any one feel da term "sneaker head" is a pejorative? vol. Dont call me that PLZ

I personally take it as a compliment. I don't see a sneakerhead as someone who just cops all the new releases because it's the cool thing to do. I see a sneakerhead as someone who has a true appreciation of them. Who can appreciate the rich history and the technology behind it. Someone who can appreciate the craftsmanship and art. Shoot, I don't have the best collection nor do I have 50+ pairs. But I have acquired a vast amount of knowledge about sneakers themselves over the years which in turn has enabled me to appreciate them more. "Driven from Within" is still one of my favorite books to date
if they appreciate them why do they buy em and sell em at a jacked up price?----thats not a real hustle to me. its just lame

That was cold man :smh: lol
But theres nothing wrong with having knowledge for all those things. Even though he's not currently working in any of those fields, you never know what doors might open up in the future.
But this younger generation doesn't have the same passion for sneakers as us 80's baby had. They buy whatever the consensus say is popular, we actually loved the shoes.
Im from the era where we identified Jordans by their colors. These kids nowadays are ready to publicly lynch celebs because they cant identify with the name concord or raptor or grape. And we wore our kicks until our moms made us stop wearing them because they were too busted. Then we just threw them on the electrical wire to admire them everyday.

i didn't mean that as an attack.....lol....just my observation...and yeah you can be well informed, i guess....should i feel like an idiot because i drive a TL-s and don't know a damb thing about cars?.... :lol:

Ninjahood wouldn't approve.

knowledge is power b.

nothing comes outta my mouth without me knowing what im talking about, that just in general, could be a libra thing, but i ALWAYS hated when i would speak to someone about anything and i could tell they was BSing thru da whole conversation....

like i would be like "son front wheel drive cars aren't as good as rear wheel drive cars because of torque steer, and a celing on overall power in regards to torque, towing capacity, and overall horsepower" and they'll nod their heads...next thing i ask em is

"ummm...did you understand what i just said? do you even know what torque steer is?" and they give me this look.... "no
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
"

makes me wonder how non informed is da average person about anything these days....
i feel you, so why not go build a car, be a mechanic, are you a mechanic?....i swear bro, you remind me of this dude i knew growing up in my hood, he was like our idol, my man would school us on all types of ****, morals, women, sports, games, back then we thought he was the **** and had unlimited wisdom, but now that im a grown man...i see the sadness of the situation, my dude lived in a bubble all his life, never moved on, went from schooling us, to "trying" to relate to the next generation, he's about 10 years older than me.....way off topic...
roll.gif

just don't waste your potential fam..

as far as the topic, don't be bothered by the term sneakerhead, "we" understand each other because we are part of the same culture and this online community, don't expect your boys from the block to understand though.....to them you are just that, another sneakerhead.
automotive technology is my college major, so naw, no part of me is wasting potential..thats definitely in da works behind da scenes.

being in a bubble isn't always a bad thing, frankly me doing me has benefited immensely, since i aint really got brothers or sisters for guidance as a young lad, i look from within for what i feel i gotta do to maintain, and its paid dividends.

sneakerhead always carried a negative connotation to me though, as far back as i can remember but i couldn't put a finger on it....till one day i went to a sneaker event (think it was lebron chamber of fear release) to see what da temperture was..i aint

really like da air force I's but i wanted to see how deep da sneaker culture rabbit hole went..went i left da event i left with a bad taste in my mouth...da thirst, da politics, da *** kissin, da i see you, you see me, da lack of women, had this

whole star trek convention aura..it was like "yo i did not sign up for this" so i knew where i fell on da ideological position with da kicks and where to draw da line.

Last edited:
That was cold man
mean.gif
lol
But theres nothing wrong with having knowledge for all those things. Even though he's not currently working in any of those fields, you never know what doors might open up in the future.
But this younger generation doesn't have the same passion for sneakers as us 80's baby had. They buy whatever the consensus say is popular, we actually loved the shoes.
Im from the era where we identified Jordans by their colors. These kids nowadays are ready to publicly lynch celebs because they cant identify with the name concord or raptor or grape. And we wore our kicks until our moms made us stop wearing them because they were too busted. Then we just threw them on the electrical wire to admire them everyday.
Steezys logic is just completely off. Whats wrong with Ninja knowning about cars and kicks or his "supposed" knowledge on music? Those are his personal interests. Ain't nothing wrong with knowning great detail about things he likes.

Most dudes like basketball and football. Some of us know stats and stats, but when never played pro ball. I hardly considering that knowledge a waste if its something you like.

You gotta do better steezy.

You have a point...I love kicks and have way too many when it comes to the average person but the term "sneaker head" right now is associated with these young dudes that are waiting in line for more then 6hrs+ to cop a pair of shoes.

The last time I camped out was for the ASG Durants. Ever since then I've realized that there were more important things to do with my time. I mean why should I have to spend a quarter, half or an entire day or more of my time to give a company my hard earned money? More power and respect to the ones who still do it but I just can't do it anymore....If I miss out on a shoe, then I miss out. I'll cop down the line when I want to and if I feel like it even if I have to pay "gasp" re-seller prices. I mean I'll always be a sneaker head but the term has evolved that it doesn't really mean the same thing it meant before "kanye shrug" oh well...

The term "sneaker head" is getting really annoying.

Just go on twitter and search for "sneaker heads." 75% of their posts are about shoes, not being able to get x shoes because of hypebeasts, not liking x shoe, and so on. Calling others hypebeasts because they buy x shoes, but they go back and post about only being "limited" sneakers.

The term "sneaker head" is getting really annoying.
Just go on twitter and search for "sneaker heads." 75% of their posts are about shoes, not being able to get x shoes because of hypebeasts, not liking x shoe, and so on. Calling others hypebeasts because they buy x shoes, but they go back and post about only being "limited" sneakers.
if called sneakerhead, I simply reply, "yes, I collect sneakers"

knowledge is power b.

nothing comes outta my mouth without me knowing what im talking about, that just in general, could be a libra thing, but i ALWAYS hated when i would speak to someone about anything and i could tell they was BSing thru da whole conversation....

like i would be like "son front wheel drive cars aren't as good as rear wheel drive cars because of torque steer, and a celing on overall power in regards to torque, towing capacity, and overall horsepower" and they'll nod their heads...next thing i ask em is

"ummm...did you understand what i just said? do you even know what torque steer is?" and they give me this look.... "no :lol: :\ "

makes me wonder how non informed is da average person about anything these days....

i feel you, so why not go build a car, be a mechanic, are you a mechanic?....i swear bro, you remind me of this dude i knew growing up in my hood, he was like our idol, my man would school us on all types of ****, morals, women, sports, games, back then we thought he was the **** and had unlimited wisdom, but now that im a grown man...i see the sadness of the situation, my dude lived in a bubble all his life, never moved on, went from schooling us, to "trying" to relate to the next generation, he's about 10 years older than me.....way off topic... :rofl:

just don't waste your potential fam..

as far as the topic, don't be bothered by the term sneakerhead, "we" understand each other because we are part of the same culture and this online community, don't expect your boys from the block to understand though.....to them you are just that, another sneakerhead.

automotive technology is my college major, so naw, no part of me is wasting potential..thats definitely in da works behind da scenes.

being in a bubble isn't always a bad thing, frankly me doing me has benefited immensely, since i aint really got brothers or sisters for guidance as a young lad, i look from within for what i feel i gotta do to maintain, and its paid dividends.

sneakerhead always carried a negative connotation to me though, as far back as i can remember but i couldn't put a finger on it....till one day i went to a sneaker event (think it was lebron chamber of fear release) to see what da temperture was..i aint

really like da air force I's but i wanted to see how deep da sneaker culture rabbit hole went..went i left da event i left with a bad taste in my mouth...da thirst, da politics, da *** kissin, da i see you, you see me, da lack of women, had this

whole star trek convention aura..it was like "yo i did not sign up for this" so i knew where i fell on da ideological position with da kicks and where to draw da line.

I feel you... I remember going to dunkxchange back in 06/07 to try to sell some kicks and I was completely dumbfounded with these "sneakerheads" that I never went back to a sneaker related event. The whole atmosphere made me :x

i wanted to see how deep da sneaker culture rabbit hole went..went i left da event i left with a bad taste in my mouth...da thirst, da politics, da *** kissin, da i see you, you see me, da lack of women, had this

I've never been to one of those events but watching these dudes on twitter :smh: :lol:

You sound like a baby ninja hood. You are caring to much about what people call you or judge you. So what if they call you a sneakerhead?......

plenty..and i mean PLENTY folks ask if i would ever just trade everything i have for a V..i tell em naw considering it took my years to amass this mountain of footwear,

and i always looked at cats that had whips but was rockin white tees w/ da mean bacon neck and cooked uptowns wit da "man, son barely holding on wit that car"

NYC is a unique city where you dont NEED a car, but you sure as hell would want one, and up until recently i aint really need one or want one, but im at a point where coppin kicks feels more like a tax of doing other things

then a actual commodity.

besides, spent money is spent money.  but yea, this new era of thirst of QUIET da turn off.
I only been copping kicks for about 5 years though...

And don't even got what I would consider "heat" just alotta maxes and old school nikes and jays ...

So I'm a little more detached from my kick game than you are. Seen you're interview and would be dambed if I would had to give some of those kicks up :lol:

I guess its all relative too what YOU feel is more valuable to YOU...

Pushing a nice GSXR. Or srt8 sounds muuuuch better to me than having these kicks sitting in my closet. But again... that's more valuable to ME...

Ain't giving uo the Foambs though. #fugalllatnonsense... I did hear you don't need a whip in NYC too.

Also, the homey ksteezy makes me want to buy him a drink then sometimes throw it in his face. What's wrong with being knowledgeable in a subject purely for liking it. Its not ALWAYS about stacking up paper if its a hobby.

You never know what situation will arise.

I am more knowledgeable about motorcycles and yambs than the average guy.

Neither one of those things make me money, and I'm not trying to make money off of it. I just like motorcycles and yambs. It also helps me start uo convos with MANY people b/c lettuce be cereal here...

Riding motorcycles and getting yambs is pretty friggin dope.

I feel where you coming from about flipping it into some paper, but some folks ain't eem worried about that.

your a sneakerhead. just cause you not one of these new ****** spending hours in line for a release doesn't mean your not a sneakerhead it means you have good connects..

ol in denial *** dudes
mean.gif

acceptance is the first step to improvement BRO
forreal...it was all good a few years ago what happened?
roll.gif

ITT: sneakerheads denying they're sneakerheads

comedy

[h1]Because if you don't define yourself for yourself you'll be crunched into other people's fantasies for you and eaten alive?[/h1]
Audre Lord

When I started getting into this whole shoe thing, "sneakerheads" were people who simply liked sneakers. People can call me this if they want, but I personally wouldn't be going around saying "Look at me, I'm a sneakerhead" or put #sneakerhead on my Twitter bio. The word itself sounds corny.

Ain't gonna lie...when I see a ***** refer to himself as a sneakerhead I instant give him the :rolleyes

Ksteezy logic is extremely flawed.Im a sneakerhead I love sneakers the history ,the culture,the design,the concept behind the shoes a lot it's something I love reading and writing about sneakers Thsts it I don't care how many kids cop kds ,LeBrons,Kobe's etc doesn't matter to meow limited a shoe is or how irrelevant that brand is in the eyes of the public if I like it I'm buying it .No brand makes you more sneaker head than others .I just like great kicks

Didn't read a damb thing but I've found that NikeTalk, *************, etc. those "Anti - Sneakerhead/Snapback/etc." and "We Hate Hypebeasts Coalition" type dudes that are always blaming the mythical "Hypebeasts" for not being able to get whatever Pink/Teal/Purple Brons are releasing next, are mostly the reason why these types of things sell out.

You got hundreds of dudes taking OD measures to make sure they get the shoes, paying 500 for pre-orders, thus hyping up the final resale market prices, posting for months leading up to release date, every post talmbout "these are gonna be OD hard to cop, don't sleep" etc. all in an effort to outdo the "Hypebeast".

You make it harder on yourself because everyone is trying to beat the Hypebeast when in reality, we are the hypebeasts who don't want Jordans anymore because every 14 year can attain them with a mall in their city and a few weeks of lunch money saved.

Instead we go for the Brons we have to wait till 8 AM on NDC every Saturday to get and grudgingly pay the 200+ for plastic shoes mad that we overpaying but happy that no 14 year old can come up with 250 bucks.

I guarantee you the Home CW of the Lebron Xs will not sell out till May 2013. But bet that the Jades will be gone first day. Those Olympic Plus' that there is a 20 page thread on complaining about? Gone within seconds of them going up on NDC.

