Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Mail day...this Don C Jackie is my favorite card of the set so far.
83C3473B-28B0-49BF-BEB1-864ADF60BA6F.jpeg

I want the on card auto Danny McBride one but current prices just a little too steep for me. :lol:

I want a Dino Relic, but I'm scared if I buy another hobby, I'll end up with a sport coat relic instead lol.

Fozz Fozz

Was on my way to Santa Cruz and dropped by the Florin Walmart location at about 830 ish to buy food for the road and I see this loser with a cart waiting for the restock. Asked the lady how long he has been waiting there when I was checking out and she said since opening 7:00 lol....These lames can have it. I got better things to do than to wait around for hours looking like an idiot just camping out there haha
3.jpg

111111111111111.jpg

Yeah I seen two dudes doing that at one store then at another about 8-10. Crazy thing is I know that football mosaic are dropping this week but the vendor or boxes weren’t even out yet. That’s the only time I’d wait around. Seen one dude w carriage and a coffee like he was planning on staying for while.

lol

Is that Steezy??
:lol:
Yeah I seen two dudes doing that at one store then at another about 8-10. Crazy thing is I know that football mosaic are dropping this week but the vendor or boxes weren’t even out yet. That’s the only time I’d wait around. Seen one dude w carriage and a coffee like he was planning on staying for while.
yea that is why I don't bother with Walmart anymore. Just about every walmart around here have dudes camping out in the card area. The first person in line usually buys up everything good and leaving crappy stuff for the others in line. Then everyone gets mad at the vendor for letting him buy everything. Vendor says nothing he can do. He was here first

I've been flourishing at Target tho.

Is retail vs hobby still a thing? I was harsh a page or two back but nothing is guaranteed. They may be producing 100,000 common cards. And now I see on eBay #ed to 25 autograph cards ungraded going for $20-$90 bucks.

What's this person at Walmart expecting? Is he flipping sealed packages?

No hate. Please educate. What's different now vs years ago?

If you're dropping $300, are you atleast getting close to break even? Or is it all home run big or go home lotto jackpot hopefulness happening?

It’s all home run tbh. Best bet is to sell sealed product if looking for a guaranteed return. It’s gambling and the odds are probably worse then betting on a game or the lotto.

Watching breaks of $1000+ product returning less then $100 and you’ll slow down on opening the $$$ stuff. Buy singles and you’ll come out ahead.

Can get some big hits in retail just like in Hobby but the entry point is significantly cheaper. Hobby pricing is insane for product at the moment.

That being said. Opened a donruss hanger and I saw a thick blue boarder along with a RC logo and the Bengals logo. Was hyped.....

first optic I’ve hit and it’s /175

50C27489-D865-414C-82C9-24ABEFB3DCCF.jpeg

If anyone is looking for blasters I’ve past up a few.

That being said. Opened a donruss hanger and I saw a thick blue boarder along with a RC logo and the Bengals logo. Was hyped.....

How much for the blasters?

Got this out of the 9.99 hanger. Hit a lot more rookies out of those 9.99 boxes than the 19.99 blasters like others have mentioned
image.jpg
image.jpg

Breaks are getting expensive for mosaic football anything. Got these for $20 on the skins break, silver not bad.
image.jpg

It’s all home run tbh. Best bet is to sell sealed product if looking for a guaranteed return. It’s gambling and the odds are probably worse then betting on a game or the lotto.

Watching breaks of $1000+ product returning less then $100 and you’ll slow down on opening the $$$ stuff. Buy singles and you’ll come out ahead.

Can get some big hits in retail just like in Hobby but the entry point is significantly cheaper. Hobby pricing is insane for product at the moment.

I've been reading the YouTube comments on break videos for Mosaic Football 2020, everyone is laughing at the meager return on those ultra-expensive boxes. Much more value in a $10 Donruss box
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
What's this person at Walmart expecting? Is he flipping sealed packages?

No hate. Please educate. What's different now vs years ago?

If you're dropping $300, are you atleast getting close to break even? Or is it all home run big or go home lotto jackpot hopefulness happening?

People just buy up all the good retail inventory to flip or break themselves. Go to a target or Walmart these days and they usually have no stock, these people buy it all. A pack that cost $19.99 flips for $50-$60 on the secondary market.

interesting....... i got wild amounts of old cards from different Modell's when they were closing up

I’m trying to get out of the hobby gradually. It’s becoming a cesspool. With that being said, I got a silver and base prizm Tyler herro fs. Pm if interested

i know this probably won't end well....but besides walmart/target....are there any potential sleeper spots to find packs of cards? CVS, Walgreens, Big Lots, Marshalls/Ross, Dicks Sporting Goods...any local sporting goods?? thx fam. I just want the excitement of opening packs....i've just been buying psa 10s. lol

Back
Top Bottom