Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

I’m new to this and had the same idea, but checked EBay and they are all going for close to retail.

Naah....check again. These are the bids on the regular cards...not the artists proofs.

F85CDBDF-FE92-40EB-8841-6B186071D048.jpeg FD8A4C57-DA7C-4121-B9CC-F3ED964F4654.jpeg B669D67E-7833-4CE9-9AE2-1A796F859799.jpeg

Wow, I guess my assessment was wrong. Didn’t realize guys were buying and selling the current cards in bulk. What makes some valuable? Pretty good scheme by Topps to pre-sell these. Will make the least desired initially the most valuable in the end due to scarcity.

Last edited:
Wow, I guess my assessment was wrong. Didn’t realize guys were buying and selling the current cards in bulk. What makes some valuable? Pretty good scheme by Topps to pre-sell these. Will make the least desired initially the most valuable in the end due to scarcity.
Agreed. Genius move by Topps. I think having some mainstream artists who people know combined with well known players has peaked a cross-section of interest. I’ll be honest...I didn’t know about it until Ben Baller posted his Thomas card on eBay. Normally would not have paid any attention to BB posts...but Frank Thomas is my favorite player. And here we are.

Its all based on scarcity. The most valuable are the lowest print runs. The Doc Gooden, for example, was like 20k printed (sold) the Ichiro sold only a little over 1k. Topps is only printing the # sold

Its all based on scarcity. The most valuable are the lowest print runs. The Doc Gooden, for example, was like 20k printed (sold) the Ichiro sold only a little over 1k. Topps is only printing the # sold
I posted like 10 days ago that I was going to suck it up and spend 310$ on the Beck gooden. Sold for 2900 last night. Insane.

I was lucky to see the saladeen Griffey when it first came out and started buying. I wanted to keep them all but there’s just too much money on the table so I’m unloading.

I posted like 10 days ago that I was going to suck it up and spend 310$ on the Beck gooden. Sold for 2900 last night. Insane.

I was lucky to see the saladeen Griffey when it first came out and started buying. I wanted to keep them all but there’s just too much money on the table so I’m unloading.

He'll yeah brotha, happy for you!

I've been wanting to get back into the game for a min now. I wished I would have copped those early ones but I missed out.. i bought the Gooden just because. I know the print runs are going way up.

Officially back in the game now though. Lol

Do you think any of the Topps 2020 going forward will command a premium?

I'm guessing the insane prices will remain for the early low print cards and everything else will go up a lil but not nearly as much. Bunch of people have caught on for sure.

He'll yeah brotha, happy for you!

I've been wanting to get back into the game for a min now. I wished I would have copped those early ones but I missed out.. i bought the Gooden just because. I know the print runs are going way up.

Officially back in the game now though. Lol

Do you think any of the Topps 2020 going forward will command a premium?

I'm guessing the insane prices will remain for the early low print cards and everything else will go up a lil but not nearly as much. Bunch of people have caught on for sure.
I honestly have no idea. I am cashing out around 25k for a little over 1000$ in purchases. If it goes higher thats awesome, but 25k was enough money for me to say idc what happens i want that cash. Ya know? :lol: Theyve gotta come down, but wtf do i know.

Edit: I should have been buying more but my dumbass was spending money on nick foles rookie cards :lol:

Recent print runs are over 25k and the cats out of the bag. Topps won’t limit any during the 2 day period so people can order what they want.

I’m not sure if any future 2020 projects will command that price increase.

I honestly have no idea. I am cashing out around 25k for a little over 1000$ in purchases. If it goes higher thats awesome, but 25k was enough money for me to say idc what happens i want that cash. Ya know? :lol: Theyve gotta come down, but wtf do i know.

Edit: I should have been buying more but my dumbass was spending money on nick foles rookie cards :lol:

Do me a favor, let me know which cards are good so I can buy them. Would also like to get a Rolex out of this.

Of the ones I want, I’ll just buy 2. And hold onto them for a month or so. Just to get my money back on the original one I wanted worst case

The newer cards after like 65 or so will probably drop in price when people get them in hand. That’s what I think, but no idea how low. They should all always hold the cost of 17-20$ though I think? Will be interested to see what another week of run numbers looks like.
Lower print runs should be fine but I don’t know if they will continue this exponential growth.

Something irks me with this 2020 project and BB.

Claims he’s not a reseller and that ain’t him but stories show his selling of his Ichiro cards. Now capitalizing off auto cards.

Cant knock the hustle but damn don’t gotta front about it.

I never collected cards for their monetary value, it was always about just having as many different ones as I could get. Royal Collectibles did an IG Live for some of their NBA cards and they had one of those Paninni boxes for $500. Nuts.

Something irks me with this 2020 project and BB.

Claims he’s not a reseller and that ain’t him but stories show his selling of his Ichiro cards. Now capitalizing off auto cards.

Cant knock the hustle but damn don’t gotta front about it.
They are all pumping the **** out of their cards and releasing side stuff not associated with the project and people are buying it up. This whole thing is gonna come crashing down soon. The early cards will hold value but anything from like last week or the week before won’t IMO I mean you have people all over blowout saying “buy 10 buy 20 who cares it will at least double!” When all those cards get in hand the supply will massively outweigh demand, and they aren’t the only people thinking they are printing money imo. Idk tho I could be wrong. All I know is the value was too high on my cards and I got the **** out with a dollar amount I am very happy with.

it really kinda sucks that it became this because I just wanted to put together a few sets. And like I said before the money was just too much to not sell. I will just collect the cards I like from 80-400 , at retail, and be happy with that

Last edited:
The newer cards after like 65 or so will probably drop in price when people get them in hand. That’s what I think, but no idea how low. They should all always hold the cost of 17-20$ though I think? Will be interested to see what another week of run numbers looks like.
Lower print runs should be fine but I don’t know if they will continue this exponential growth.
Yeah. No way these cards go below their face value. Besides, it's still pretty quiet from SNKR Twitter and Discord from what I've seen. They're still fighting over switches, bow flexes, and outdoor pools. I'm surprised StockX isn't trying to promote the hell out of the cards considering they do trading cards. The people in the know are mainly going after the APs rather than hoarding 10 cards of the timed edition. I originally only liked Matt Taylor's stuff but once I saw the price on everything else skyrocketing I'm picking up everything lol.

Yeah. No way these cards go below their face value. Besides, it's still pretty quiet from SNKR Twitter and Discord from what I've seen. They're still fighting over switches, bow flexes, and outdoor pools. I'm surprised StockX isn't trying to promote the hell out of the cards considering they do trading cards. The people in the know are mainly going after the APs rather than hoarding 10 cards of the timed edition. I originally only liked Matt Taylor's stuff but once I saw the price on everything else skyrocketing I'm picking up everything lol.

Who’s Discord and what are APs? Sorry, I’m old and washed.

I have a lot to learn about cards these days. Upper Deck and Beam Team were the business when I was collecting lol

Great card. Definitely the best KG rookie. The card screams 1995.

So weird that the 1995-96 Finest rookies didn't have refractor parallels. They had them in 1993-94, 94-95, then skipped 95-96 for some reason, then returned in 96-97 and ever since for as long as they made them.

Back
Top Bottom