Anyone following CES?

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

eek.gif
looking good
as a current iPad owner i see a lot of good things in Honeycomb, well done Google

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I'm guessing there isn't going to be much of anything except for tablets

nostradamus right here

i havent really seen anything to amazing or surprising out of CES this year, the windows/nvidia ARM announcement was kind of out of nowhere but who knows how big a deal that will turn out to be if at all

edit - may have spoken a little soon with Atrix now being shown

I'm guessing there isn't going to be much of anything except for tablets

nostradamus right here

i havent really seen anything to amazing or surprising out of CES this year, the windows/nvidia ARM announcement was kind of out of nowhere but who knows how big a deal that will turn out to be if at all

edit - may have spoken a little soon with Atrix now being shown

Got an email from Microcenter, I5 2500k will retail at $249.99 and they are offering $70 instant savings. If any of y'all are ready to upgrade your processors, this is the time to do it.

Got an email from Microcenter, I5 2500k will retail at $249.99 and they are offering $70 instant savings. If any of y'all are ready to upgrade your processors, this is the time to do it.

Originally Posted by mp3911

me too

i5 2400 - $149
i5 2500k - $179
i7 2600 - $249
i7 2600k - $279

me too

i5 2400 - $149
i5 2500k - $179
i7 2600 - $249
i7 2600k - $279

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Seriously a factory rig at 5GHz?
I wonder if you can reach 5GHz on an air cooled system instead of water, probably could with i7 980x idk doubt it though.

I have a 4.6GHz i7 920 cooled with water. I doubt you can cool a 5GHz effectively on air...

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/i7_2600k_i5_2500k_2300_1155_sandy_bridge_review/1These dudes are hitting 5ghz on air while only hitting 74C max

Seriously a factory rig at 5GHz?
I wonder if you can reach 5GHz on an air cooled system instead of water, probably could with i7 980x idk doubt it though.

I have a 4.6GHz i7 920 cooled with water. I doubt you can cool a 5GHz effectively on air...

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/i7_2600k_i5_2500k_2300_1155_sandy_bridge_review/1These dudes are hitting 5ghz on air while only hitting 74C max

I already have a Noctua NH-D14, was looking at the H50 but performance wise didn't look all that impressive.

I had the H50 running at 4GHz. My temps were always <40c at idle

When I went to 4.6GHz I got an H70 and my temps are still <40c at idle

What voltage?

2500K is copped.

I already have a Noctua NH-D14, was looking at the H50 but performance wise didn't look all that impressive.

I had the H50 running at 4GHz. My temps were always <40c at idle

When I went to 4.6GHz I got an H70 and my temps are still <40c at idle

What voltage?

2500K is copped.

the k series of sandy bridge is the enthusiast chip right? well, to hold people over before ivy bridge comes out next year at least

the k series of sandy bridge is the enthusiast chip right? well, to hold people over before ivy bridge comes out next year at least

Originally Posted by CWrite78

the k series of sandy bridge is the enthusiast chip right?
yea from the 2500k and up is enthusiast.

man if i pick one up i have to get a new mobo ram a cooler and a graphics card idk if i should get the 5870 for $345
sick.gif
to replace  a 4870

man if i pick one up i have to get a new mobo ram a cooler and a graphics card idk if i should get the 5870 for $345
sick.gif
to replace  a 4870

Originally Posted by sole vintage

sick.gif
to replace  a 4870
Hop on the 6950 for $300, you can unlock it into a 6970. 

sick.gif
to replace  a 4870

A quick overview on Sandy Bride. I really don't think I'm missing too much since all I will be doing is gaming. It is looking pretty nice though
I don't understand Intel's numbering either. Why is this socket 1155, it would probably make some think that they can put an 1156 processor in it

What's an advantage in having an unlocked CPU?

A quick overview on Sandy Bride. I really don't think I'm missing too much since all I will be doing is gaming. It is looking pretty nice though
I don't understand Intel's numbering either. Why is this socket 1155, it would probably make some think that they can put an 1156 processor in it

sick.gif
to replace  a 4870
thanks didnt know you can do that

sick.gif
to replace  a 4870
thanks didnt know you can do that

If you're familiar with the AMD Black Edition processors, this is the same concept. On locked processors, you can only change the multiplier downwards, like from 16 to 15. On these, you can change them upwards as well, making overclocking extremely easy. 

Back
Top Bottom