Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Dunno what happened but that Topps Project 2020 thing really got me hooked.
Most cards been selling 1-2k copies, that latest Baller/Trout sold 35k copies...crazy

Anyone else following those cards?

****s crazy! That Ben Baller Ichiro retailed for $20 and is already going for $900.

I'm officially back in the game - just copped the Ben Baller Doc Gooden lol. I remember the OG Doc card from my childhood so I had to.

I learned how to hustle from sports cards as a kid.

Sadly most of those cards from the 90s aren't worth **** because they severely OVER produced everything. Then then internet hit hard and exposed this, and you could get any card you wanted at that point, since you were able to access inventory all across the country. Supply crushed demand.

This new sports card wave is built on scarcity. Low print runs. Ive been low key looking into it and its crazy what's going on right now. A Mike Trout rookie went for $900k a few days ago.

Cop and flip gang, lesgetit

No basketball but found these at target today
3862EF34-E6AF-4DAC-B274-38EF7BC629FB.jpeg

Any mets fans in here? Pulled ****ing two of these turds out of 2019 archives. Will send to an nter for shipping.
4E037FF1-2A59-4B1B-9D8F-05CC2379B5A6.jpeg

Have all the 2020 Topps projects been pretty hard to get or increased?
They are easy to get if you buy them from topps during the sale window. They print on demand, so if 10000 cards are bought they print 10000, there’s never a set limit. So they don’t really sell out.

They are easy to get if you buy them from topps during the sale window. They print on demand, so if 10000 cards are bought they print 10000, there’s never a set limit. So they don’t really sell out.

i figured that but damn the prices some of them go for Is nuts

i figured that but damn the prices some of them go for Is nuts
I know. I have almost every card at retail and it’s been a really tough internal battle on whether to sell or not. I bought them to collect, never anticipated the value to shoot up like it has.

I know. I have almost every card at retail and it’s been a really tough internal battle on whether to sell or not. I bought them to collect, never anticipated the value to shoot up like it has.

thoughts on the gooden or new trout?
liked the previous trout more

thoughts on the gooden or new trout?
liked the previous trout more
I don’t really like either tbh. I don’t care for Ben ballers cards really. My favorites are Blake jameison, king saladeen, mister cartoon, Gregory siff, Matt Taylor and Tyson Beck so far.

The value is insane. I could sell cards 1-20 which cost me $350 and use the money to buy close to two brand new Rolex’s. It’s ****ing insane.

Where are people even buying these packs? I tried tracking down some Panini, but I just moved from Savannah from San Diego and Houston before that, so my choices have significantly dwindled to say the least. The one card/memorabilia shop I located just across the border in South Carolina is closed and all the big box places like Wal Mart, Target, and sporting goods stores had squat. Anyway, is more of an online thing or what?

Ran across the guy below and he seemed fairly interesting.

Last edited:
I’m seriously considering selling my 2020 cards and buying a two tone gold Rolex submariner and picketing a few grand on top. For a couple hundred dollar “investment” that’s not bad. I love the cards but this money is just too much. It’s gotta crash soon.

I’m seriously considering selling my 2020 cards and buying a two tone gold Rolex submariner and picketing a few grand on top. For a couple hundred dollar “investment” that’s not bad. I love the cards but this money is just too much. It’s gotta crash soon.

Which cards are you referring to? The Topps project cards look like they are going for close to face value on eBay.

Last edited:
Gonna need a bigger table.....

IMG_20200523_220925.jpg
IMG_20200523_221141.jpg

Where did you buy your cards? After I posted yesterday, I was able to find some football and baseball at Target and Walmart; however, I’ve yet to see any basketball.

Also, anyone know of any good sites or forums to get started again in this hobby?

How y’all be copping boxes @ retail?

Man.....I went to a "larger" shop yesterday, my God. A box of Hoops was 425 dollars. I was like :wow:

Saw another box of s brand I don't know for like 700+. :smh:

Lot of the stuff I buy is older, less expensive. Topps boxes for 75 or somethin like that.

But yeah, I walked out yesterday with a ton of stuff, but God damn at the same damn problems as when it all burst in the early 2000's.

Where did you buy your cards? After I posted yesterday, I was able to find some football and baseball at Target and Walmart; however, I’ve yet to see any basketball.

Also, anyone know of any good sites or forums to get started again in this hobby?

I buy pretty much anywhere. Local shops, Walmart, Target, Bi-Mart, Fred Meyer, eBay. Even had a friend grab some stuff from Goodwill once.

I haven't really used the internet to check anything, apparently this **** in my blood, I collect just for the enjoyment. (I've "quit" twice, selling my collection and here I am again a third time. :lol: )

If I still had everything I've ever had.......I'm fairly sure I'd have one of the larger collections in the world. The first time I sold my collection was massive. I've restarted twice since then. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom