Anyone ever get a job through Craigslist?

I was browsing some jobs an some of them say like "privately owned company" and stuff like that...Anyone get a job from craigslist? Are most of themjust spam or something?
nerd.gif

I got an interview; didn't get the position.

I've sent my resume probably 100x through Craigslist and only heard back from 1 person.

I've gotten gigs between college breaks on craigslist.

Handing out flyers for a gym (10 an hour plus free gym use).
Working as a Bottle Host for NYE events (30 an hour )

Yeah I have gotten bunch of jobs, but its best to drop your resume off in person as well if you where the place is. Its a lot harder now though with less jobs,a lot of scams and stuff on there, be careful

Most are scams yet my girl recently got a legit paralegal job through craigslist and it's with the biggest corporate law firm in CT.

She sent her resume to them on Thursday, got a call on Friday to come in for an interview that day, got the job that same day. I swear this broad is lucky as#*$#.

2007-grocery sacking job at rice epicurean
2008-office desk job at a small business called file-it
2009-almost jamba juice until they found out i had a criminal record lol

Originally Posted by SwanginOn4z

Are you normally honest about your criminal background on your job applications or do you usually check the no box?

Originally Posted by Twistedb9

Originally Posted by SwanginOn4z

Are you normally honest about your criminal background on your job applications or do you usually check the no box?

honestly most of the time the way they ask the question dont apply to me. they ask have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor i click no becausetechnically i have not been convicted because i am on defferef ajudication. but if they ask have you pleaded guilty not guilty or no contest i sometimes tellthe truth. but with jamba juice i said no and when they ran a background search and seen felony theft they gave me the
indifferent.gif

i was like
embarassed.gif

then i was like
tired.gif

A couple summers ago i got a really cool job with this IT company called FileTrail that was just looking for anyone who lived around there. It was just a bunchof dudes in their mid twenties from SoCal and they got a contract with the Prince George's County Courthouse which is literally around the corner from myhouse. It was the best job ever, but since it was a contract it didn't last long at all. I was making $12 an hour literally sitting around listening tomusic on pandora, talking about music and everything else, scanning folders with a scan gun, and getting resume cred as a Data Entry Clerk for the CountyCourthouse. Best job ever and the dudes were mad cool to be running their own company and caking as much as they were. Craigslist really came through thattime.

nah there is a lot of BS on craigs but there is def LEGIT jobs on there

its cheaper to put on craigs than an ad in the hartford courant

jobs are doing this

Must have applied to countless amounts of entry level jobs through Craigslist, and was never called back.

I got an internship as a Junior Trader for a stock broker for this summer through Craigslist. I asked him how many replies he got and he said over 100 in 2days. It is ridiculous out there.

i put a resume up on CL, 10minutes later i get a call about they want to interview me tomorrow. i was stupid geeked, unemployeed for about a month. i put on mybest church outfit, and diddy bopped my way to the office. come to find out it was a MLM scam
indifferent.gif
some insurance company. wasted my time, gas, and i spilledgrape drink on my shirt on the break.

did my resume to another company, they called me the next day. asked me to come in on friday night. come through, dressed in my sunday best again, room full ofpeople
indifferent.gif
another damn MLM scam. herbalife. i walked out during dudes speech. i wasnt having it.

i had sent my resume to AAA, and they called me in for an interviews. went on 3 but didnt get the job. thats the closest i came to getting a job off craigslist

Originally Posted by doosta45

i put a resume up on CL, 10minutes later i get a call about they want to interview me tomorrow. i was stupid geeked, unemployeed for about a month. i put on my best church outfit, and diddy bopped my way to the office. come to find out it was a MLM scam
indifferent.gif
some insurance company. wasted my time, gas, and i spilled grape drink on my shirt on the break.

did my resume to another company, they called me the next day. asked me to come in on friday night. come through, dressed in my sunday best again, room full of people
indifferent.gif
another damn MLM scam. herbalife. i walked out during dudes speech. i wasnt having it.

i had sent my resume to AAA, and they called me in for an interviews. went on 3 but didnt get the job. thats the closest i came to getting a job off craigslist

i cant even lie fam i fell for the same thing. got dressed up in my sunday shoes khaki slacks and my most colorfulest button down with a tie to match to wastealot of gas going about 30 miles away from my house to a bs job interview with a bout 50 other people. they said we was gone get paid 2000 a month off top butwe would have to invest 200 dollars and wait 3 weeks to start or some crap.

my friend is a architecture He found a couple of jobs, my older sis who is Physician assistant found one but it was a temp job. Its rough, I've been hitwith those MLM scams too waste of my time just walk out once i see dude handing out pamphlets and preaching about some stupid knives that can cut a penny dammcutco.

--Got an interview, got the job, went to the orientation and decided it wasnt for me.
--Company called Halecorp in San Diego selling suppplements door to door.

Back
Top Bottom