Any runners on Nike Talk????

What shoes are you wearing? I love pegasus
pimp.gif

My shoes:

2cpqngw.jpg

Copped the track shoes for $2
laugh.gif

Maaaaaaaaaaan. thought this thread was gon b bout females...

the bay has too much slang. (Rippers, runners, trackstars)
smh.gif

Originally Posted by YaAintReady

smh.gif
thats not bay slang

Originally Posted by YaAintReady

smh.gif
laugh.gif

I knew I wasn't the only one.

I read that title like "DAMN. Dudes ain't wastin' no time anymore."

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

Originally Posted by dunks87

i used to run track and cross country. never did the whole shoe fitting thing, i just went to athletic stores and bought aasics or nike cross trainers. i must say i like aasics the most though. i would love to get that nike ipod thingy so i knew how far i was going, i think that's why i don't run now cause i don't know what distances i'm running and it irritates me. i also hate the treadmill.
http://www.walkjogrun.net/

When yall run in the morning do you eat anything prior to running...or is running on an empty stomach ok?
I normally don't eat before my morning run as I find I tend to cramp up during my run and after running this way for so many years I feelI've developed the ability to work on little to no energy (oftentimes hungover) and can still push out long runs. However, today I had a banana before Iperformed my HIIT training and I found that I didn't cramp up after waiting an hour before I ran. I've spoken with track coaches and even they tend notto eat before runs but I guess it depends on how long you're going to be running and at what time it's going to be.

I hate running long distances...i used to be a sprinter. I need to start running again though i;m out of shape

I'm looking for some new running shoes , but I'm trying to stay from the nikes this time around what other shoes/ brands would you guys recommend.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

before this gets moved, what made you guys how do you start. I have never ran, thinking of starting
I wanted to get in shape. We live up on the hills so it's a great way to build up endurance running uphills. I started with just running 1mile or so and it showed...during training, I would easily outlast my partner. My punches, kicks, knees, and elbows were consistent because running uphillskinda taught me to pace myself. While my partner's strength was a lot stronger, they would be huffing and puffing really fast.

Yes, shoes are that important. I had some Nike's I used...I forget the name, but they had air bubble through out the midsole. I bought a pair of Asicsabout 6 months ago and they make a world of different. There are even special running stores that sell running specific shoes. The ironic part is that myAsics cost $90, compared to the $140ish Nike's.

Hen-
laugh.gif
Yeah man, once the security dude stopped and asked what I was doing. I was running down hills and working on the momentum of my superman punch.

Here's what I'm wearing. I got them in a 9.5 wide because running shoes are generally too narrow.
313slfb.jpg

And lastly, don't go out running on an empty stomache. A lot of people think a pre work out meal is just as important as a post work out meal. Personally, I don't perform too well on an empty stomach or a full stomach even after waiting an hour or two. I usually just eat a can of tuna or a coupleslices of wheat bread an hour before I go work out. What I really focus on is the post work out meal. This is just my 2 cents that I have modifiedaccordingly via trial and error using myself as the subject.

I can't really knock distance running cause I did dip my feet in some X-country back in HS, but I gotta say for a person who has done both, training forexplosiveness/sudden bursts of power/strength/vertical > turning mad skinny and running marathons. But of course, just getting on the road and running >sitting on the couch all day!

Originally Posted by wj4

before this gets moved, what made you guys how do you start. I have never ran, thinking of starting
I wanted to get in shape. We live up on the hills so it's a great way to build up endurance running uphills. I started with just running 1 mile or so and it showed...during training, I would easily outlast my partner. My punches, kicks, knees, and elbows were consistent because running uphills kinda taught me to pace myself. While my partner's strength was a lot stronger, they would be huffing and puffing really fast.

Yes, shoes are that important. I had some Nike's I used...I forget the name, but they had air bubble through out the midsole. I bought a pair of Asics about 6 months ago and they make a world of different. There are even special running stores that sell running specific shoes. The ironic part is that my Asics cost $90, compared to the $140ish Nike's.

Hen-
laugh.gif
Yeah man, once the security dude stopped and asked what I was doing. I was running down hills and working on the momentum of my superman punch.

Here's what I'm wearing. I got them in a 9.5 wide because running shoes are generally too narrow.
313slfb.jpg

And lastly, don't go out running on an empty stomache. A lot of people think a pre work out meal is just as important as a post work out meal. Personally, I don't perform too well on an empty stomach or a full stomach even after waiting an hour or two. I usually just eat a can of tuna or a couple slices of wheat bread an hour before I go work out. What I really focus on is the post work out meal. This is just my 2 cents that I have modified accordingly via trial and error using myself as the subject.

Good stuff my man
pimp.gif

Got fitted at a running store and ended up with some NB 858s which feel great since I found out I overpronate. Only problem was since my feet were so used tobeing jacked up I got some blisters forming due to my feet having to adjust to moving differently.

