Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

On Black Friday I copped the Samsung 2.1 HW-M430/Z sound bar for $150. Wasn’t even looking to buy one myself but my girl was buying a LG soundbar for her dad and I decided to grab one myself. I have it in the bedroom and it bumps loud. I love the fenced steel finish and how the LCD display is camflouged behind it. A way better design and construction than most LG sound bars. It was a steal since it’s $280 right now at Best Buy.

I know theres other premium brands out there but I try to match my appliances.

HDMI 2.0 sir. Why?

Strange. If you're using a high speed HDMI, you shouldn't be experiencing that. Normally, plugging in a standard speed HDMI (or any below 2.0) under the ultra deep color settings would be the cause of audio issues due to incompatibility.

Strange. If you're using a high speed HDMI, you shouldn't be experiencing that. Normally, plugging in a standard speed HDMI (or any below 2.0) under the ultra deep color settings would be the cause of audio issues due to incompatibility.
Thanks man. Maybe there's a chance that the hdmi is not plugged all the way in? I will check

I'm still deciding if I want to purchase a sound bar
I have the Yamaha YSP 1400 and I like it simply because it has built-in subs. Perfect for apt or condo. The thing gets plenty loud and the lows are good but it won’t knock your neighbors pictures off the walls.

My Walmart has a 65” sharp 4K HDR for $600. Almost copped but it’s too big for the space I want to put it in. I’ve been so confused trying to learn the tech I’m about to just cop a 55 Samsung and call it a day

My Walmart has a 65” sharp 4K HDR for $600. Almost copped but it’s too big for the space I want to put it in. I’ve been so confused trying to learn the tech I’m about to just cop a 55 Samsung and call it a day
I would suggest getting the 55 inch TCL P605 as a good introduction in the 4K HDR world. I picked one up last Saturday and so far I’m loving it. It really does live up to the hype. Don’t let the unknown name fool you. TCL is a growing brand and they are starting to gain attention. Probably the best TV you can buy under $1000. I was researching for a good two months on TVs in this price range. I was just going to play it safe and stick with Samsung but the TCL P series beats the Samsung models it compares to.

oh and ftr,

all of these suggestions and high fives over entry level 4K is the reason OLED continues to be expensive.

Samsung sees it
and i dont blame them.

i hope to get my hands on an OLED before it goes the way of Plasma

OLED is still very new technology. Not even cell phones have really tapped into it yet.

With time you’ll see OLED TVs come down in price. And be more cost friendly for both the producers and consumers. Plamsas were great (my 65 inch Samsung in the living room is a beast) but it came with a few problems such as screen burn in. Which is the main complaint from OLEDs now.

Plasma had the same burn in concerns but my old plasma upstairs is still fine. For the oled there is a pixel refresher option and also a screen saver for if someone leaves the tv on pause for too long to prevent burn in

That screen burn in **** with plasmas is bs. I got 2 plasmas and have left them on for days at a time on a pause screen and never had burn in.
Plasmas are the goat tvs

i've had burn in issues with plasmas, at least 2 sony and 1 panasonic

pretty much the main reason i went full samsung

That screen burn in **** with plasmas is bs. I got 2 plasmas and have left them on for days at a time on a pause screen and never had burn in.
Plasmas are the goat tvs
It’s true. I’ve had mine since 09. It’s not noticble but you can see the ESPN logo faintly in the corner :lol:

And my sister in law leaves her tv on alll day long so her dog doesn’t get “bored” and her plasma has a logo permanently there smh

I feel like plasma was more widely adopted when it was around but ppl are slower to adopt oled. Plasma were expensive TVs too

my 400 dollar 43" samsung plasma has been goin strong for yearssss. since before I had my daughter. (shell be 6 in April) still awesome and zero burn in. been a perfect bedroom tv

Back
Top Bottom