Anyone ever just pick up everything and move far away?

Sometimes I think about just getting up and taking my talents to South Beach (or somewhere in FL), but it's just not realistic at this point in my life...

Originally Posted by JumpMan Jam

Are You Familiar With Chris McCandless?

If Not, You Should Either Read 'Into The Wild, Or Watch The Movie

His Story Is Kind Of Inspiring, And Makes You Wonder What Could Be

Makes me wonder if anyone could be stupider than that guy. That's about it.

I'm alone in NY right now. I was planning on staying in Chicago for the summer but I received an intern offer in late May and decided why not. I am interning only for the summer but I didn't know anyone when I arrived here. My relatives thought I was crazy. Just subletting a room in a big house in Queens. It's refreshing to say the least.

Now that my senior year is about to commence, I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do next.

Originally Posted by JumpMan Jam

Are You Familiar With Chris McCandless?

If Not, You Should Either Read 'Into The Wild, Or Watch The Movie

His Story Is Kind Of Inspiring, And Makes You Wonder What Could Be

Makes me wonder if anyone could be stupider than that guy. That's about it.

I'm alone in NY right now. I was planning on staying in Chicago for the summer but I received an intern offer in late May and decided why not. I am interning only for the summer but I didn't know anyone when I arrived here. My relatives thought I was crazy. Just subletting a room in a big house in Queens. It's refreshing to say the least.

Now that my senior year is about to commence, I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do next.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I have thought about relocating to Paris for a while. Not sure if I'll actually act on it as Paris seems to be a place where people keep to themselves and aren't nearly as sociable as the States.

I don't know. I still got to save up and become fluent in French.

On the flip side, I was thinking about moving to NYC or Cali one day.

Making it through this year will determine a lot.

tango  in paris
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I have thought about relocating to Paris for a while. Not sure if I'll actually act on it as Paris seems to be a place where people keep to themselves and aren't nearly as sociable as the States.

I don't know. I still got to save up and become fluent in French.

On the flip side, I was thinking about moving to NYC or Cali one day.

Making it through this year will determine a lot.

tango  in paris
nerd.gif

not same situation but reason i enlisted is so i can move far away... find my self before settling down

not same situation but reason i enlisted is so i can move far away... find my self before settling down

I moved from Chicago to Compton last year. I had been visiting LA/Compton for 10 years and finally decided to make the move last year. I've been here a year and I love it, but at the same time I do miss Chicago a lot cause I had tons of friends that I would hang out with all the time.

I know people may hate on Compton cause it's "Ghetto" and people ask me all the time why I moved to Compton but I could care less if people hate and besides that I'm a leader not a follower. And on top of that people need to stop watching all of those rap videos cause Compton is not THAT bad.

So my suggestion to OP would be to make the move if he really really has that itch to do it. Just keep in mind that it will cost money to make the move. The move to Compton has cost me plenty financially because I wasn't able to get a job that quick, but now that I have a job so I'm cool now.

I moved from Chicago to Compton last year. I had been visiting LA/Compton for 10 years and finally decided to make the move last year. I've been here a year and I love it, but at the same time I do miss Chicago a lot cause I had tons of friends that I would hang out with all the time.

I know people may hate on Compton cause it's "Ghetto" and people ask me all the time why I moved to Compton but I could care less if people hate and besides that I'm a leader not a follower. And on top of that people need to stop watching all of those rap videos cause Compton is not THAT bad.

So my suggestion to OP would be to make the move if he really really has that itch to do it. Just keep in mind that it will cost money to make the move. The move to Compton has cost me plenty financially because I wasn't able to get a job that quick, but now that I have a job so I'm cool now.

pimp.gif
. I always want to do this. Pack my stuff and go on that one man mission to unknown territory kind of thing
pimp.gif
. I've been in Cali forever

pimp.gif
. I always want to do this. Pack my stuff and go on that one man mission to unknown territory kind of thing
pimp.gif
. I've been in Cali forever

how much money do u need saved up? i hear people saying pack up their things and go, but where do u stay the first couple weeks, and what about job?

how much money do u need saved up? i hear people saying pack up their things and go, but where do u stay the first couple weeks, and what about job?

Dudes with kids shouldn't even be in this thread
smh.gif

Chris McCandless might have been a fool in the end for not properly preparing for his return to civilization but he lived more in the short time of his journey than the majority of people will live in 100 years of their life.

Dudes with kids shouldn't even be in this thread
smh.gif

Chris McCandless might have been a fool in the end for not properly preparing for his return to civilization but he lived more in the short time of his journey than the majority of people will live in 100 years of their life.

Im actually in this position right now. Im looking to move from Miami to the Bay Area within the next 2-3 months. Ive always wanted to
live out there and it kind of just hit me that nothing was holding me back so I just do it. If any Bay Area or even So Cal NTers have
any advice/tips as far as nice areas with cheap rent, job opportunities or just things to do in either of those areas please
share that with me. I was thinking about the Oakland or Berkeley area, or even SF, as far as where I want to go exactly but
Im trying to figure out what would be the best fit for me. Im looking for somewhere comparable to Miami but different at the same
time if that makes any sense. Once I choose an area and find a job, Im out. Im excited too, I wish I could leave today.

Im actually in this position right now. Im looking to move from Miami to the Bay Area within the next 2-3 months. Ive always wanted to
live out there and it kind of just hit me that nothing was holding me back so I just do it. If any Bay Area or even So Cal NTers have
any advice/tips as far as nice areas with cheap rent, job opportunities or just things to do in either of those areas please
share that with me. I was thinking about the Oakland or Berkeley area, or even SF, as far as where I want to go exactly but
Im trying to figure out what would be the best fit for me. Im looking for somewhere comparable to Miami but different at the same
time if that makes any sense. Once I choose an area and find a job, Im out. Im excited too, I wish I could leave today.

Back
Top Bottom