Anybody with dreadlocks? If so, post pics

Originally Posted by Icrashdemboardz

Been growin my hair for like 4 years..and started my dreads a little over 3 years ago they are longer than they look in this pic.
dsc00048xa9.jpg
your dreds are coo...but you're kinda looking like a raptor

This isn't any reference to the NFL dude above(looks like he's at least 1/8 black), but I HATE 100% white guys with dreads
smh.gif
I have to deal with thesechumps day in and day out in Oregon, poser hippies who think that dressing a certain way, smoking weed and eating homemade quesadillas qualifies as being ahippie. NM that these fools never even contribute anything even remotely positive to society.

I know this thread is old but it's still a fail, some of you dudes need to really reconsider.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

I know this thread is old but it's still a fail, some of you dudes need to really reconsider.

how is it a fail if people are posting? you lost

Originally Posted by oidreez

Because it lacks quality, and I saw your pic on pg. 1, you lose

703 Hwy- 1

oidreez- 0

Because it lacks quality, and I saw your pic on pg. 1, you lose

703 Hwy- 1 0

oidreez- 0 1
what do u mean by quality and where's your pic?

2dseepz.jpg

im trying. i been getting my hair twisted like every 4 weeks. its short right now

Mayor's lil brother?
nerd.gif

b_golden_gun.jpg

703 Hwy wins, game over for oidreez, thanks for playing
pimp.gif

im convinced 703 dosent have hair or somthing. or son got bb bullet naps, cause every wave post... hate.... dread post.... hate..

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

Originally Posted by 18th letter

yeah so i decided to try and get them..what are some of the basics i need to know?

Um, well first you're going to want to find somebody to do your grid. To start you off. If you don't plan on keeping your hair up yourself, then establish a good relationship with someone who knows your hair and be ready to pony up anywhere between 50-70 every so often. I remember going to one shop trying to get mine re-done and some girl put black beeswax in my hair. That stuff was disgusting and it got all over my pillows, just a huge mess. I ended up having to start all over.

How long is your btw? If it's not at least 3 inches, it's going to be a big B to maintain on your own. I tried that and it was hella hard trying to wash my hair and re-twist them again.

Personally, I couldn't afford that 50-70 every so often. Not being in college with no job, so I went with the "do it myself" method.

I have a bottle of foam wrap by motions, a bottle of freezing gel by suave, and a leave in conditioner. I wash my hair on average, every two weeks and then just re-twist and blow dry them out. It does take time though. I usually watch a movie while i'm re-twisting them though.

I had dreads before I had to conform to society's norms. So now I rock the fresh fade. But to my dread heads, buck ignorance and keep this thread alive.

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

im convinced 703 dosent have hair or somthing. or son got bb bullet naps, cause every wave post... hate.... dread post.... hate..
Woah woah my brother, I got tips from the wave thread and showed love. Indian hemp FTW!
pimp.gif

Gonna be wolfin soon to get them extra tight!!

I thought about getting them. Cuz my hair right now is long enough be braided. My mom called her hair dresser to get my hair dreaded and she said it would cost$80 a month to get them done over and over. So I decided to just cut my hair now.

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

Woah woah my brother, I got tips from the wave thread and showed love. Indian hemp FTW!
pimp.gif

Gonna be wolfin soon to get them extra tight!!
indian hemp? that *##@ is way too greasy and sticky and thick for any fine textured people. it damn near sticks your waves down.

I like it cause its not as thick as pomade. You must be on that carrot creme?

^ Cop some Murrays Carrot Oil ( its got beeswax which makes it thick but still smooth)...s*** is piff
pimp.gif

2dseepz.jpg

im trying. i been getting my hair twisted like every 4 weeks. its short right now

Mayor's lil brother?
nerd.gif

b_golden_gun.jpg

703 Hwy wins, game over for oidreez, thanks for playing
pimp.gif
u got me buddy

Back
Top Bottom