Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Mail day. Mostly just cheap deals I couldn't pass up.

Luka base is the gem

20200622_141523.jpg

Btw I had a package that had the card wrapped in bubble wrap.. no penny sleeve, nothing

Edit: Mosaic blaster was the worst one I've opened yet.

Last edited:
Here’s my mail day. Trying to chase some mahomes n Lamar optic autos.
All the patches except the Darnold are from this years score. Was bored and wanted to rip for the hell of it.
Got two Luka silver prizm coming in the next few days and a Psa 10 Luka prizm rc. Hyped for those.
33DBDF44-F4AA-4E97-94EE-DE47441B0F03.jpeg
38C6FC46-A061-4F16-BA21-4537DAF3EECF.jpeg

3B0BEE04-DE26-44DC-BA35-3862B57C56F8.jpeg
79B2790A-4DDA-414A-B41C-BAE3CB790236.jpeg
BA949219-1AD5-442E-8A6B-CE2668883403.jpeg

Nice wentz. I should probably pick up some of his rookies, but even as an eagles fan I don’t really like him. :lol:

br0keballer br0keballer That Luka (and Trae), plus that Ja (I just grabbed the silver version of that card for $20 shipped), and I dig that C Mac. I don't have any but am gonna grab a few before the season starts

You bust those football boxes yet?

maldonado maldonado yea the two boxes were a bust. The optic 2017, the Cmac was the only good card out of the box. The 2018, that Darnold patch and a few middle tier rookies. The hunt for mahomes and Jackson continues.

Yea the Watson and cmacs are dirt cheap.

br0keballer br0keballer word, yeah I'd be happy with pulling that Cmac lol

Its crazy how cheap he is. If you look at the top WRs and RBs currently, 98% seem undervalued. Ultimately it comes down to demand but I think football will catch some of this hobby heat here soon once the season starts.

I’m going to load up on Trae once the season is officially over. I think with Atl not being in the playoffs his prices are going to dip a little more.

Going to buy in to John Collin’s Optic Holo’s as well, and Cam Reddish. ATL has a good young core there and none of their prices are expensive.

WASHED KING WASHED KING thats smart.

Speaking of which, how yall think the 8 games/playoffs will shape up?

My Nuggets have the best squad they've had since I've been alive but obviously the Lakers and Clips are favored in the West. This layoff killed any momentum teams had so it'll be interesting. Cant wait to see how the Mavs and Grizzlies look

WASHED KING WASHED KING thats smart.

Speaking of which, how yall think the 8 games/playoffs will shape up?

My Nuggets have the best squad they've had since I've been alive but obviously the Lakers and Clips are favored in the West. This layoff killed any momentum teams had so it'll be interesting. Cant wait to see how the Mavs and Grizzlies look

We’ll see how it plays out lol. Low risk high reward I don’t mind those odds.

And as far as the NBA restart it’s going to be extremely interesting to say the least. It’s going to be clear who was spending time on the couch during the shutdown and who was still playing. I’m glad teams have time to knock some of the rust off.

Anyone have larger based pics of their collections? Like do you just have a few boxes with key cards you chase, or do you have storage units full of stuff, how do you guys handle your collection?

These days I have all mine boxed up in paper boxes (which is why I had all those cards I had forgotten about still packed away from years ago) I "hope" someday to be able to have an extra room in my house with shelves and what not to display my stuff a little better. (hate having them in paper boxes)

Also, just bought a box of 2015 Bowman Football. $100, 4 autos and 1 jersey, I can handle that. Boxes now for 3-4-500 dollars just too much imo. And I hate spending the same money to get 4 cards. Iono, just try to bargain shop I guess, but you'll never hit "the big one" doin that, I know.

I learned to stop chasing for that big hit, better off just buying the card you want. Like they say it’s basically gambling. But since I do gamble, I love the thrill of ripping up packs and breaking boxes.

but like you said, the prices on these boxes now are just insane.
All my cards are store in the cardboard card boxes. Like piles and piles of those boxes that hold thousands. All my good cards in top loaders and one touches are stored in a case I have.

I sold all my stuff lonnnng time ago and just got back into it super recently.

Only thing I still have from my childhood is a bunch of autos I got in person. Most early-mid 90s stuff.
Gotta bunch of lesser names but this is the best of what I got. Shaq (rookie year), Barkley, Stockton, Bo baseball, Pedro Martinez, Kemp, Rice/Young, Jason Kidd signed BECKETT lolll etc etc
20200623_133919.jpg

Problem with these is since I got em in person to really get my moneys worth I gotta get them all certed and I just haven't taken the time to do it.

Only thing I ever sent in to PSA was a Kanye signed tour shirt from College Dropout. Think I sold that for like $800

nice..sold that rookie topps manning in a psa 10 for a crazy amount locally last week. His cards were cheap and affordable but have been creepng up with the HOF around the corner. That rookie Moss was cheap in a psa 10 too. Love opening that set back then

98 Football was insane for me. I was DESPERATE to pull the Fleer Ultra Randy Moss, and I was jumping up and down like an idiot when I finally pulled it.

I have sold my collection TWICE, and still have that card. :lol: Looked at it just the other night. :pimp:

sold that rookie topps manning in a psa 10 for a crazy amount locally last week. His cards were cheap and affordable but have been creepng up with the HOF around the corner.

thats funny, I was looking at Manning rookies this morning with him being eligible for the HOF next year. Already pretty pricy, especially those PSA 10s

wth lol when did people start PSA'ing reprints?
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 2.44.50 PM.png

Last edited:
thats funny, I was looking at Manning rookies this morning with him being eligible for the HOF next year. Already pretty pricy, especially those PSA 10s

wth lol when did people start PSA'ing reprints?
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 2.44.50 PM.png
lol

but yea his flagship rookies are increasing my the week. Used to buy lots of his card for 3-5 bucks a card for grading. I still have stacks of psa 10s and 9s of his and just waiting to unload them a month before his hof speech. His rookie autos could have been had under a hunned for the longest time and look at those prices now :lol: :pimp:.....his raw cards are still doable but once his raw cards are out of my reach, I move on. Brees stuff is getting up there too

Last edited:
I had the whole 98 Topps football set and still have most of it. The Moss is my favorite. Love the story about them having to photoshop the picture (he never wore 88 for the Vikings). My avatar is actually the photo from the back of the card. I have a few hundred Moss cards and most of his base rookies. Gotta be my all-time favorite athlete.

lol

but yea his flagship rookies are increasing my the week. Used to buy lots of his card for 3-5 bucks a card for grading. I still have stacks of psa 10s and 9s of his and just waiting to unload them a month before his hof speech.

Stacks?!
Can I get an NT discount on one? Lol

**** I'd take a PSA 9

Man, I know PSA is all the rage nowadays but frankly, I'm enjoying the steep discounts on SGC and BGS slabs lol. Also not finding a discernable difference in Mint 9 and Gem Mint copies, heck for collection those Near Mint are great value for serious collectors.

I still gotta send my first shipment in.. originally planned to go with PSA but I gotta dig more into BGS and SGC. Ive bought singles graded from all 3 companies. I dig the black SGC case and the sub grades from BGS are pretty dope. Just seems like PSA grades stuff tends to sell for the most.. i know there's some funny stuff going on with em or whatever..

I prob will send the my top few cards that I dont need back quickly to PSA and everything else to one of the other two.

Yall like BGS or SGC better?

Back
Top Bottom