Anybody ever receive a "fix it ticket"? need a little help

So the other night I got pulled over. Cop says he pulled me over just for my tints. Says "all tints are illegal, unless its from the factory." Cop says he's gonna let me off with a warning, but still gives me a sheet of paper that resembles a ticket. I've gotten a ticket before from the same police department and it wasnt the same document. On this one he crossed the word ticket off and wrote warning. Now at the bottom it says I have 5 days to correct the problem etc etc. Now is this even a really fix it ticket? or just a way to confuse me into paying when I really dont have to? probably a dumb question, but I hope you guys can help

i guess it depends in what state you live in. in Texas you cant have a certain % of tinted windows. limo tint will get you a ticket

^ I know that much. He didn't say anything about percentages, nor did he use his meter to read my %. Just straight up said "all tints are illegal, unless its from the factory"

Best bet is to actually contact your local PD honestly.
I've heard that a written warning stays on the police record and it is noted. If you get pulled over for the same thing again, you get a ticket.

-J-

i got a tint ticket before, just pay the fine. its cheaper than removing the tint. next time if you gonna be driving in the streets roll the drivers window down so they can see whos driving.

^ the problem is it isnt a straight up ticket, nor does it look like any of the fix it tickets i've seen online. That's why I'm confused by it, I know that police departments are hurting for money. That's why I feel like its not even a legit fix it ticket and they just want my money

yeah call and see what they say about it. I got a tint ticket a while back, lost it, asked them to send another and they never did. I have to call and see what happen.

Are your tints actually illegal in the state you're in?

I remember this happened to a kid I knew in hs. He said he just got a picture of the same car he had minus the tints and sent that to the officer saying he removed them

Most fix it tickets you have to take to a police station to get it written off. Can't just send a pic. What state are you in?

FL, but no doubt in my mind that kid could have just been talking crap

usally a fix it ticket is about 15-25 bucks and requires you to "fix" whatever the issue is.

Here in california, a fix it ticket is around 25 bucks I think? And they require you to REMOVE your tints. Basically find a random cop and show him you removed your tints, he'll sign off on the ticket and you pay your fine of 25 or whatever it is.

But thats here in cali, but it might be similar

Usually when you don't fix it in the time frame they give you, you have to pay a fine.

From what you said, I don't think that you were given a fix it ticket. You were given a written warning. So after 5 days of getting the warning, it'll probably be in their system and if you get pulled over again and haven't fixed the issue you'll get a ticket.

pay the ticket, should be $100 for tint, at least in michigan it is.

Do you actually know the law on tints in your state though? You can keep getting tickets for it if you dont fix it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom