Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

10s on those damn mosaic base/silvers are tough.

Thoughts on SGA? Need to stick to my guns and just dump when I said at would (double profit). Have some PSA silvers I picked up months ago and prices rocketed it for him.

I think Mosaic singles (graded or not) are a solid value right now. Prizm is king and the prices reflect that, so I was scoopin Ja Mosaic rookies raw for $20 all day the past month. It was a buyers market after all of that retail that was ripped. Now that its dried up Im seeing prices starting to increase.

As far as SGA I think his prices have skyrocketed to the point that it might be a good chance to sell. I dont have anthing of value of his, just some lower end rookies so Im holding for now.

Nice grades chief. Huge fan of that Ja Mosaic, his best non parallel/insert RC to date.

Thanks g. I love the Mosaic Ja too man. Swooped a ton of em for the low.

Mosaic was a retail hit and because of the popularity, I think eventually when the dust settles it'll reflect that in prices for Zion, Ja, etc.

yo this is funny AF lol
Cam Reddish auto.jpeg

New to the hobby and am trying to learn the ropes. There are so many similarities between the cultures of sneakers and cards, so it's cool to see brands like Topps do projects like 2020 and create with artist. Who's everyone following on IG for quality info? @Sportscardmarkettrends has been my go to for under-the-radar scopes and upcoming hits

Sold about half of my raw SGA and JJJ. I was buying both of their cards up in Feb for less than $15 all day. Taking that cash and I’m going to move it into some graded cards.

5E671832-4939-4AC8-A259-21F929F17F1C.png

Last edited:
Yo and just a heads up, @sportscardmarkettrends does breaks on Sundays. At the end, he always gives away free cards. His live just wrapped up and he had a dope Ja Morant he gave out for free. Definitely not the only dude doing this but still dope to participate in and learn from for anyone new like myself.

I like all those sources listed above too..only other thing I would add is you’re going to need to spend some time doing research, on eBay, checking sold listings, pop reports, and checking trends of what people are buying frequently.

If you’re looking to buy, collect, sell, etc it’s easy to get caught up on the new hottest card being pushed by influencers. Don’t get caught holding the bag.

Ex) Project 2020

I like all those sources listed above too..only other thing I would add is you’re going to need to spend some time doing research, on eBay, checking sold listings, pop reports, and checking trends of what people are buying frequently.

If you’re looking to buy, collect, sell, etc it’s easy to get caught up on the new hottest card being pushed by influencers. Don’t get caught holding the bag.

Ex) Project 2020
Who was pumping p2020? I was in it from the beginning and saw the insane pumping on bcf, but was there other people out there, besides the artists?

Who was pumping p2020? I was in it from the beginning and saw the insane pumping on bcf, but was there other people out there, besides the artists?

Not really pumping I mean someone jumping on the train now because they see the first cards in the set going for hundreds expecting every one to do numbers.

You got in early, if you bought those first few Topps released directly from Topps or at a low markup you’re doing fine. But people who heard about the trend and jumped on in late May-June some of them got burned.

Not really pumping I mean someone jumping on the train now because they see the first cards in the set going for hundreds expecting every one to do numbers.

You got in early, if you bought those first few Topps released directly from Topps or at a low markup you’re doing fine. But people who heard about the trend and jumped on in late May-June some of them got burned.
I sold most of mine at peak. Made a killing. Cut down the number of sets I was collecting and have been slowly rebuying (for pennies on the dollar) Other random cards I sold. :lol:

I sold most of mine at peak. Made a killing. Cut down the number of sets I was collecting and have been slowly rebuying (for pennies on the dollar) Other random cards I sold. :lol:

As you should’ve lmao. I don’t buy cards I’m late too or sports I know nothing about. I purchased 1 project 2020 card and it was the Don C Griffey 116 if I remember correctly. That’s only because it’s Don C and Griffey I want it for my desk at work.

I feel the same way about basketball cards right now. Everyone is amped and pumped for the playoffs and prices are inflated. There is no reason I’m selling Tyler Herro prisms I was picking up for $5 in March for $30. When he hasn’t played another single game.

Maaaan. Looking through here. Y’all gonna make me wanna get back into collecting. And I can’t afford that y’all haha

found these in my box of stuff. Kobe is #9/10 Shaq and griffey have always been my PC
29474123-C56A-4CED-8314-4222E5FA2727.jpeg
1986240B-E57F-4D88-97BE-8B4E0B8B6191.jpeg

I feel the same way about basketball cards right now. Everyone is amped and pumped for the playoffs and prices are inflated.

****s crazy. I copped a Ja Morant Mosaic PSA 10 a little over a week ago for $160. They jumped to $300 the past few days and the last one ended yesterday at $355. In a week.

I know Mosaic are notorious for print lines and dimples making 10's a bit rarer than other products, so theres that.

Edit: new scoops. Ja Courtside, Drew Lock Field Level Silver
20200713_131310.jpg

Last edited:
****s crazy. I copped a Ja Morant Mosaic PSA 10 a little over a week ago for $160. They jumped to $300 the past few days and the last one ended yesterday at $355. In a week.

I know Mosaic are notorious for print lines and dimples making 10's a bit rarer than other products, so theres that.

Edit: new scoops. Ja Courtside, Drew Lock Field Level Silver
20200713_131310.jpg

I really like Ja’s jersey on the Mosaic’s. The throwback Vancouver uni is clean.

What's a good card line to start collecting in? Definitely want to do baseball, basketball, and football.

Fozz Fozz - For basketball Prizm is the most popular. Then there is Select, Spectra, Mosaic, Optic and Donruss (plus a bunch of other stuff in between). Pack/box wise everything is super expensive right now with Zion mania. Ive been mostly just buying single cards.

Football has Prizm, Select, Optic, Donruss, etc. Mosaic isnt out yet but will be soon. Plus a bunch more. Essentially the same products as b ball

Generally speaking, I would start with Prizm, Optic or Mosaic. If those seem too expensive you can look at Donruss.

I dont really collect baseball but Topps and Bowman are king.

Folks can chime in and correct me if Im wrong.. Ive only been back in the game a month or so lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom