Any runners on Nike Talk????

Just started a few weeks ago. I must say im surprised in how much I enjoy it...But its time to get gear.

Are there any online spots that have good deals on gear (need a watch, socks, shirts etc)???

Im going to get tested and fitted for shoes at a local spot...but ill buy online for my next pair

my goodness, you're getting into it...i just throw on a pair of nike trainers and gooooo.

Getting on a regular running routine
pimp.gif
...I need to get back into it especially sinceSpring is around the corner.

Tell me why i came in this thread thinking OP was talking about selling drugs smh

but yea, I use to run track

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

my goodness, you're getting into it...i just throw on a pair of nike trainers and gooooo.
fam im not bout to be running in my heavy basketball shorts...im just looking for a nice site where I can find some things cheap

I run 5-7 miles a day, 6 days a week (at the gym for now because of the cold weather). I found some nice fitting running shorts at the Nike Outlet, they sitabout 1-1.5 inch above the knee caps. I wear Under Armour compression shirts as well since it keeps my body warm and I sweat more. (I can run a lot better whenI'm sweating). When I'm really in the mood to run outside in the cold weather, I put on compression pants under the shorts and throw on a Championhoody.

I don't have a watch because time is never a concern when I go for a work out. I had a heart rate monitor bracelet, but I lost it.
laugh.gif

As far as shoes go...hands down go with New Balance or Asics. PS music helps out A LOT. Without certain songs, I don't think I can even last a mile.I'm thinking of training for the 2010 L.A. Marathon now, but none of my friends are down with me, lol.

Hit up the local Ross and Marshall, you should be able to find some nice gear there. Besides my shoes and Under Armour compression gear, nothing I paid for wasat retail.

Originally Posted by killaotaku

my fav type of cardio next to boxing or cycling....
pimp.gif
I hate cycling! I only last about 15 mins.
laugh.gif
Boxing is the best for me since it goes beyond cardio..it's strength training which isbetter by 10x. The elliptical is cool with me too.

gotta have an awesome playlist to keep you motivated and going...i remember when i first started running, it was hell. i eased up on smoking and startedvaporizing and my lungs and body feel great. i bought a pair of Brooks and i dont feel as much pain on my joints as i did when i ran with nikes. if you haventran for a long time you'll probably hate it at first...but then you get use to it.... and it becomes addicting.

Originally Posted by wj4

I run 5-7 miles a day, 6 days a week (at the gym for now because of the cold weather). I found some nice fitting running shorts at the Nike Outlet, they sit about 1-1.5 inch above the knee caps. I wear Under Armour compression shirts as well since it keeps my body warm and I sweat more. (I can run a lot better when I'm sweating). When I'm really in the mood to run outside in the cold weather, I put on compression pants under the shorts and throw on a Champion hoody.

I don't have a watch because time is never a concern when I go for a work out. I had a heart rate monitor bracelet, but I lost it.
laugh.gif

As far as shoes go...hands down go with New Balance or Asics. PS music helps out A LOT. Without certain songs, I don't think I can even last a mile. I'm thinking of training for the 2010 L.A. Marathon now, but none of my friends are down with me, lol.

Hit up the local Ross and Marshall, you should be able to find some nice gear there. Besides my shoes and Under Armour compression gear, nothing I paid for was at retail.
dang, dunno why I didnt think of Marshalls (or Target). I may have to check out that compression gear cuz I sweat ALOT.

You should go ahead and train for the Marathon...I think ima do a Half in August.

I dont understand the love for running. I ABSOLUTELY HATE running. But at the same time I would love to discover this love because I need to start running toget where I wanna be. Any tips?? How should I start out?

I went to a shop to have them measure my feet and check out my form when running so they could find the best shoes for me.

Beyond that, I'd say find the most comfortable clothes possible and fit out with your favorite brand (ADIDAS!)

omg i love running. what are some of you guys PR's? For the mile im @ 5:03 and 1:34 for the 1/2 marathon

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

I dont understand the love for running. I ABSOLUTELY HATE running. But at the same time I would love to discover this love because I need to start running to get where I wanna be. Any tips?? How should I start out?
Just start. I was the same way...prior to a few weeks ago i hadnt ran since those mile runs we used to have to do in middle school (im 26). Mywhole life I HATED running, and thought it was one of the dumbest things. But I have a buddy that started doing it last year and convinced me to try. I wentto the gym and ran a couple miles at the gym and saw that it wasnt so bad...but it wasnt untill I ran outside that I realized I loved it.

Ive been an advid cyclist for the pasat 3 yrs, so maybe im in better shape than most people that dont run...but I still say start running.

I even do it
pimp.gif
makes it even better

mile time is 6:38 as of monday
nerd.gif
(p.e. class 2x a week), planning onincreasing load to 4x a week

basketball is my favorite cardio
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

Originally Posted by wj4

I run 5-7 miles a day, 6 days a week (at the gym for now because of the cold weather). I found some nice fitting running shorts at the Nike Outlet, they sit about 1-1.5 inch above the knee caps. I wear Under Armour compression shirts as well since it keeps my body warm and I sweat more. (I can run a lot better when I'm sweating). When I'm really in the mood to run outside in the cold weather, I put on compression pants under the shorts and throw on a Champion hoody.

laugh.gif

As far as shoes go...hands down go with New Balance or Asics. PS music helps out A LOT. Without certain songs, I don't think I can even last a mile. I'm thinking of training for the 2010 L.A. Marathon now, but none of my friends are down with me, lol.

Hit up the local Ross and Marshall, you should be able to find some nice gear there. Besides my shoes and Under Armour compression gear, nothing I paid for was at retail.
dang, dunno why I didnt think of Marshalls (or Target). I may have to check out that compression gear cuz I sweat ALOT.

You should go ahead and train for the Marathon...I think ima do a Half in August.
I'm heated because I didn't know they changed from March to May. I thought about starting to train now, but I don't think I'll beadequately ready in 2 months. That was my main concern...it rains in March and I'm not going to run 25 miles in the rain.

I'm not really a fast runner, I pace myself. I do about 3.5 miles in 30 mins at the gym then I go lift for an hour. And then another ~3 miles after that.

The compression gear will make you sweat even more. It's the tight fitting stuff NFL players wear and the tight shorts NBA players wear under theirshorts. I perform better when my body is warmed up though, that's why I love it. The con is that Under Armour stuff never go on sale.
frown.gif

i used to run track and cross country. never did the whole shoe fitting thing, i just went to athletic stores and bought aasics or nike cross trainers. i mustsay i like aasics the most though. i would love to get that nike ipod thingy so i knew how far i was going, i think that's why i don't run now cause idon't know what distances i'm running and it irritates me. i also hate the treadmill.

Dang, 16 Oz. I only use 12 and 14 oz gloves.
laugh.gif
12 for regular use and 14 to gain speed. You don't even realize how much faster you are with shadowboxing on bare hand after you box for a while. Sometimes when I go out running, I'll do combos and dudes will look at me weird.
laugh.gif

I was a BEAST when I used to run competitively. 1:52.08 800m and that was up to my sophomore year in college. I still have my HS record in the 800m 1:56something
smile.gif
Im taking up swimming now, though.

Originally Posted by dunks87

i used to run track and cross country. never did the whole shoe fitting thing, i just went to athletic stores and bought aasics or nike cross trainers. i must say i like aasics the most though. i would love to get that nike ipod thingy so i knew how far i was going, i think that's why i don't run now cause i don't know what distances i'm running and it irritates me. i also hate the treadmill.
http://www.walkjogrun.net/

When yall run in the morning do you eat anything prior to running...or is running on an empty stomach ok?

I run 5 to 10 miles six days out of the week and am currently training for a marathon. A few of my personal records are 16:09 for a 5K in San Francisco, 39:12for a 10K which was also in San Francisco and 1:26 for a 1/2 marathon. There are a few things which I'm addicted to: Alcohol, caffeine, sex and running soI'm lucky two of the four are generally regarded as healthy.
laugh.gif

before this gets moved, what made you guys how do you start. I have never ran, thinking of starting

Are shoes really that important?? Im running in some beat Flint 7s. I dont wanna buy shoes just to have it feel no different.

Back
Top Bottom