Any Physicians/Doctors out there?

Originally Posted by Jerry Everyday

I'll be graduating in May w/ my masters. I do want to get my PHD someday but I'm really burnt out from all this schooling.
LOL I'm graduating in may with an M.S. degree, I'm thinking about staying an extra year in medschool to get an MBA or MPH.....just so Ihave an extra degree next to my name
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Lol yeah i didnt put that i collect j's or that i am an avid poker player on my app. How are ER interviews? Rads interviews are about as chill as you can get hell i barely even got why do you want to do Radiology. Im so gonna love this field. Not too late to switch Three00 oh wait yeah it is.
In general residency interviews are "chill" it's not exclusive to radiology. After all, the programs are selling themselves to you,it's the complete opposite of medical school interviews.

Three00ZeeX: Congrats on going into ER. It seems like yesterday you were a green 1st year med student!

I finished my pediatric residency last year, doing my first year in pediatric cardiology fellowship right now. Time flies, I was a senior in college when Istarted visiting NT.

Good luck to everybody.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Three00ZeeX

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

shoe head Doctors..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
besides "why do u want to do ER?", the next most commonly asked question on my interviews was "so u collect.... sneakers?!? tell me about that!"
roll.gif
laugh.gif
You actually put that on apps? I steered well clear of that one.
i think it was the best thing i put on my app! its definitely something that stands out and it started good conversation outside of medicine...one of the interviewers at MSU started talking to me about his game used college football helmet collection and we just had a good time talking about thesteals weve found on ebay and such.

UTVOL - interviews were laid back for the most part... a couple weird nonmedical questions that seemed more like the med school interview questions that caughtme off guard but not that bad.

HoDog - my man jason.. thanks for all ur help back then! i remember asking you about med school apps like 5 years ago lol... and CONGRATS man peds cardio thatsawesome! i just finished a cardiology rotation and they are honestly some of the smartest people ive ever worked with and im sure you are no different.

Originally Posted by Hodog16

Lol yeah i didnt put that i collect j's or that i am an avid poker player on my app. How are ER interviews? Rads interviews are about as chill as you can get hell i barely even got why do you want to do Radiology. Im so gonna love this field. Not too late to switch Three00 oh wait yeah it is.
In general residency interviews are "chill" it's not exclusive to radiology. After all, the programs are selling themselves to you, it's the complete opposite of medical school interviews.

Three00ZeeX: Congrats on going into ER. It seems like yesterday you were a green 1st year med student!

I finished my pediatric residency last year, doing my first year in pediatric cardiology fellowship right now. Time flies, I was a senior in college when I started visiting NT.

Good luck to everybody.
I would agree that residency interviews are pretty laid back especially rads and probably peds too but from my classmates Ive heard some prettyoutrageous stuff for those going into surgery mainly general. One of the reasons Im glad i backed away from ortho is the mentality of some surgeons even thosemost orthopedists are cool

Originally Posted by nicefro

Three00ZeeX wrote:

Sick avy, that's from the Madonna M5 mini-movie right.

pimp.gif

nah man 1990 300zx super bowl commercial.
click here

UTVOL - man ive heard that many of the gen surgery, ENT, and ortho interviews are more like interrogations where you sit in the middle of 10+ faculty whilethey drill you with questions.

I'm a little naive on this topic but I decided to go back to community college and major in BioSci. My goal is to be an anesthesiologist. What obstaclesshould I expect?

I'm expecting to graduate May 2010, but I'm leaning towards applying later to strengthen my application, and begin med school a year later. Anyrecommendations to what I could do so that extra year is productive? Are all the med school students/ graduates traditional applicants in the sense that youwent straight into medical school from undergrad?

I took a year off b/w undergrad and med school.

Med school actually look favorably on this. So I've been told. I took time off to get a Masters/work fulltime and do research.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

I'm a little naive on this topic but I decided to go back to community college and major in BioSci. My goal is to be an anesthesiologist. What obstacles should I expect?
Don't take your pre-reqs at a community college.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I'm a little naive on this topic but I decided to go back to community college and major in BioSci. My goal is to be an anesthesiologist. What obstacles should I expect?
Can you elaborate more on why not? What are my options?

Use the community college to get you into a 4 yr college and then do all your pre reqs from there.

Can you elaborate more on why not? What are my options?

Medical schools require that the pre-requisites (2bio,2chem,2orgo,2physice/labs) be taken at a 4 year accredited university or college.

So Im not trying to hijack the thread, but Im in my second year of law school and there is the on-going debate with me and best friend about which is harder.She swears Law school is harder than her med school and me vice versa. What's you guys opinion?

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

So Im not trying to hijack the thread, but Im in my second year of law school and there is the on-going debate with me and best friend about which is harder. She swears Law school is harder than her med school and me vice versa. What's you guys opinion?
I have friends who go to Law school, Law students can afford to go out and party 3 times a week and still pass/do well. I think that should answeryour question.

Not to mention the 3 major exams you need to take to become a doctor.

Pre-med here. Hopefully to enter med school in '12. I'm sub 3.6 but I'm getting there!

So Im not trying to hijack the thread, but Im in my second year of law school and there is the on-going debate with me and best friend about which is harder. She swears Law school is harder than her med school and me vice versa. What's you guys opinion?
I have friends who go to Law school, Law students can afford to go out and party 3 times a week and still pass/do well. I think that should answer your question.

Humm...That doesnt sum up my law school experience. How is the examination in med school. Because 1 comprehensive exam at the end of the semester FTL !!!

Oh and I feel you on the 3 exams. Because that Bar is looming in my near future as well.

I have friends who go to Law school, Law students can afford to go out and party 3 times a week and still pass/do well. I think that should answer your question.

Humm...That doesnt sum up my law school experience. How is the examination in med school. Because 1 comprehensive exam at the end of the semester FTL !!!
In addition to regular med school exams....med students need to take and pass 3 USMLE exams. You also want to do very well on these exams, becauseyour score determines how competitive you are for residency applications. And you can only take and pass it once I believe...you basically have to live withyour score.

Back
Top Bottom