Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

I landed a $2100 (Shipping and taxes included) deal on my OLED C7 for black Friday. Extremely satisfied so far. Just be aware that its full potential is watching Dolby Vision and HDR10 video content which is still not that readily available. Black levels look sick on the set.

ebay?

seasoned vet seasoned vet my man! Yellow-to-green did the trick :emoji_sweat_smile:

giphy.gif

Much appreciated man. Where did you grab that manual from? Did you add the images? :lol:

seasoned vet seasoned vet my man! Yellow-to-green did the trick :emoji_sweat_smile:

giphy.gif

Much appreciated man. Where did you grab that manual from? Did you add the images? :lol:

the ‘yellow to green’ instructions are written on the TV but its so condensed and abbreviated it confuses people

its a dying interface, pretty soon TVs will have nothing but USB and HDMI ports. but until that time these TV manufacturers should stop being lazy and put them on there right.

the ‘yellow to green’ instructions are written on the TV but its so condensed and abbreviated it confuses people

its a dying interface, pretty soon TVs will have nothing but USB and HDMI ports. but until that time these TV manufacturers should stop being lazy and put them on there right.

I kept trying the yellow yesterday and had no luck. Thought maybe the cables were dead.

Time to buy more controllers and Mario Party.

Rtings calibrates with a very dark room in mind. Like in the theater dark. If there's even a little light in the room the colors are going to look washed.

If your room is dark enough already, maybe it might be your eyes maybe? Maybe the colors are right but your eyes are just used to extreme settings.
I bought this tv for our bedroom which is pitch black at night because of the curtains we have on all windows, it doesn’t let sunlight in during the day. The picture is gorgeous compared to the 42 inch Samsung LCD it replaced. The 4K content that I’ve streamed so far has a great picture.

On the PS4 the graphics are great and the color is vivid and full of color. But when I put the console video output to automatic and it launches a HDR compatible game, it has this cloudy look. It’s a night and day downgrade. The reds are completely orange, like on NBA 2k18 for example.

Maybe the HDR on the original PS4 sucks? Maybe it’s better with the Pro.

I have a ps4. Not sure if it has hdr or not. I don't game on my oled. I still have my ps4 hooked up to my 6 yr old Samsung lol

I have a ps4. Not sure if it has hdr or not. I don't game on my oled. I still have my ps4 hooked up to my 6 yr old Samsung lol

Only the PS4 Pro has full HDR capabilities. Any older model is going to try and upscale it but it won't be in native HDR.

so it went down further in price?

oh never mind, I guess your price of $1400 was with tax?
na I got the E7 for 1400 came out to like $1640 after taxes... he just texted me thanks got the c7 for $1199 i don't know if it's before or after.. wouldn't be surprised if it's with the taxes frys in store deals ridiculously good for the consumer

Damn. Been wanting a pro but I don’t want to hear it from the ol girl about “is that really necessary blah blah” bull sh it lol.

She was already pissed when she came home and there was a big *** tv on the dresser lmao

just sell the ps4 and get the pro before she gets home, chances are she might not even know the difference :lol:

just put some games and blurays on top of it to cover it up a bit

Just copped the 50 inch TCL 4k Roku....Thing is beautiful.

My last TV was a 720 32" though, so this was a huge upgrade for me....lol. I saw a 4k monitor for $500 at Best Buy yesterday...4k is beautiful. But that price...sheesh.

Just copped the 50 inch TCL 4k Roku....Thing is beautiful.

My last TV was a 720 32" though, so this was a huge upgrade for me....lol. I saw a 4k monitor for $500 at Best Buy yesterday...4k is beautiful. But that price...sheesh.

4k kinda useless under 55 inches

Bought the x900 and a pro last night. God damn i never realized how much technology has advanced since i bought my plasma in 2012. Got my tv controlling my direct tv amd everything. Ill probably look into a new sound bar in the next month or so

The word is that you only benefit from the increased pixels unless the tv is bigger?

But that doesn't take into account hdr 10 and dolby vision which is increasingly paired with 4k these days

I bought this tv for our bedroom which is pitch black at night because of the curtains we have on all windows, it doesn’t let sunlight in during the day. The picture is gorgeous compared to the 42 inch Samsung LCD it replaced. The 4K content that I’ve streamed so far has a great picture.

On the PS4 the graphics are great and the color is vivid and full of color. But when I put the console video output to automatic and it launches a HDR compatible game, it has this cloudy look. It’s a night and day downgrade. The reds are completely orange, like on NBA 2k18 for example.

Maybe the HDR on the original PS4 sucks? Maybe it’s better with the Pro.

Did you enhance the HDMI setting to ultra deep color on your LG TV?

You know. For some reason why I try ultra deep color on my oled I can't have sound. Strangest thing. I haven't figured out how to fix that.

Back
Top Bottom