Anyone following CES?

Overclocking. You can't overclock them like you use to because you have some many things running on the same frequency.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

A quick overview on Sandy Bride. I really don't think I'm missing too much since all I will be doing is gaming. It is looking pretty nice though
I don't understand Intel's numbering either. Why is this socket 1155, it would probably make some think that they can put an 1156 processor in it

What's an advantage in having an unlocked CPU?
If you're familiar with the AMD Black Edition processors, this is the same concept. On locked processors, you can only change the multiplier downwards, like from 16 to 15. On these, you can change them upwards as well, making overclocking extremely easy. 

Overclocking. You can't overclock them like you use to because you have some many things running on the same frequency.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by mp3911

Originally Posted by CWrite78

the k series of sandy bridge is the enthusiast chip right?
yea from the 2500k and up is enthusiast.

man if i pick one up i have to get a new mobo ram a cooler and a graphics card idk if i should get the 5870 for $345
sick.gif
to replace  a 4870
Hop on the 6950 for $300, you can unlock it into a 6970. 
thanks didnt know you can do that

or go with a 570, and save yourself the trouble of crappy ATi/AMD drivers.

Corsair just added a new case to the Obsidian family, the 650 Mid-Tower

650d_a.png

The hinges ruin the case IMO, and hopefully it doesn't have a crazy price like the 800D and 700D do.

I'd cop if the price is right. But if I had the cash, I'd go with the 800D. Gorgeous case.

A quick overview on Sandy Bride. I really don't think I'm missing too much since all I will be doing is gaming. It is looking pretty nice though

it won't, seeing as how very few games are CPU intensive now. So unless you have an old processor, your CPU won't be a bottleneck if you have a good GPU.

Originally Posted by mp3911

the k series of sandy bridge is the enthusiast chip right?
yea from the 2500k and up is enthusiast.

man if i pick one up i have to get a new mobo ram a cooler and a graphics card idk if i should get the 5870 for $345
sick.gif
to replace  a 4870
Hop on the 6950 for $300, you can unlock it into a 6970. 
thanks didnt know you can do that

or go with a 570, and save yourself the trouble of crappy ATi/AMD drivers.

Corsair just added a new case to the Obsidian family, the 650 Mid-Tower

650d_a.png

The hinges ruin the case IMO, and hopefully it doesn't have a crazy price like the 800D and 700D do.

I'd cop if the price is right. But if I had the cash, I'd go with the 800D. Gorgeous case.

it won't, seeing as how very few games are CPU intensive now. So unless you have an old processor, your CPU won't be a bottleneck if you have a good GPU.

[h3]Motorola announces DROID BIONIC for Verizon; 1GHz dual-core processor, LTE capable[/h3]
By: Andrew Munchbach | Jan 5th, 2011 at 07:42PM

/www.bgr.com/?p=71594">http://www.bgr.com/?p=71594">View Comments
Filed Under: BreakingCES

DROIIIIIIID. At the company’s CES keynote, DROID-maker Motorola announced a new, dual-core Android beast destined for Verizon Wireless.  Dubbed the DROID BIONIC, the handset sports a 4.3-inch qHD display, dual-core 1GHz processor, somewhere between 512MB and 1GB of RAM (Motorola’s product page says the device has 1GB of RAM and their press release says 512MB), Wi-Fi, HDMI-out with mirror mode, 1080p playback, 8 megapixel rear-facing camera, front-facing VGA camera, and, obviously, a LTE radio. The device will be available “early

[h3]Motorola announces DROID BIONIC for Verizon; 1GHz dual-core processor, LTE capable[/h3]
By: Andrew Munchbach | Jan 5th, 2011 at 07:42PM

/www.bgr.com/?p=71594">http://www.bgr.com/?p=71594">View Comments
Filed Under: BreakingCES

DROIIIIIIID. At the company’s CES keynote, DROID-maker Motorola announced a new, dual-core Android beast destined for Verizon Wireless.  Dubbed the DROID BIONIC, the handset sports a 4.3-inch qHD display, dual-core 1GHz processor, somewhere between 512MB and 1GB of RAM (Motorola’s product page says the device has 1GB of RAM and their press release says 512MB), Wi-Fi, HDMI-out with mirror mode, 1080p playback, 8 megapixel rear-facing camera, front-facing VGA camera, and, obviously, a LTE radio. The device will be available “early

Also, Corsair seriously needs to put their windows a bit higher. I don't care to look at my PSU as much as I do my MoBo

Also, Corsair seriously needs to put their windows a bit higher. I don't care to look at my PSU as much as I do my MoBo

I need an unlocked duel core phone in my life. The ones they showed didn't wow me to much. If T-mobile doesn't get any love I might have to bounce to AT&T

I need an unlocked duel core phone in my life. The ones they showed didn't wow me to much. If T-mobile doesn't get any love I might have to bounce to AT&T

Ok so Verizon is getting the Thunderbolt and the Droid Bionic, ATT getting the new samsung and Olympus and t-mobile is only getting the optimus 2x and thats not even confirmed? Step your game up t-mobile smh.

Ok so Verizon is getting the Thunderbolt and the Droid Bionic, ATT getting the new samsung and Olympus and t-mobile is only getting the optimus 2x and thats not even confirmed? Step your game up t-mobile smh.

anyone courteous enough for an extra pass??
i'm dying to go but my dude aint come thru for me because he has to work the whole week.

anyone courteous enough for an extra pass??
i'm dying to go but my dude aint come thru for me because he has to work the whole week.

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

now THAT is how you make a mobile OS tablet.

can't wait until it goes on sale.

I was going to pre-order but there were too many red flags for me to go through with it. As soon as they announce a Honeycomb upgrade, (which Im sure will happen) Im on it. People are already getting shipping confirmation starting on the 14th.

So this thing isn't running Android 3.0 (honeycomb) ?  Will it? honeycomb looks really nice

now THAT is how you make a mobile OS tablet.

can't wait until it goes on sale.

I was going to pre-order but there were too many red flags for me to go through with it. As soon as they announce a Honeycomb upgrade, (which Im sure will happen) Im on it. People are already getting shipping confirmation starting on the 14th.

So this thing isn't running Android 3.0 (honeycomb) ?  Will it? honeycomb looks really nice

Back
Top Bottom