Anyone following CES?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector
What is that supposed to be?

headmounted 720p 3d display by sony with simulated 5.1 sound

a prototype with no price or release in the forseeable future as its not an actual product yet 
ohwell.gif

[h4]
[h4]http://www.engadget.com/2...concept-blows-our-minds/[/h4][h4]Razer Switchblade: 7-inch pocket gaming concept blows our minds six ways from Sunday[/h4]
By Darren Murph   posted Jan 6th 2011 11:01AM

http://www.engadget.com/breaking/#latest/www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/eng-swipe-breaking-red.gif);">http://www.blogsmithmedia...swipe-breaking-red.gif); display: block; width: 55px; height: 19px; background-position: 50% 0%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Breaking News

post_icon_pr.gif

post_icon_video.gif

The most beautiful thing to come out of CES 2011? The show ain't over yet, but we're unafraid to say thatRazer's Switchblade is the device to beat. Before you go getting your hopes up, we have to (regretfully) point out that this here gaming handheld is but a concept, but considering that Toshiba's Libretto W105made it to store shelves (if but for a moment), we're hoping and praying that the Switchblade can also find its way to a production line. Little is known about the device itself, but Razer has imagined it using a pair of 7-inch multitouch displays as well as a layer of tactile, dynamic keys on the lower screen. Much like theOptimus Maximus of yesteryear, this keyboard would enable gamers to place different screens underneath depending on title, and even within a game, you could imagine the keys shifting to account for different POVs, levels, scenarios, etc. Internally, the concept is based around an Intel Atom processor, but there's no word on what kind of GPU would work alongside of it. Sadly, Razer's unwilling to talk pie-in-the-sky details when it comes to price and release, but if four million comments show up below begging and pleading for the company to take this commercial...

Razer Switchblade 7-inch gaming tablet concept at CES 2011
[/h4]
http://www.engadget.com/photos/razer-switchblade-7-inch-gaming-tablet-concept-at-ces-2011/

[h4]
[h4]http://www.engadget.com/2...concept-blows-our-minds/[/h4][h4]Razer Switchblade: 7-inch pocket gaming concept blows our minds six ways from Sunday[/h4]
By Darren Murph   posted Jan 6th 2011 11:01AM

http://www.engadget.com/breaking/#latest/www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/eng-swipe-breaking-red.gif);">http://www.blogsmithmedia...swipe-breaking-red.gif); display: block; width: 55px; height: 19px; background-position: 50% 0%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Breaking News

post_icon_pr.gif

post_icon_video.gif

The most beautiful thing to come out of CES 2011? The show ain't over yet, but we're unafraid to say thatRazer's Switchblade is the device to beat. Before you go getting your hopes up, we have to (regretfully) point out that this here gaming handheld is but a concept, but considering that Toshiba's Libretto W105made it to store shelves (if but for a moment), we're hoping and praying that the Switchblade can also find its way to a production line. Little is known about the device itself, but Razer has imagined it using a pair of 7-inch multitouch displays as well as a layer of tactile, dynamic keys on the lower screen. Much like theOptimus Maximus of yesteryear, this keyboard would enable gamers to place different screens underneath depending on title, and even within a game, you could imagine the keys shifting to account for different POVs, levels, scenarios, etc. Internally, the concept is based around an Intel Atom processor, but there's no word on what kind of GPU would work alongside of it. Sadly, Razer's unwilling to talk pie-in-the-sky details when it comes to price and release, but if four million comments show up below begging and pleading for the company to take this commercial...

Razer Switchblade 7-inch gaming tablet concept at CES 2011
[/h4]
http://www.engadget.com/photos/razer-switchblade-7-inch-gaming-tablet-concept-at-ces-2011/

a prototype with no price or release in the forseeable future as its not an actual product yet 
ohwell.gif

lol okay, I would pass anyway looking like ole dude from Star Trek

ohwell.gif

lol okay, I would pass anyway looking like ole dude from Star Trek

I missed this yesterday, NVIDIA is going to make a CPU

NVIDIA announces Project Denver ARM CPU for the desktop
By Vlad Savov posted Jan 5th 2011 4:01PM

Breaking News

post_icon_pr.gif

A "full custom processor," designed by NVIDIA in partnership with ARM. World's first ARM processor targeted at high performance computing. NVIDIA really sprung this Project Denver as a major surprise at the end of its CES press conference here. This chip is "in development" and seems intent to conquer the desktop and laptop scene that is currently wholly owned by the x86 duo of AMD and Intel. It's true folks, NVIDIA's building a CPU! Madness!

It's hard to properly express the gravity of a move like. ARM processors, as Jen-Hsun Huang just pointed out, are becoming the most ubiquitous around the world because of their great success on the mobile front. Taking them into the fortress of high performance computing is a daring decision, but if anyone has the requisite technical knowhow and OEM relationships to hit that ball out of the park, it's NVIDIA. For its part, Jen-Hsun's company is taking its antagonism with Intel to the next logical stage, finally announcing that it'll leap out of the GPU market and into the shark waters of CPU manufacturing. And oh yes, Microsoft just announced ARM compatibility for the next version of Windows. The future just got a lot more exciting.

