type of places you need to avoid.

No need to go out of your way to wear shoes you like. Just wear them.

Personally, I'm on the other end of this. I've really just started getting back into shoes. Fell off from basically 2010 to 2015. Moving, kids, etc got in the way. It became a hassle to try to keep up with the newest releases. Roshe runs brought me back, they're one of nikes best designs in years, are extremely comfortable, and are priced to move. But I'm loving how nike is releasing a bunch of older, sought after shoes in original colorways as gr's. Huaraches, uptempos, trainers, air maxes are generally easy to pick up. I can't mess with jordans anymore because they sell out with quickness online and cost over $150.

I'm a mixture of these 2 posts. Grew up in a time where sneaker culture was so interwoven with everyday life that I know I'll never completely lose interest in them. This is what I know. Basically my feet need shoes and I prefer sneakers. Pretty sure I'll always feel that way, too.

As far as Jordan's go, haven't worn a pair in almost 10 years. Got off the hype train back in '06 once it started becoming a hassle to lockdown a pair. I put my toe back in the pool with the last Concord release and that left a bad taste in my mouth. Now I'm positive that I'll never give a damn about another pair of J's again. Besides, I've already owned all my grails--beat them up and sold them off in a fire sale here on NT back in early '06.

Now all I really care about are various Nike, adidas and New Balance runners and "weird" shoes like Footscape Wovens, Flyknit Chukkas, Tubulars, etc. And I pay retail like once or twice a year, if I must. Other than that I'm #TeamRetailIsForSuckers. I aim to spend between $70-$100 on a pair, which means I miss out on a lot. But I get hella steals when all the beasts sell off last month's stash in order to afford the next hyped drop. I'm a good 5 or 6 months behind current releases but I always find the shoe I want for less than MSRP.

Been done with jordans since 2011. After 2nd year in college. Had been collecting since 05

Money spent on em. Plus i was getting older I started to prefer more sb's. But mostly casual stuff. New Balance. Saucony. Boat shoes. Boots. Never looked back since then

gettin' pairs that only matters now 8)
sort of more on lows rather than highs

Last edited:
From the comments made it looks like most of yall here are at least 25 and up. With the game changes it requires more time to cop kicks and some of us can't do that as adults. Retro threads dudes spend a whole day getting raffle tickets, that is no way I would want to spend a day off of work at this age.

Like I'm sure it's been mentioned already, too much of a hassle. I'm 28 and I have a family now. I'd much rather hang with them than run around all day collecting tickets for raffles I'm not going to win. The resale prices are also 100% ridiculous now.

Last edited:
There's certain sneakers i'll always have interest in, but interest dies alot quicker.

i feel bad for people just getting into runners and also high end designer sneakers.

lol, like bro you're just applying your former JB hypebeast mindset to a different kind of sneaker.

call me an elitist, but once i see NT start hyping up a shoe, I begin to lose interest (see: balenciaga arenas).

im in the current process of moving my sneaker collection. Getting old sucks

Wish I could dress like Robin Williams 

From the comments made it looks like most of yall here are at least 25 and up. With the game changes it requires more time to cop kicks and some of us can't do that as adults. Retro threads dudes spend a whole day getting raffle tickets, that is no way I would want to spend a day off of work at this age.
Can't believe some of the stuff people are willing to do to secure a pair of shoes now a days. When the SBB 1's released I decided the weekend before that I was really feeling them and I wanted to cop. So i entered my first raffle at kicks usa. But it was no where near the hassle some people went through to get theirs. the kicks usa that is literally less than a 5 minute drive a way from house was getting them so i went there while i was waiting for my takeout next door got a ticket then left. hit up one of my bestfriends who also lives close to 5 minutes away and asked if he was close by and wanted to drop a ticket for me. he happened to be with his girlfriend and his cousin at the time and they all put in tickets. couple days later he gets the call that he won and i go and pick up the kicks on release. That was the extent of my entire raffle experience. In the SBB thread i've seen people talking putting in for raffles 2 hours north of me, in my area, and an hour south of me just to not win. 6-7 hours worth of driving for raffle tickets. Is it really that serious? more importantly how do people have that much free time?

Can't believe some of the stuff people are willing to do to secure a pair of shoes now a days. When the SBB 1's released I decided the weekend before that I was really feeling them and I wanted to cop. So i entered my first raffle at kicks usa. But it was no where near the hassle some people went through to get theirs. the kicks usa that is literally less than a 5 minute drive a way from house was getting them so i went there while i was waiting for my takeout next door got a ticket then left. hit up one of my bestfriends who also lives close to 5 minutes away and asked if he was close by and wanted to drop a ticket for me. he happened to be with his girlfriend and his cousin at the time and they all put in tickets. couple days later he gets the call that he won and i go and pick up the kicks on release. That was the extent of my entire raffle experience. In the SBB thread i've seen people talking putting in for raffles 2 hours north of me, in my area, and an hour south of me just to not win. 6-7 hours worth of driving for raffle tickets. Is it really that serious? more importantly how do people have that much free time?
whats crazy is that the SBB itself is mad underwhelming. people were gassing up the quality of it and when I received mine in hand, i was sadly disappointed.

will def sell it down the line

Like I'm sure it's been mentioned already, too much of a hassle. I'm 28 and I have a family now. I'd much rather hang with them than run around all day collecting tickets for raffles I'm not going to win. The resale prices are also 100% ridiculous now.
That's the craziest part, kids are willing to pay resell, i'm not rich...and I aint that broke but I rather not pay money I could spend on some foriegn kicks for Jordans, its totally backwards IMO. It's just fun to watch, just waiting for the bubble to burst.

That's the craziest part, kids are willing to pay resell, i'm not rich...and I aint that broke but I rather not pay money I could spend on some foriegn kicks for Jordans, its totally backwards IMO. It's just fun to watch, just waiting for the bubble to burst.
midas  whale take those royals out of your wanted to buy sig man.

i cant believe how much theyre going for. I sold mine when they retrod in 2013. again quality was trash.

whats crazy is that the SBB itself is mad underwhelming. people were gassing up the quality of it and when I received mine in hand, i was sadly disappointed.

Not the thread but I don't think the quality isn't as up to par as you are making it seem. It's def much better than most of JB other stuff presently.

midas  whale take those royals out of your wanted to buy sig man.

i cant believe how much theyre going for. I sold mine when they retrod in 2013. again quality was trash.
Just being patient bro, hopefully a decent deal will pop up...was hoping a NTer would let go a pair for a decent price, you know how NT use to work, but you know capitalism.

well this was actually my first pair of jordans made that released in 2015 that ive copped that was actually made in 2015 so i was pleasantly surprised by the quality. I went all of 2014 without buying any jordans that released that year

I don't keep up with releases like I used too but I still have my favorites that I know I will buy but that's about it. It's impossible for me to not wear sneakers at all but its very easy to filter through the unnecessary.

This right here.

Everything has been said:

I am 28 years old. I can't wear sneakers to work. I struggle to find time to wear them
Bots, Raffels, lines, resellers. I used to get to the mall an hour or two before the store opened sit there and be in the top 5 of maybe 15 people to cop. I have failed so much with online releases that i basically have just given up and refuse to pay super high resale

Price is way too high for me now a days. $200 for a pair of shoes i will wear once a month? Im good

But you are preaching to the choir here NT has always been "come for the kicks, stay for General". Once you get done with the JB forume and Nike Forum and Ronnie Fieg Threads you come to general....i haven't been in the JB forum in forever

Sometimes I lurk the JB thread for fun.  That usually lasts less than 5 minutes.  It's literally a different NT over there.  
laugh.gif

I dont buy kicks anymore but there still a good amount of Kobes I want from the IVs and VIIs line.

Resell is just ridiculous now so I rather pass on some of the opportunities 

I keep an eye on th "game", but Im not spending like I used to.

It has to be something I just GOTTA have. Even still, the price are inflated so, I just feel like I know better.

$100 for some Air Forces? I just..naw.. :smh:

I still pay attention to see if anything catches my eye. Jordans are beginning to become played to me and I have yet to own a pair of a couple different models; 11 mids, 13s, 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 9s, and 10s. Honestly have like 6-8 pairs of retros maybe? Only retro I've bought this year was the Hares and have yet to wear. I almost feel like selling them but I just bought a matching shirt so I feel compelled to keep them. 
laugh.gif

But both my Carmines and Black Infrareds have seen almost no play in months. Grape 5s just sit anymore. My last 5 sneaker purchases include 3 Kyries, a pair of Fluxes, and the Hares and honestly I'm happier with the Kyries and Fluxes than the Hares. It's kind of sick when you think about seeing a shoe for $110 and thinking it's a steal because you're used to seeing Jays go for $200+ and that's just retail. Like I bought the Infrared Kyries on a whim because of the price tag. Don't get me wrong, they're becoming one of my favorite shoes and I'm so happy I grabbed them now. Jays are just becoming played to me. I get so fussy when something happens to them or I gotta be careful not to do anything wild in them because the materials are gonna crease or bend. It's not even fun wearing them anymore because the price tag and availability makes it so I gotta preserve them as much as possible. They're ******* shoes. They're supposed to protect you not the other way around.

The fact I can find shoes half the price on top of discount at times that are less stressful to wear, more comfortable, and aren't be played out by little kids makes me question purchasing Jays even more. I kinda want to sell all my Jays and move on to newer tech. I gotta be looking at like $1200 if I did and I wouldn't even miss most of them. Would love that cash to pay off some bills and pick up some new clothes. All these shoes got me skimping on clothes to even match with them. It's just *** backwards.

Last edited:
Let me ask you this though, if money weren't an issue would your feelings on the subject change at all? Because it seems like a lot of the frustration stems from the rising costs and practicality.

If money wasnt an issue, I'd definitely buy more, but I wouldn't get EVERYTING.

Strictly OG colorways. :nthat:

Bruh big release threads. Kids have post counts under 50 with requests for oops lol.

Buying the latest sneakers and whatnot I'm def off that...busy trying to be able to afford my dream pad, obtain financial security and start my lifelong career

Back
Top Bottom