Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

I’m a bgs guy. It’s more expensive but the value/reputation will always be there. I also like the look of their slabs the most.

sgc is hot now but who knows if it will sustain. I don’t want to send in valuable cards just for the grades be worthless 5 years from now.

The issue with me for psa is the same. I want my cards back before Christmas if I send them in now lol

maldonado maldonado talked to restock guy today and he said there is usually just one run of products for his stores. Like if that store already has NBA stuff, he won't get another case of it again. He will get some boxes here and there but never by the cases again. He showed me what was on his order sheet for next week and no nba stuff. Saw Topps series 2 was ordered for next week but already pre ordered hobby boxes already.
Since Monday, He has just been restocking these trash mlb topps big league products, fairfield repackaging boxes, and NFL Score :sick:. Score stuff has been still here like years past

I have heard rumors of a basketball optic restock this week or next at walmarts.
i found it at two different meijers last week so it has def. made a comeback.

I can see it. Walmart always get older stuff but not by the cases. At my Walmarts, There is always one boxed filled with older/past stuff

Edit: MJ Holding company is making dude that restocks take a picture of his restocks now so they can see that he actually restocks lol. He was pissed cause with me there he didn't need to open each box and stack them on the counter....He knew I would buy the whole thing and Just throw it in my cart lol....

Last edited:
mike awesome mike awesome yo I appreciate the update brother, thank you.

Anything else droppin this year yall are anticipating?

I have heard rumors of a basketball optic restock this week or next at walmarts.

I read on the blowout forums about an Optic restock coming too. Id be down ripping some of those at retail

^im excited for chronicles basketball. I think it may be the last basketball retail product of the year. It’s releasing next month, not sure the exact date.

also can’t wait until pro uniform football drops. Think prices are going to be a lot more expensive this year tho and harder to find because it’s a pretty good draft class

mike awesome mike awesome yo I appreciate the update brother, thank you.

Anything else droppin this year yall are anticipating?

I read on the blowout forums about an Optic restock coming too. Id be down ripping some of those at retail
There's a lot to list lol but with NFL products I don't like products that have their rookies still in their college uniforms. My memory is kinda cloudy. But I forgot which product is the first to have rookies in their current teams. That is when I start buying football cards for grading.

Yeah I'm waiting for the pro uni football stuff to drop. Doesnt Prizm drop product that has rookies in their pro uni? I know the college stuff been out.

Looks like chronicles is $600/box pre order. I dont know much about it, wonder if that price will increase like it seems most basketball stuff has this year?

Screenshot_20200624-161144_Chrome.jpg

Most if not all preorder prices have sold out for the initial preorder. Then resell gets higher and higher. Don’t recall the last basketball product that didn’t increase in value tbh.

Where do y’all usually buy from (blowout, DA, steelcity, etc)? Now that LCS is pretty much the same price as these other avenues, the convenience of online and deals at times win over.

Last edited:
I've yet to cop from anywhere since I just hopped back in the game like a month ago lol Ripped a few packs/blasters but that was it. Mostly just been coppin singles

Eventually the itch to take an L will consume me and I'll drop some money I'll regret later.

Now just gotta figure out how big of an L I want to take

I've yet to cop from anywhere since I just hopped back in the game like a month ago lol Ripped a few packs/blasters but that was it. Mostly just been coppin singles

Eventually the itch to take an L will consume me and I'll drop some money I'll regret later.

Now just gotta figure out how big of an L I want to take

blowout had some good deals to be had (compared to eBay and other sites - cheaper then breakers for certain things also) and an additional Father’s Day code this last weekend.

blowout had some good deals to be had (compared to eBay and other sites - cheaper then breakers for certain things also) and an additional Father’s Day code this last weekend.

Yeah I almost copped onto those Mosaic cello boxes for $300 pre-discount. Came to my senses though and grabbed some singles.

They got these:
Screenshot_20200624-200730_Chrome.jpg

Some of my favorites

Attachments

• F212B03A-1190-46DE-A9F5-6D1132B8EEDE.jpeg
    F212B03A-1190-46DE-A9F5-6D1132B8EEDE.jpeg
    571.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 453C93A0-0B2B-4639-8E99-24B9C35B2798.jpeg
    453C93A0-0B2B-4639-8E99-24B9C35B2798.jpeg
    589.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 5D4B5C20-9520-405A-97E2-073CAA5F2D44.jpeg
    5D4B5C20-9520-405A-97E2-073CAA5F2D44.jpeg
    431.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 1F15C3E8-A3CF-420A-B158-8D337DB77E73.jpeg
    1F15C3E8-A3CF-420A-B158-8D337DB77E73.jpeg
    503.5 KB · Views: 75
Mosaic at retail is like that chick that let the entire school hit but curved you..

every.

single.

time.

anyways, these PSA return times are laughable.. half a year at best? Found a card store in LA that says they can get stuff back on average in 25 days for regular, or express in 8 days. Might send in my top couple bangers and test the waters.

I still gotta send my first shipment in.. originally planned to go with PSA but I gotta dig more into BGS and SGC. Ive bought singles graded from all 3 companies. I dig the black SGC case and the sub grades from BGS are pretty dope. Just seems like PSA grades stuff tends to sell for the most.. i know there's some funny stuff going on with em or whatever..

I prob will send the my top few cards that I dont need back quickly to PSA and everything else to one of the other two.

Yall like BGS or SGC better?
I like BGS, a bit established but SGC is great for older cards. They’re much more thorough and is cheaper. For PC, BGS and SGC are good in my book, for flipping-PSA...for now.

Got my Zion and Tatum. Pretty happy with the results. Looks good with the gold label, hoping to flip for more Kobe’s in my collection.

AFAC2177-54EF-48C3-B287-84074FCFD9FB.jpeg

E241B548-313A-4A2B-83F4-7B725E11C828.jpeg

I like BGS, a bit established but SGC is great for older cards. They’re much more thorough and is cheaper. For PC, BGS and SGC are good in my book, for flipping-PSA...for now.

Got my Zion and Tatum. Pretty happy with the results. Looks good with the gold label, hoping to flip for more Kobe’s in my collection.

AFAC2177-54EF-48C3-B287-84074FCFD9FB.jpeg

E241B548-313A-4A2B-83F4-7B725E11C828.jpeg

word, thanks man.

Did you pull that Zion in a pack?! Either way that thing is super dope. Tatums clean too. Seem like you got that back lightening quick. how long did it take?

word, thanks man.

Did you pull that Zion in a pack?! Either way that thing is super dope. Tatums clean too. Seem like you got that back lightening quick. how long did it take?
thanks! I did a 2 day service level submission so in and out in just a week.

i purchased the zion raw and asked for more pictures to see its condition. thought it looked gem mint so i pulled the trigger, glad it converted.

In search of my next box started with a retail prizm (dud) then prizm fast break (awesome). Any recommendations of any other fun boxes to rip? Looking to spend around $350 but $550 would be my mad budget.

Back
Top Bottom