Update: The press release (available after the break) informs us that Project Denver will integrate graphics processing with straight computational skills in a fully integrated CPU / GPU hybrid package -- much like AMD's Fusion hardware -- and we've got a highly informative blog post from NVIDIA's Chief Scientist Bill Dally for you at the link below.   

I missed this yesterday, NVIDIA is going to make a CPU

NVIDIA announces Project Denver ARM CPU for the desktop
By Vlad Savov posted Jan 5th 2011 4:01PM

Breaking News

post_icon_pr.gif

A "full custom processor," designed by NVIDIA in partnership with ARM. World's first ARM processor targeted at high performance computing. NVIDIA really sprung this Project Denver as a major surprise at the end of its CES press conference here. This chip is "in development" and seems intent to conquer the desktop and laptop scene that is currently wholly owned by the x86 duo of AMD and Intel. It's true folks, NVIDIA's building a CPU! Madness!

It's hard to properly express the gravity of a move like. ARM processors, as Jen-Hsun Huang just pointed out, are becoming the most ubiquitous around the world because of their great success on the mobile front. Taking them into the fortress of high performance computing is a daring decision, but if anyone has the requisite technical knowhow and OEM relationships to hit that ball out of the park, it's NVIDIA. For its part, Jen-Hsun's company is taking its antagonism with Intel to the next logical stage, finally announcing that it'll leap out of the GPU market and into the shark waters of CPU manufacturing. And oh yes, Microsoft just announced ARM compatibility for the next version of Windows. The future just got a lot more exciting.

Update: The press release (available after the break) informs us that Project Denver will integrate graphics processing with straight computational skills in a fully integrated CPU / GPU hybrid package -- much like AMD's Fusion hardware -- and we've got a highly informative blog post from NVIDIA's Chief Scientist Bill Dally for you at the link below.   

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I already have a Noctua NH-D14, was looking at the H50 but performance wise didn't look all that impressive.

I had the H50 running at 4GHz. My temps were always <40c at idle

When I went to 4.6GHz I got an H70 and my temps are still <40c at idle

What voltage?

2500K is copped.

1.376 for 4.6GHz using the H70

1.264 for 4.0GHz using the H50

Here's an old SS of my 4.0 rig coming down from running a LinX burn in for stabilization.

Spoiler [+]
21ae6fq.jpg

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I already have a Noctua NH-D14, was looking at the H50 but performance wise didn't look all that impressive.

I had the H50 running at 4GHz. My temps were always <40c at idle

When I went to 4.6GHz I got an H70 and my temps are still <40c at idle

What voltage?

2500K is copped.

1.376 for 4.6GHz using the H70

1.264 for 4.0GHz using the H50

Here's an old SS of my 4.0 rig coming down from running a LinX burn in for stabilization.

Spoiler [+]
21ae6fq.jpg

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

The Motorola Atrix 4G with the different docks is probably the most amazing tech thing I've ever seen. My mind is literally blown right now. So crazy.

Can't wait to see the pricing. Too bad it's on AT&T, but I'm sure this technology will come to other carriers soon enough.

http://www.engadget.com/2...nd-laptop-dock-hands-on/

holy #$%^ i need this

eek.gif
i just wet myself. !$%* really is like a mini computer replacement. But what would most people really use this for?(the desktop feature)

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

The Motorola Atrix 4G with the different docks is probably the most amazing tech thing I've ever seen. My mind is literally blown right now. So crazy.

Can't wait to see the pricing. Too bad it's on AT&T, but I'm sure this technology will come to other carriers soon enough.

http://www.engadget.com/2...nd-laptop-dock-hands-on/

holy #$%^ i need this

eek.gif
i just wet myself. !$%* really is like a mini computer replacement. But what would most people really use this for?(the desktop feature)

Moto is definitely killing CES. I have always been an HTC guy, but I'm very disappointed with their showing.

Moto is definitely killing CES. I have always been an HTC guy, but I'm very disappointed with their showing.

I'm really thinking about grabbing one of these tablets instead of a netbook.
I'll be using it in class so that sliding Samsung I posted would be great, and plus Windows 7 would probably be better than Honeycomb because I can use MS Office and what not (I hope)

Also, has Microsoft said anything about Windows 8? I've been hearing nothing but rumors

I'm really thinking about grabbing one of these tablets instead of a netbook.
I'll be using it in class so that sliding Samsung I posted would be great, and plus Windows 7 would probably be better than Honeycomb because I can use MS Office and what not (I hope)

Also, has Microsoft said anything about Windows 8? I've been hearing nothing but rumors

I'll get a 3DTV when they make glasses that are big enough to cover the ones that I wear.

Back
Top Bottom