Anyone ever been to a NASCAR race?

I went to the race in Phoenix two years ago. They give everyone on the Indian reservation free tickets. My roomate worked with this Indian guy and he gave us his tickets. I had a great time. You need to pick a driver before you go. Go to Wal Mart or wherever and get geared up in your drivers gear. Buy Wranglers/Rustlers, Shirt, Jacket, Can coozy and whatever else they have for your driver. Also, you need to drink a lot. I would not have had nearly as much fun as I had if I was sober or even buzzed. You have to get wasted. I watched the beginning of the race and the whole start your engine thing. We left and walked around and partied with people at their RVs and with the people camping out. Came back and wacthed the end of the race.

I would pick a seat higher up where you can see most of the track. You might need some ear plugs to, it is loud.

^^ this dude knows whats up
laugh.gif

it's so damn fun

I went to the race in Phoenix two years ago. They give everyone on the Indian reservation free tickets. My roomate worked with this Indian guy and he gave us his tickets. I had a great time. You need to pick a driver before you go. Go to Wal Mart or wherever and get geared up in your drivers gear. Buy Wranglers/Rustlers, Shirt, Jacket, Can coozy and whatever else they have for your driver. Also, you need to drink a lot. I would not have had nearly as much fun as I had if I was sober or even buzzed. You have to get wasted. I watched the beginning of the race and the whole start your engine thing. We left and walked around and partied with people at their RVs and with the people camping out. Came back and wacthed the end of the race.

I would pick a seat higher up where you can see most of the track. You might need some ear plugs to, it is loud.

When i was younger, my dad and I would always go to the race at Infineon/Sonoma

Other than the awkwardness of being the only asian ppl there, it's awesome. Great environment, it's not like your ordinary sporting event.

Best place to sit? Well near the finish line is where all the action's at.

Bring earplugs because it's loud. Stay hydrated. Avoid sunburns.

Some people bring a radio to hear what's really going on during the race. Compared to a TV broadcast, you don't hear much of what's going on besides what's going on in front of you. So that's up to you. I never done it. There's probably an announcer at the race track, but you probably won't hear much of it anyway

Arrive early for all the pre race stuff, and grab souvenirs, food, etc.

Bring a camera....lots of photo opportunities

When i was younger, my dad and I would always go to the race at Infineon/Sonoma

Other than the awkwardness of being the only asian ppl there, it's awesome. Great environment, it's not like your ordinary sporting event.

Best place to sit? Well near the finish line is where all the action's at.

Bring earplugs because it's loud. Stay hydrated. Avoid sunburns.

Some people bring a radio to hear what's really going on during the race. Compared to a TV broadcast, you don't hear much of what's going on besides what's going on in front of you. So that's up to you. I never done it. There's probably an announcer at the race track, but you probably won't hear much of it anyway

Arrive early for all the pre race stuff, and grab souvenirs, food, etc.

Bring a camera....lots of photo opportunities

Great for people watching. I took this last year.
f5ae7o.png

Been a fan since 96.  That picture is from Ricky Craven's crash at Talledega.

Tips:
Bring booze. Lots.  (you can take normally 6 beers into the racetrack)
Pick a driver (pick by sponsor, just not Jimmie Johnson)
Charlotte's a boring track imo, but its all-star, so they'll be a bit more aggressive (its only for money, not points)
Its capitalism and marketing at its finest, lots of free junk.

Go Bowyer.

Great for people watching. I took this last year.
f5ae7o.png

Been a fan since 96.  That picture is from Ricky Craven's crash at Talledega.

Tips:
Bring booze. Lots.  (you can take normally 6 beers into the racetrack)
Pick a driver (pick by sponsor, just not Jimmie Johnson)
Charlotte's a boring track imo, but its all-star, so they'll be a bit more aggressive (its only for money, not points)
Its capitalism and marketing at its finest, lots of free junk.

Go Bowyer.

You need to pick a driver before you go. Go to Wal Mart or wherever and get geared up in your drivers gear. Buy Wranglers/Rustlers, Shirt, Jacket, Can coozy and whatever else they have for your driver.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
LEGOOOOOO DALE!!!!11

You need to pick a driver before you go. Go to Wal Mart or wherever and get geared up in your drivers gear. Buy Wranglers/Rustlers, Shirt, Jacket, Can coozy and whatever else they have for your driver.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
LEGOOOOOO DALE!!!!11

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Normally take in 6 beers? Dude what are you talking about?

I was referring to the fact that you can actually bring coolers into the racetrack...there aren't many sports events where you can do that.

Calm down.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Normally take in 6 beers? Dude what are you talking about?

I was referring to the fact that you can actually bring coolers into the racetrack...there aren't many sports events where you can do that.

Calm down.

Originally Posted by neddielutz

This.  Just make a joke out of it... its a blast.

Originally Posted by neddielutz

This.  Just make a joke out of it... its a blast.

my dad loves nascar.  i've picked it up and will follow because its another sport to talk about with him.  when he visited me out here in california we went to the california speedway in fontana.  it was cool.  it can get a little boring at times. 

since you are going to charlotte i would sit in the chrysler section and sit up near the top.  if you are sitting at the lower ground you will not be able to see the whole track and when they come by they will kick up a lot of dust.  beer from what i remember was the normal price for sporting events.  only had bud light and miller light.  there were some cute girls but most of them are in the vip section.  

CkqwCl.jpg

yes that is stevie wonder

WESRNl.jpg

my favorite driver, dale jr.

w6F6Pl.jpg

2 stealth bombers

Yeggwl.jpg

tony stewart pit stop.  my dads favorite driver.

SBnKdl.jpg

sunset.  it was hot as hell that day.

GC8col.jpg

the closest thing to a major pile up that we saw.

the race you are going to should be fun to watch.  there is a big monetary incentive to win this race so lots of action from all the drivers.  its a pretty cool format too.  hope that was helpful and enjoy the race.  

my dad loves nascar.  i've picked it up and will follow because its another sport to talk about with him.  when he visited me out here in california we went to the california speedway in fontana.  it was cool.  it can get a little boring at times. 

since you are going to charlotte i would sit in the chrysler section and sit up near the top.  if you are sitting at the lower ground you will not be able to see the whole track and when they come by they will kick up a lot of dust.  beer from what i remember was the normal price for sporting events.  only had bud light and miller light.  there were some cute girls but most of them are in the vip section.  

CkqwCl.jpg

yes that is stevie wonder

WESRNl.jpg

my favorite driver, dale jr.

w6F6Pl.jpg

2 stealth bombers

Yeggwl.jpg

tony stewart pit stop.  my dads favorite driver.

SBnKdl.jpg

sunset.  it was hot as hell that day.

GC8col.jpg

the closest thing to a major pile up that we saw.

the race you are going to should be fun to watch.  there is a big monetary incentive to win this race so lots of action from all the drivers.  its a pretty cool format too.  hope that was helpful and enjoy the race.  

Back
Top Bottom