Anyone ever move from an urban area to the burbs? Vol. First time home buyer

i'm in the process of doing the opposite. i'm going from a very suburban Plano, TX outside of Dallas to downtown LA. I hope i can adjust.

Once you move to the suburbs, you'll find that it's stupid quiet in the neighborhood. I can hear the USPS and UPS truck from way down the street.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Starting a family before the age of 30 FTL!!

Now don't get me wrong I would love the start one as early as possible if the financial side of life was peachy, but being a young bachelor in the City of all cities with cake..
pimp.gif

You have to make that sacrifice and make the move to the burbs You already know it's best for your family.

i see where youre coming from....but i also see it the other way around
cuz you would think... having cake+living in the city=
pimp.gif
when you thinkat all the fun+fast girls you can have
but...all these damn girls now seem to wanna be married or at least have a ring on their finger before 30. i dont wanna be that 1 guy who's 35 and stilllooking for a wife
grin.gif
(and 1 who isnt divorced and with kids)

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i'm in the process of doing the opposite. i'm going from a very suburban Plano, TX outside of Dallas to downtown LA. I hope i can adjust.
Just don't dive into the city life too quickly. Moderation FTW, especially in a city like LA where there is something to do every night.

This makes me glad to live where I do live. We got backyards, trees, lakes, deer, what have you but we're 2 minutes from downtown Minneapolis. Tons ofschools to chose from, everything is in walking distance. It's the best of both worlds. Nothing like that in your area?

I grew up in the BURBS. It's nice for family raising, but I could never go back to it. Gotta drive just to get some damn milk. We're going to buy ahouse in the neighborhood we're in and this is where we are staying.

Na theres definitely no houses with big yards and space and all that within walkin distance from downtown anywhere here

its all good, im gonna go ahead and make an offer this week. Im lookin forward to having a big yard for my dog to roam and having a 4 car garage to fill upwith whips and having some peace and quiet as well. I know my wife wants to move and it will be best for the kid so they come first.

Dirty, you can get there from exit 8 on 280 or its also right around where 46 merges with 3.... I saw a whole gang of deer and turkeys just mean muggingeveryone driving by when I was in the neighborhood...

I just put in a nice low offer today....

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Ill be way more comforatable in the nice new crib. Ill have plenty of room to park cars and stuff, a nice sized yard for my dog to run around in and most importantly its a nice place to raise a family, plenty of space and good schools and all that.
Sounds good, no debate. Go for it.

Back
Top Bottom