Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

$500,000

Screenshot_20200710-080252.png

Hit 4 more Optic mega Boxes at Walmart just now...what’s interesting is the vendor gave them to me straight out the box. She didn’t even have to take a picture of them according to her because it was a “baseball week”.

Makes me wonder if someone has been beating me to the punch at one of my other Walmart’s where I haven’t seen any Optic from the restock.

Hit 4 more Optic mega Boxes at Walmart just now...what’s interesting is the vendor gave them to me straight out the box. She didn’t even have to take a picture of them according to her because it was a “baseball week”.

Makes me wonder if someone has been beating me to the punch at one of my other Walmart’s where I haven’t seen any Optic from the restock.

Interesting. I didnt find any Optic but Target had a Bowman restock. Caught the rep stocking the shelf and she was adamant about the 3 box limit lol I tried to slide back thru and grab more and she was hatin. Gonna hit Walmart then circle back. F that, I never find ****. "Today, I got the time!"

Before she started hatin she did tell me no more b ball for Target until new product drops

Edit: went back and now all of the remaining Bowman is behind the desk at customer service lmao

Last edited:
I don't have an eye for corners, center, etc at all. I'm about to cop this Keston Hiura Rookie auto, but wondering if I should send it in for grading after:

Keston Card.jpg

Bottom right corner looking vulnerable but I'm not sure with the glare.

DsLee DsLee Centering looks good. Corners look fairly solid but its always tough with cards inside cases. Would also like to see the back, but as-is, if the price is right I would probably roll the dice.

I dont really know much about baseball but I would say, just looking at this one pic, I dont see anything that would rule it out yet for grading. Gonna need a deeper inspection of the front and back to say 100% though.

Ive bought a ton of raw cards in the past month. Obviously getting good pics of the front and back is best but Ive found some gems even with poor pictures. Its all a gamble though. For me it all comes down to price.

maldonado maldonado here's the back:

Keston card back.jpg

I appreciate the input, sir. At the end of the day, Keston Hiura is one of the few young bucks in the MLB I've really taken a liking to. I just feel he's going to be special, so it's a card I was thinking of sending in to see what it would grade as to save for my son.

Wal Mart cashier texted papi this mornin’ and saved me all 4 boxes of Optic the restock lady came with. She wouldn’t even take a tip. Bless that girl. It was the same Wally World where dude was supposed to let me know when he saw basketball and had cleaned the shelves in his cart. She told me he was there today like. Karma is a *****.

200.gif

Last edited:
Supposedly that Zion was hit and sold for 650k.

Big price but I can see why, supposedly kept hush to keep the chase alive. Once it’s hit, I don’t see NT being sold that high.

Which you can say about a lot of Panini rumors (front loading, keeping things til the end, etc).

Interesting. I didnt find any Optic but Target had a Bowman restock. Caught the rep stocking the shelf and she was adamant about the 3 box limit lol I tried to slide back thru and grab more and she was hatin. Gonna hit Walmart then circle back. F that, I never find ****. "Today, I got the time!"

Before she started hatin she did tell me no more b ball for Target until new product drops

Edit: went back and now all of the remaining Bowman is behind the desk at customer service lmao

Yeah Target is strict with their box limits. Walmart literally couldn’t care less. The lady seemed happy to hand me then. Less work for her to put on the shelf

She told me her schedule and what stores she hits too. I’m not a weirdo enough to follow her though. As long as I hit at the ones I usually do I’m cool.

Chronicles is late this month, with this rookie class and the fact that it’s including Prizm this year is going to tough to get. I’m hoping to grab at least 2k worth of retail

Update: My Walmart that didn’t restock last week finally put out some Optic. Today’s total is 8 so far. One more stop.

Last edited:
maldonado maldonado here's the back:

Keston card back.jpg

I appreciate the input, sir. At the end of the day, Keston Hiura is one of the few young bucks in the MLB I've really taken a liking to. I just feel he's going to be special, so it's a card I was thinking of sending in to see what it would grade as to save for my son.

I feel you on that brother.

The back of the card has solid centering too. The corners look as good as you would want them to look from pictures. Bottom back right corner, at the very tip looks white but a lot of times its just that plastic penny sleeve pressed against the glossy finish of the card. Ultimately you will have to take it out of the penny sleeve to give it a good examination to see if theres actually an issue or not.

Everybody is different but for me, based on those pics, if the price worked I'd scoop it up. Then after looking at it out of the sleeve I would make the determination if Id send it in for grading

Yeah Target is strict with their box limits. Walmart literally couldn’t care less. The lady seemed happy to hand me then. Less work for her to put on the shelf

She told me her schedule and what stores she hits too. I’m not a weirdo enough to follow her though. As long as I hit at the ones I usually do I’m cool.

Chronicles is late this month, with this rookie class and the fact that it’s including Prizm this year is going to tough to get. I’m hoping to grab at least 2k worth of retail

Update: My Walmart that didn’t restock last week finally put out some Optic. Today’s total is 8 so far. One more stop.

WIO

Nice Marble hit.

Got a Ja RPA /49 from Spectra and sent to PSA 8 day cause I was hyped, idk if that was a good thing cause these thicker cards are usually a bit tougher to grade.

Price on Spectra is nuts right now though.

Nice, I sent 15 cards to PSA 3 days ago. My first sub, hoping I don't get too humbled. Lol

70% Luka

So I have a few peyton manning rc. Should I flip next year when he enters the HOF or hold?

I'm thinking his value will decrease over the next 5 - 7 years once brees and Brady retires with all the records and enters the HOF.

You should sell em to me lol

If I had em I'd hold em personally. How long, just depends. Hard to say how big the hobby will grow. You might be spot on with that range or maybe the value maintains and continues to go up. I'd prob hold til at least the HOF next year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom