Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Wow sorry to hear that

I do have a theory abt these breaks, i think irs all fugazi

Theres no way im not hitting NOTHING. When i rip but you guys pulling 1 of 1’s out of their ***

Yeah they did a dual case of it the night before and pulled 2 nice trouts and an Ohtani. Oh well it is what it is. Reminds me of why I never buy into breaks anymore

Reactions: g14
Met Kevin Mitchell today. He’s the nicest baseball player I’ve met. Super nice guy. Talked with my dad about firefighters. Still rocks a gold tooth. And an awesome sig.

EF4B3DF4-2959-4302-BEEE-D04BA9551ADE.jpeg

The other stuff I got signed by Ozzie Smith, Pedro Martinez and a ball from Kevin Mitchell too.

A8125501-CB5E-418F-B88A-A4F6FA9039F5.jpeg

8B517BF3-D9F9-4777-8A4C-D79BEEB8DC27.jpeg 201A7439-47C9-4217-8629-1317F2F86A81.jpeg

I dug through my old cards (sports, Pokemon, MtG, comic book) over the spring and found some potential gems. Was able to drop them off personally to PSA at a local con. Got them back last week, the valuable cards ended up grading out as 6 :smh: I guess keeping holofoil cards in UltraPro pages for 20 years isn't very protective lol.

I have a rookie Rickey Henderson that was sent back as NG "evidence of trimming". Anyone have any experience with this? I'm gonna try and resubmit.

What old pokes did you send out?

As for the NG yeah I’d resubmit but I’d reach out to their customer service and see if you can get a discounted rate .. tell ‘em you’re the only owner there’s no way it was trimmed :smh:

What old pokes did you send out?

As for the NG yeah I’d resubmit but I’d reach out to their customer service and see if you can get a discounted rate .. tell ‘em you’re the only owner there’s no way it was trimmed :smh:

I contacted their customer service about the NG, gave me some customer service spiel about "multiple graders for quality control" blah, nah I'm not buying that.

IMG_x0401.jpg

I'm most mad about the 1st Edition Dark Charizard, that would've been some money.

I contacted their customer service about the NG, gave me some customer service spiel about "multiple graders for quality control" blah, nah I'm not buying that.

IMG_x0401.jpg

I'm most mad about the 1st Edition Dark Charizard, that would've been some money.
OOOF that 6 Base Set Zard :pimp:

Dark Charizard is dope af too.

How much u dropped
Two fiddy
Plus tax and ship

Honestly this card shoulda been about $300-$325 raw in this condition.. judging by someone of the cards I’m seeing posted for two fiddy on eBay and offerup and even TCG Player.

since this the sports cards thread, these are the two sports cards I subbed

IMG_04q03.jpg

My pops told me he won the Rickey rookie in a raffle at a convention way back when. It was still in a sleeve when I found it. No damb way it was trimmed smh.

The centering looks way off to the left but not trimmed. Have you held it up to another sports card and checked if it measured the same?

The centering looks way off to the left but not trimmed. Have you held it up to another sports card and checked if it measured the same?

The centering I can see now that you mention it.

I have not compared it, I just tried to examine the edges and corners for any indentations or bumps. I know my eyeballs aren’t as good as the experts and their fancy magnifying glasses lol.

edit:
Didn't think to look for dimensions. Just measured with ruler, looks slightly shorter than 3.5 inches :smh: :frown:

I'll still send it in to be slabbed and hope for a grade. I eyeballed with a ruler through the sleeve and the card saver, maybe I'm off :emoji_pray:

Last edited:
since this the sports cards thread, these are the two sports cards I subbed

IMG_04q03.jpg

My pops told me he won the Rickey rookie in a raffle at a convention way back when. It was still in a sleeve when I found it. No damb way it was trimmed smh.
I don’t really follow baseball but were there uncut sheets of this set circulating the market?

With basketball, there’s plenty of those still being auctioned today (topps finest refractors, credentials,jambalaya etc)

It’s also a possibility PSA simply incorrectly graded the card. they have tons of new graders on the floor.

I don’t really follow baseball but were there uncut sheets of this set circulating the market?

With basketball, there’s plenty of those still being auctioned today (topps finest refractors, credentials,jambalaya etc)

It’s also a possibility PSA simply incorrectly graded the card. they have tons of new graders on the floor.

no clue about uncut sheets from back in the day.

yeah true, gotta hope I get some who let it pass through.

IMG_x0401.jpg

What did you do to prep the cards for grading? Did you clean the surface? Base of the pictures the centering and corners look nice. It should have graded no lower than PSA 8.

What did you do to prep the cards for grading? Did you clean the surface? Base of the pictures the centering and corners look nice. It should have graded no lower than PSA 8.

didn't do anything, scared to alter them/mess them up lol. just carefully moved it from the ultrapro sheet they were in to a card saver.

You can prep cards for grading? Like, wipe it down with a soft cloth?

didn't do anything, scared to alter it/mess it up lol. just carefully moved it from the single case it was in to a card saver.

You can prep cards for grading? Like, wipe it down with a soft cloth?
There are youtube videos on how to prep the card for grading. I use a lens cleaner cloth to wipe the surface. If you didn't you can crack it with some pliers and wipe the surface and resubmit it. It super easy to crack it open but if apprehensive in cracking it open, I recommend practicing on a card you don't care about.

There are youtube videos on how to prep the card for grading. I use a lens cleaner cloth to wipe the surface. If you didn't you can crack it with some pliers and wipe the surface and resubmit it. It super easy to crack it open but if apprehensive in cracking it open, I recommend practicing on a card you don't care about.

ah gotcha, thanks for the tip. I'll try that out with the Charizards.

Back
Top Bottom