Signed up and completed a 8.15 mile run on President's Day but am motivated to get in better shape after being forced to speed walk majority of thedistance.

I figure I should get more into it since I have a lot of weight (60+lbs) I'd like to lose in the near future.

Maybe if I hit my goal of losing 40lbs this year early I'll see about training for the Honolulu Marathon. I could probably finish without too much trainingbut I wouldn't be too stoked on taking 4~7hours and/or not being able to walk for a week after.

Having run my first marathon in the fall, I can tell you they are no joke. It requires a lot of time and dedication to training. And on race day, just expectthe unexpected. I ran Richmond in November and it went from very humid at the start, to 78 degrees and windy at the finish. It was absolutely brutal. But Ifinished.

I've been slacking this semester because I'm so busy with school. I'll probably run some 5k races this summer. I'm a much better short distancerunner.

I got hurt playing baseball in college and had a lot of pent up energy so I went for a walk one day before work. Like once around the blocklistening to the radio. The next day I did the same. After a while I'd go twice around the block and see how fast I could get it done, but still walking. Then I decided to jog around the block. Then I decided to see what was past the end of the block...

That was a number of years ago and I do 150-200 miles/month now. I do it for me. I do it because it feels good. I do it because I love knowing that I can dothings that no one around me can do.

And here's a hint for the future, boys: I know when you're young everyone want to be brolic. But you hit thirty years old, you're nice and leanand have a cut up mid section WOMEN. WILL. LOVE. YOU.

Advice on starting running.
1. When you're starting off, do less than you think you can. If you think you can run three miles today, then do two miles. You can always run againtomorrow or the next day, but it's a lot harder if you do too much one day.
2. Don't be afraid to shut it down early. You're not doing this for anyone but you. If you're out of gas then you're out of gas. There isnothing productive about making your legs slog through the last couple miles just because you decided that morning that you would do a particular distance.
3. Take days off. If you're starting out, your muscles and joints are probably not going to be ready for the rapid recovery needed for hard, dailyworkouts. Try running every other day for a couple of months. Limit yourself. You've got a lifetime to do more but you can spoil it for yourself bydoing too much too early.
4. Stretch, STRETCH, STRETCH.
5. Remind yourself that even on the days you don't feel like running, you know you will feel better afterward.
6. Enjoy running. Leave the timers and high tech equipment at home. Like I said, you've got a lifetime to grow into those things and in time you will. Don't get caught up in an idea or image you have of running. Find out what running is for you.

Can I get an Amen?

Shoes ARE that important. We got a technical running shoe post in the other brand forum...

I agree that shoes are important. And if you're doing any kind of milage, shoes are extremely important. But you don't have to be Under Armored fromhead to toe to trot around the block. You don't need a Garmin watch everytime you do a few miles.

hey what are some good headphones/earbuds that stay in place? the ipod ones keep falling out, very frustrating.

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

I got hurt playing baseball in college and had a lot of pent up energy so I went for a walk one day before work. Like once around the block listening to the radio. The next day I did the same. After a while I'd go twice around the block and see how fast I could get it done, but still walking. Then I decided to jog around the block. Then I decided to see what was past the end of the block...

That was a number of years ago and I do 150-200 miles/month now. I do it for me. I do it because it feels good. I do it because I love knowing that I can do things that no one around me can do.

And here's a hint for the future, boys: I know when you're young everyone want to be brolic. But you hit thirty years old, you're nice and lean and have a cut up mid section WOMEN. WILL. LOVE. YOU.

Advice on starting running.
1. When you're starting off, do less than you think you can. If you think you can run three miles today, then do two miles. You can always run again tomorrow or the next day, but it's a lot harder if you do too much one day.
2. Don't be afraid to shut it down early. You're not doing this for anyone but you. If you're out of gas then you're out of gas. There is nothing productive about making your legs slog through the last couple miles just because you decided that morning that you would do a particular distance.
3. Take days off. If you're starting out, your muscles and joints are probably not going to be ready for the rapid recovery needed for hard, daily workouts. Try running every other day for a couple of months. Limit yourself. You've got a lifetime to do more but you can spoil it for yourself by doing too much too early.
4. Stretch, STRETCH, STRETCH.
5. Remind yourself that even on the days you don't feel like running, you know you will feel better afterward.
6. Enjoy running. Leave the timers and high tech equipment at home. Like I said, you've got a lifetime to grow into those things and in time you will. Don't get caught up in an idea or image you have of running. Find out what running is for you.

Can I get an Amen?

pimp.gif
bro, and for the other comments too. I dont I can do 2 miles butI'll start on that.

i used to run...loved it im only 17 but ran for 4 years and still have some records at my middle school

Back
Top Bottom