Anyone do/used to do Martial Arts?

I just joined the YMCA about a month ago around the way...and as i was heading to the basketball courts i saw a Tae-Kwon Do class...when i was younger i usedto do Tae-Kwon Do and i used to love going to class...it just brought back memories and how much fun i used to have. Sparring was
pimp.gif

anyone used to do any kind of martial arts? I wish i had the time to still do it but i look at it as a thing that younger kids do....the class was full ofyounger dudes.

Word I want to get into this..I want the grimiest fobest sufi I can find to teach me how to kill.

Do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or Muay Thai. Those are mostly considered "Adult Martial Arts" because the stuff they teach is practical for use in thestreets. I think I might start soon myself.

Muay Tai is the way to go. I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do but it's been a few years. I wish I had the time for Muay Tai classes.

Originally Posted by The Jersey Shirt

I know a little puerto rican Judo

laugh.gif
[Cam]Oh, you don't know what that is...[/Cam]

I used to do Tae Kwon Do...did all the tournaments and everything...

i used to do kung fu and judo when i was a teen but later i decided to do afrocentric martial art styles so i do capoeira angola and regional, trip and flip,and self styled maculele. and i practice straight razer capoeira.

Yes.

Wing Chun Kung Fu. Practical combat oriented style of Kung Fu and what Bruce Lee was classically trained in.

I Box more than anything though.

Muay Thai is a very good striking art. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is also very good. But for grappling. Judo is actually really good. Judo flips are insane.

The most street practical Martial Art is Krav Maga. It is taught to Israeli Special Forces. It is no %+*+%%! joke.

Tae Kwon Do is not really that practical, but is a great way to get flexible and learn how to kick.

*raises hand*

back when i was growing up me and my bro used to do karate..parents used it to get us active and 'off the streets'

did it for a long time too, stopped as soon as i got into high school and transitioned into Judo until I graduated.

Wish i continued, after my surgery it was hard to do anything physical for a while.

i did MMA from '89 to '95. it was a mixture of kung-fu, eskrima, kickboxing, and grappling. my whole class, including my sifu, was tripping when UFCstarted to air and a little grappler named gracie emerged. i knew exactly what he was doing and it was a trip to see that stuff actually working.

I did when I was younger. would love to go back and get my black belt. Any one if any places in NY thats mostly adults?

I took Kung Fu from 12-17 about 5 years it was fun but I just didnt have time when I started college.

I was in American Karate for about 18 weeks, but I moved to another city. I want to get back into it.

i did like 7 classes of tae kwon do...but i moved to bancobor so i stopped....i was still at white belt lol

wouldve been cool if i continued....

I studied Shuri-ryu when I was younger for about 3 and half years.. I was two belts away from my black belt when I quit..

I did Tae Kwon Do for some years when I was younger... won alot of trophies in tournaments etc. I stopped because we moved to VA but I am a 1st degree Sr.Black Belt
smile.gif

Originally Posted by earth0ne

muay thai > bruce lee x 1000
Genius, Muay Thai is a Martial Art. Bruce Lee is not. Bruce Lee is probably still one of the greatest fighters the world has ever known, so I have noidea what the ++%% you are trying to say.

Do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or Muay Thai. Those are mostly considered "Adult Martial Arts" because the stuff they teach is practical for use in the streets. I think I might start soon myself.
Most definitely. I took Karate as a kid but most of the things they taught me wasn't useful in a real fight. However I did enjoy the morallessons that I was taught in Karate. I'm currently practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at the Renzo Gracie Academy in Manhattan for my second year and I loveit. I'm also learning Muay Thai and I have a mean left head kick.
pimp.gif

HaHa, When I Was Younger I Took KaRaTae, And All I Can Remember Is Leaping Over Stuff And When The Instructor Would Jump He'd Go "HACHO"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom