Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Where did you cop those boxes from and how much each?

All of these boxes were purchased from Wal-mart.

I actually didn’t find them my little sister and her boyfriend did. Yesterday morning I was at home salty over my Saturday SNKRS L and she FaceTimes me and asks if these were the cards I had been looking for the past month.

I told her yes and she grabbed them all, she gets her boyfriend to check the one close to his house. And sure enough they’re stocked too so I got them to grab those as well.

The megas or bigger boxes retail for $50 and the Blasters retail for $20

Got tons of free time and would like to rip a few packs. Unfortunately, this modern day Panini stuff does nothing for me. This year’s NBA rookie class is intriguing and may lead to a few purchases, but I wish I could get my hands on a few basketball boxes from 91-98.

Hobby is more valuable with the inserts or numbered cards the put in.

Retail is controlled my Walmart/target so if you find them you won’t be gouged like LCS or secondary market. Can still pull big cards.

Opening boxes is literally gambling, probably worst odds at that. If you’re in it to make some money steadily and consistently single cards are the way to go. A hobby Prizm box will run you over 1k and I’ve seen a good amount of boxes not even have $50 in return in the cards. Spend that 1k on singles and you’d make out much better.

I have a ton of old basketball cards from the mid 90s, not sure if any of them are worth anything. Are there any good groups to sell in or try to figure out pricing?

I have a ton of old basketball cards from the mid 90s, not sure if any of them are worth anything. Are there any good groups to sell in or try to figure out pricing?

Checkoutmycards.com will give you a good idea on the going rate for a single card. eBay prices are nuts. Guys throw stuff up there with ridiculous asks hoping someone will fall for it.

Just went to the local card shop and they haven't receive their Chronicles Football Box yet smh

Went to Walmart by there and barely anything in stock

SO just grabbed 2 NHL mega boxes series 1 and 2 just so I can grip & rip and make some stacks.

thumbnail1.jpg

thumbnail2.jpg

I know nothing about NHL cards but the photography on the cards are dope

Is it worth getting cards graded? I have 30-40 cards I used to want to get graded bad.

Seems like the value in all cards went down.

Who does the grading now? Still Beckett and that other place?

I miss how rare it was to get an autograph and a game used jersey or equipment, then they flooded the market.

value of cards is up.

whether or not it is worth getting graded i think really depends on condition, the card (e.g., rookie), and what you want to do with the card (sell/keep).

Still BGS and PSA are the top two, but has been a lot of controversy with PSA (and BGS?) lately.

Is it worth getting cards graded? I have 30-40 cards I used to want to get graded bad.

Seems like the value in all cards went down.

Who does the grading now? Still Beckett and that other place?

I miss how rare it was to get an autograph and a game used jersey or equipment, then they flooded the market.
PSA and SGC.
I'm now getting most of my cards slab by SGC eff PSA.
Your going to have to examine the cards you want to send in carefully. It's your opinion vs theirs.
I've had cards that should have been 10s were 9 and 9s that were 10s. Depends on the grader.

Why SGC with the price difference? Or a PC piece?
Not sure but SGC is slowly creeping up on PSA and beckett. Wasn't sure about SGC until I sent in a 30 card lot for my uncle and the SGC tuxedo slab looks fire. Some cards would look better in PSA Lightholder slabs but overall, the tux holder looks dope.

We snapped out a Gold Foil Bowman Manny Ramirez Rookie Card in a Beckett 9.5 the card where he is wearing the Jordan 7 bordeaux (not sure how it's even a 9.5 when there's gold chipping a soft corner. That was before we snapped the slab. That's Beckett for you). But it came back an 8 in SGC which I thought it would be. But man, card looked insane in the SGC holder.

I have been following a few cards and SGC 10s & SGC 10 Pristine Gold label have been selling as much if not more than PSA 10s.

For selling purposes, I'll probably slab with psa but personal collection I will go with SGC. Still waiting on my PSA order in Feb :smh:.. .My uncle's slabs came back in about 2 1/2 weeks

Question...is there any value or benefit in having a sealed card that came from the factory in a holder graded? For instance, is it worth having any of the Topps Project 2020 cards graded? I also have two other cards a 2007 topps chrome Tomlinson superfractor 1 of 1, and a 2007 topps Brady red refractor (only 141 printed) that came in enclosures. There is one of the Brady cards I have on eBay listed for $4k but I don’t think it will ever get that. Hopefully I’ll wrong. It isn’t graded either.
497B2E62-9BE5-487E-8B1A-93A0FE76BDDF.jpeg 2D135D69-C517-4D51-9EED-28A1C51810D9.jpeg

Last edited:
Question...is there any value or benefit in having a sealed card that came from the factory in a holder graded? For instance, is it worth having any of the Topps Project 2020 cards graded? I also have two other cards a 2007 topps chrome Tomlinson superfractor 1 of 1, and a 2007 topps Brady red refractor (only 141 printed) that came in enclosures. There is one of the Brady cards I have on eBay listed for $4k but I don’t think it will ever get that. Hopefully I’ll wrong. It isn’t graded either. EB175345-781A-47A1-883F-B42B3228A46C.jpeg D3E7713E-4162-4ED6-8131-7D21A508EB61.jpeg

Question...is there any value or benefit in having a sealed card that came from the factory in a holder graded? For instance, is it worth having any of the Topps Project 2020 cards graded? I also have two other cards a 2007 topps chrome Tomlinson superfractor 1 of 1, and a 2007 topps Brady red refractor (only 141 printed) that came in enclosures. There is one of the Brady cards I have on eBay listed for $4k but I don’t think it will ever get that. Hopefully I’ll wrong. It isn’t graded either. EB175345-781A-47A1-883F-B42B3228A46C.jpeg D3E7713E-4162-4ED6-8131-7D21A508EB61.jpeg
the brady and LT i think would benefit from grading (assuming high grade). I would NOT have the p2020 cards graded.

Back
Top Bottom