Any of yall ever been SKYDIVING?

For anyone in the Bay Area, this is where I went. It's located in Lodi and probably the cheapest place to jump: http://www.parachutecenter.com/

What's crazy is sky diving is hardly rare no more. There were tons of people there when I went from old grandpas to a whole wedding party. They just fly you up and jump you out with the quickness. Actually I think it is pretty decent money if you can do it fast enough.

BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.. IS LIKE DRINKING RED BULL X 10. It wasnt scary, honestly scariest part was the plane ride up and when they opened the door.. once your out you feel freedom. You might end up with a cold though due to all that air going in your mouth

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Question: Would you be able to jump by yourself the very first time?

I'm not tryna have another man strapped to my back
laugh.gif

You have to do the 7 levels. Only like 2 of em are tandem, then you start going with your own chute. 
But to get to the point where you can just jump out by yourself is roughly how long it takes you to do those 7 levels.

Some get through it in 7, some take 30. Sucks if it's the latter cause you payin for every jump.

I tried it once... just kidding. It was only a dream. I'm planning to do that once I graduate. I heard you have to take a couple of courses though.

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

I tried it once... just kidding. It was only a dream. I'm planning to do that once I graduate. I heard you have to take a couple of courses though.

More like a 15 minute video. It just shows you how to place your arms and legs in the air. The rest is all gravity and the guy/girl that jumps with you does the rest.

i spent extra to skydive off the coast in monterey. might as well enjoy the surrounding view for a first time. just glad i never spent money on doing an indoor skydiving facility. 

always wanted to do this... but I might try bungee jumping first.

that skydiving around the mountains pic is just
pimp.gif

I wish I had the courage to do something like this but the thought of it freaks me out. Im always thinking the worst

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

For anyone in the Bay Area, this is where I went. It's located in Lodi and probably the cheapest place to jump: http://www.parachutecenter.com/

What's crazy is sky diving is hardly rare no more. There were tons of people there when I went from old grandpas to a whole wedding party. They just fly you up and jump you out with the quickness. Actually I think it is pretty decent money if you can do it fast enough.
pimp.gif
thank you sir....

i'm unemployed, so imma go monday morning if its not raining

Hey DWOG where is that at? It looks #+#%!%% awesome!

I did it in Vegas (Boulder City) and it was pretty awesome. However I wish I did it somewhere like DWOG was where there where tall object to get an idea of just how fast I was falling. Doing it in the desert you just kind of feel weightless but not like you're falling out of the sky imo.

And to the people complaining about skydiving with someone on their back: So you guys want to jump out of a plane by yourself the first time you go and expect to survive????
laugh.gif
Clowns.

Never have but given the chance I definately would. I had the chance when I went on vacation to Cancun....but for the famillys best interest we went swimming with dolphins instead
tired.gif

I did get to do a dolphin foot push though

I though it was pretty cool  
smokin.gif

I've been hang gliding once in Marana, AZ and it was a great experience. I hope to go skydiving this summer

I dnt really mess with heights and rollercoasters... Should I jus stay away from skydiving ?

I'm scared of heights (who isn't), but I'm probably more scared standing a top a 20 foot ladder than jumping out of a plane if that makes any sense.
I went once in Arizona a few years ago, not sure if I'd skydive again but it was def. a crazy way to start my morning at 7am. If I do go again I'd like to go somewhere with a better view.

The most nerve racking part is the flight up and when it's your turn to jump. I was the last person to jump off that that drove me nuts, but once you jump out of the plane all of that goes away completely.

My ears popped so badly when the parachute opened it hurt for a good solid two days.....and when it was time to pull the chute nothing was happening and I was paranoid for a split second before my "instructor" pulled it for me
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom