Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

What’s up all! Sorry to post in here as I am not a card collector (was when I was young, I’m almost 40 now). I literally don’t know much about sports cards now a days. But, my dad gave my son a ton of my old 90’s basketball cards and football cards. Are any of these worth keeping around or are they not worth too much. I know you have to get em graded and what not. Just wondering if my son should be more careful starting to collect with all these old cards. Since there is a ton, I only took a pic a few of what I thought might be worth it (there’s tons more, and more players… shaq, magic Johnson, other 90’s stars)

They are certainly nice cards from the era, but from a value standpoint, there's not much there. Sentimental more than anything. If your son enjoys them, by all means keep and enjoy because that's what matters, but paying money to have them graded won't net you too much.

Shaq rookies from back in the day could get ya a few bucks.
Luka rookies today could get ya a few thousand.......after you spend thousands hunting. :lol: Obviously dependent on the rarity and condition etc, but it's an expensive expensive hobby. Make sure your son understands that.

They are certainly nice cards from the era, but from a value standpoint, there's not much there. Sentimental more than anything. If your son enjoys them, by all means keep and enjoy because that's what matters, but paying money to have them graded won't net you too much.

Shaq rookies from back in the day could get ya a few bucks.
Luka rookies today could get ya a few thousand.......after you spend thousands hunting. :lol: Obviously dependent on the rarity and condition etc, but it's an expensive expensive hobby. Make sure your son understands that.
Isnt it crazy tho? A shaq rookie, retired legend with the resume to prove his legacy goes for less than a guy thats only 5 years in?

I have a bunch of random unopened boxes from 2020-2021. Things like NFL Prizm Draft picks, Kaboom blaster boxes, etc. I dont think these are really worth much anymore (when unopened retail (non-hobby) blasters were going for double+ retail) - but is there anywhere to sell these besides FB marketplace? Dont really want to sell a couple boxes at a time, would prefer to dump the lot at once so I dont have to move it all around.

It’s all about demand. As great as Shaq was the demographic that is actively looking to purchase his cards currently vs folks that want Luka/any of the young guys are opposite ends of the spectrum. Then you tie in the variable of supply (back then and now) and you get the current market.

Sports cards have always been driven by speculation on the younger players. Vintage can still command a nice price but not all vintage is equal. Jordan rookie is still a big card. The problem with the 90s stuff is it was printed to the moon. There’s way more supply than demand

Still dope stuff from all the eras though

I have a bunch of random unopened boxes from 2020-2021. Things like NFL Prizm Draft picks, Kaboom blaster boxes, etc. I dont think these are really worth much anymore (when unopened retail (non-hobby) blasters were going for double+ retail) - but is there anywhere to sell these besides FB marketplace? Dont really want to sell a couple boxes at a time, would prefer to dump the lot at once so I dont have to move it all around.

What u got :nerd:

I got alot of unopened stuff 2

You might have some good stuff. Those years are Burrow, Herbert, Tua, Lawrence, Fields, etc.

Isnt it crazy tho? A shaq rookie, retired legend with the resume to prove his legacy goes for less than a guy thats only 5 years in?

Printed way too much. No numbered really, no inserts, etc. I like the old stuff, that's why I still collect Jordans. But like someone else said, about demand too.

My target was full
Yesterday. I hate Prizm retail this year so I passed. Also didn’t want to Bronny James hunt either.

Good sign for future product releases.

Attachments

• 381FA624-B3A6-4413-BE5B-EF5432AE6537.jpeg
    381FA624-B3A6-4413-BE5B-EF5432AE6537.jpeg
    703.8 KB · Views: 108
stadium club chrome would be the only thing i would get & should be the first to be gone lol

Spent my Saturday sorting/organizing with the 4 NBA games goin on. Very relaxing.........and exhausting. :lol:

Somewhere in this thread I mentioned rebuilding my collection and what I had lost when I sold it all years ago, I'm not quite there yet, but I'm definitely getting close. :frown:

PXL_20230416_031310296.jpg

Found these literally stashed away in commons boxes. :lol: I found a bunch more but forgot to get them pic'd. Found like 3-4 Justin Jefferson rookies I didn't even know I had. Alvarez #'d to 125 I think, maybe 150.

Prizm and Mosaic pics are just recent pulls the last couple weeks.

PXL_20230415_235502274.MP.jpg
PXL_20230415_220227899.jpg
PXL_20230415_214612892.MP.jpg
PXL_20230415_203107802.MP.jpg
PXL_20230415_200032776.MP.jpg

How does one go about finding what this card is called? I see the Orange /50’s but not whatever that is /5’s. Thanks NT

8B023FF8-89AB-4792-BE22-900C22324D1E.jpeg

6EDD6C33-A111-45B7-838E-722D9377E16C.jpeg

Oh and other random stuff I got lately

30D60B81-92A8-4AAA-ADFC-341E5BC45E09.jpeg

0E606CDD-15DC-4703-90C5-2C26511C2C58.jpeg

2F84606B-7453-418B-838C-A5BC799B9216.jpeg

EF45A3CC-3C8B-4358-A16D-CC7DB9BA15EC.jpeg

090A7922-5DB2-483E-83AA-202B1F7790EA.jpeg

A9F2CF4C-0418-4D3F-82C4-697259E35C8E.jpeg

73C96D8A-13FA-4B54-A6FB-304D0D9AC2A8.jpeg
EAEA7CCF-D953-480A-9F9C-C342EF097ECF.jpeg

The game is going to be on shelves for a while I imagine. Same with the boosters. I can't find the boosters near me, but the rate things are going, these are going to be on shelves sitting for a few months, IMO.

I'd still like to rip a few boosters.

The game is going to be on shelves for a while I imagine. Same with the boosters. I can't find the boosters near me, but the rate things are going, these are going to be on shelves sitting for a few months, IMO.

I'd still like to rip a few boosters.

They are sold out online

They are sold out online
Chances are, it’s going to get restocked. And it's not a target exclusive from what I've read. They got it early, I believe. It should pop up other places like Walmart, Amazon, etc.

Just my gut feeling from what I've read. I totally could be wrong and it could be really hard to get.

Last edited:
Chances are, it’s going to get restocked. And it's not a target exclusive from what I've read. They got it early, I believe. It should pop up other places like Walmart, Amazon, etc.

Just my gut feeling from what I've read. I totally could be wrong and it could be really hard to get.

Well from rippers on youtube, its a good product and they are enjoying it

Alot of parallels so more chances to pull

It could be the next ‘logofractor’ but those were exclusive to topps website and mlb store in nyc

Back
Top Bottom