What 14 year old do you know has 500 bucks to drop on Lebron pre-orders?

NikeTalk is the reason why the Lebron X Plus is 290 and the 9 Elites were 250. Nobody pays over 200 for shoes except for the "sneaker collector" community, I.E. Sole Collector and NikeTalk. Why would Nike continue to allow people to pay ridiculous amounts of money for their shoes without making a profit.
[h1]TL;DR -[/h1]
I laugh when dudes pay 600 for busted Jordans from 2001 just so they won't be the same as the kid in the mall. Or somehow try to justify how 500 bucks for worn shoes is a good deal (South Beach 8's/Yeezys/Galaxys). Same dudes who complain about the 290 X Plus'. Or  complain about general retail price increases at Nike overall.

Yet, the 13 year old kid who saves up his money for months because Kanye or Wale is his favorite rapper and he sees them in Jordans or Brons is the reason why the shoe thing is so ****** up. Right?

Ksteezy logic is extremely flawed.Im a sneakerhead I love sneakers the history ,the culture,the design,the concept behind the shoes a lot it's something I love reading and writing about sneakers Thsts it I don't care how many kids cop kds ,LeBrons,Kobe's etc doesn't matter to meow limited a shoe is or how irrelevant that brand is in the eyes of the public if I like it I'm buying it .No brand makes you more sneaker head than others .I just like great kicks

You guys are right, now that I think about it I retract my statement....guess I've just seen too many dudes in te hood, with knowledge in the oddest of things and doing absolutely nothing with their lives, never got the point...but everyone is entitled to invest their knowledge how they see fit and makes them happy.

Didn't read a damb thing but I've found that NikeTalk, *************, etc. those "Anti - Sneakerhead/Snapback/etc." and "We Hate Hypebeasts Coalition" type dudes that are always blaming the mythical "Hypebeasts" for not being able to get whatever Pink/Teal/Purple Brons are releasing next, are mostly the reason why these types of things sell out.​

You got hundreds of dudes taking OD measures to make sure they get the shoes, paying 500 for pre-orders, thus hyping up the final resale market prices, posting for months leading up to release date, every post talmbout "these are gonna be OD hard to cop, don't sleep" etc. all in an effort to outdo the "Hypebeast".​

You make it harder on yourself because everyone is trying to beat the Hypebeast when in reality, we are the hypebeasts who don't want Jordans anymore because every 14 year can attain them with a mall in their city and a few weeks of lunch money saved.​

Instead we go for the Brons we have to wait till 8 AM on NDC every Saturday to get and grudgingly pay the 200+ for plastic shoes mad that we overpaying but happy that no 14 year old can come up with 250 bucks.​

I guarantee you the Home CW of the Lebron Xs will not sell out till May 2013. But bet that the Jades will be gone first day. Those Olympic Plus' that there is a 20 page thread on complaining about? Gone within seconds of them going up on NDC.​

What 14 year old do you know has 500 bucks to drop on Lebron pre-orders?​

NikeTalk is the reason why the Lebron X Plus is 290 and the 9 Elites were 250. Nobody pays over 200 for shoes except for the "sneaker collector" community, I.E. Sole Collector and NikeTalk. Why would Nike continue to allow people to pay ridiculous amounts of money for their shoes without making a profit.​

[h1]TL;DR -[/h1]

I laugh when dudes pay 600 for busted Jordans from 2001 just so they won't be the same as the kid in the mall. Or somehow try to justify how 500 bucks for worn shoes is a good deal (South Beach 8's/Yeezys/Galaxys). Same dudes who complain about the 290 X Plus'. Or  complain about general retail price increases at Nike overall.​

Yet, the 13 year old kid who saves up his money for months because Kanye or Wale is his favorite rapper and he sees them in Jordans or Brons is the reason why the shoe thing is so ****** up. Right?​

Turned off by the sneaker "game" as of late because of the thirst like many have stated. Copping my last few remaining pairs I need to complete the collection and gracefully bowing out.

You don't define whether or not you are a sneaker head. To the average human, all of you are nerds that spend too much time/effort on shoes. That is what they think. They don't care about you not being one of the campers or not. To them, you all are the same.

Back
Top Bottom