Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Was just at Target and met three guys who claimed to be resellers clean out the entire stock of Contenders draft.

Who is paying over retail for Contenders draft? This hobby is absolutely out of control.

^thats a good question lol. I never thought I’d see the day where college uniform nfl products sell out.

just got these in.
Mosaic variation silver disco
20200626_133938.jpg

Regular mosaic silver
20200626_140435.jpg

^i ripped so many of those fotl select boxes. Probably close to 12, product was loaded.

pulled this kg of the same set. Was going to get it graded but the the top to bottom centering is off to me by a decent margin. Think it may cause it to get a 9.
18C14ACB-7AA0-4117-A482-E69165404A97.jpeg
sick

Was just at Target and met three guys who claimed to be resellers clean out the entire stock of Contenders draft.

Who is paying over retail for Contenders draft? This hobby is absolutely out of control.

I must be doing things wrong.
Left donruss basketball blasters/fat packs, bowman blasters/cellos, all ncaa football (Prizm, contenders), select (no mlb license) all on the shelf.

missed my restock cuz I was in Monterey fishing but went by my Walmart and it looks like a garbage restock other than 2 clearance packs of 2018 topps update where was copped.

But did see these 2 overweight mid age eff bois weighing the packs of the garbage football Score Packs with a scale. Hate these damn people that do this.

missed my restock cuz I was in Monterey fishing but went by my Walmart and it looks like a garbage restock other than 2 clearance packs of 2018 topps update where was copped.

But did see these 2 overweight mid age eff bois weighing the packs of the garbage football Score Packs with a scale. Hate these damn people that do this.

Those dudes are the worst.

you prolly didn’t miss much. Both Walmart’s I got there while stocking had very little of anything decent. Few mosaic cellos and a couple packs of 2017 panini football. Disappointing week.

They won’t be around for much longer doing that lol.

^^What hobby box is worth the purchase?
And how would I be able to further research what specific lines are more valuable then the next?

^^What hobby box is worth the purchase?
And how would I be able to further research what specific lines are more valuable then the next?

worth the purchase is all subjective.

You’ll be paying more then it’s worth regardless with this market. If you’re chasing a certain player you’re better off buying singles. If you’re looking to gamble on a box, it all depends on you’re price point you’re willing to spend.

Got my latest project 2020 delivery. Matt Taylor Frank Thomas. Topps quality control has gone out the window. Defect on the card, horrible centering, scratches on the crap cases they use now, and sticker slapped on crooked as hell.

Got my latest project 2020 delivery. Matt Taylor Frank Thomas. Topps quality control has gone out the window. Defect on the card, horrible centering, scratches on the crap cases they use now, and sticker slapped on crooked as hell.

sending back?

Spectra used to be an afterthought but add in larger patches, logos, and color blast combined with this frenzy and it’s on prizm level now.

Only NBA retail left is chronicles?

Out of these two, which would yall rather have:
Select Concourse PSA 10 Ja
Select Premier BGS 9.5 Ja + $40

I was leaning that way since Premier is a step up from Concourse and a 9.5 is still a solid grade. plus its $40 cheaper

Last edited:
whats the price difference?

if you really want a psa 10 slab, just go with it imo. bgs 9.5 is not an automatic PSA10.

worst case scenario psa gives you a 9, you basically just downgraded the value of your card.

whats the price difference?

if you really want a psa 10 slab, just go with it imo. bgs 9.5 is not an automatic PSA10.

worst case scenario psa gives you a 9, you basically just downgraded the value of your card.

the Select Premier BGS 9.5 is $40 cheaper than the Select Concourse PSA 10

I know with Select it goes Concourse, Premier and then Courtside

By retail do you mean they'll have stuff in targets like Mosaic?

I'm out the loop. Just back into it recently.

retail is pretty much the things you can find at retail stores (target, Walmart, etc) - cellos/blasters/megas

spectra is hobby only I believe and no retailers will be getting them.

if you want the 10, take the 10. BGS 9.5 is not as valuable as a PSA 10 and who knows if he gets a 10. After cracking/resubmitting you’re about even and who knows if it even comes back a 10.

Back
Top Bottom