Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

TCL is a great bang for your buck.
They're definitely stepping up.

I did stop by Best Buy to buy a warranty and check out the OLED's you guys mentioned. I also compared it to the QLED. The blacks looked about the same, as other colors, but I'm not TV color expert, so. I'll definitely step my knowledge up about them, though.

Also, I was satisfied with my 49" TCL until I saw 49" next to the 55". It was like Lebron standing next to Shaq (Which is why I switched my 43" for my 49" when I saw them side to side. I can't afford no damn 55" though lol)
my 400 dollar 43" samsung plasma has been goin strong for yearssss. since before I had my daughter. (shell be 6 in April) still awesome and zero burn in. been a perfect bedroom tv
I've heard a lot of good things about plasmas....Especially how long they last lol i Was reading comments on 4k TV reviews with people boasting about them lol

I feel like plasma was more widely adopted when it was around but ppl are slower to adopt oled. Plasma were expensive TVs too

Plenty of factors though I admit my timeframe on some of these are blurry.

Correct me if I am wrong, but plasma coincided with thin flat screen tvs too, no more of that giant tube tv's that weighed a ton and for some reason has sharp edges on the bottom to make sure it feels like your fingers are going to fall off when you carry them.

So the evolution to thin and light tv's helped out a lot with sales. I don't think people ran out and plasmas sold out right away either but there was a significant difference in picture quality from 480p to 720p/1080p too. I feel like a good quality LED v OLED isn't that much of a jump for the general consumers, it might be more difficult to tell to some.

OLED when it first came out was absurdly expensive that no normal household could really afford it and even to this day their prices aren't in that reasonable range yet and it's been a few years already. You had to wait for one store to want to get rid of their stock to even get it for a good price. I honestly thought that there would be OLED

Plasmas may have started at $4k-$5k initially but then dropped in price pretty quick iirc especially once led was introduced, in which also dropped in price rather quick. OLED seems to be still being sold at a steep price and there aren't that many alternatives for it yet. I'm not sure if this is the first year they've had OLED but I just heard Phillips are coming out with a set this year. And I think Sony just got on it in 2017 (late 2016)? Does Vizio offer OLED? I htink they have XLED :lol:

And to add to that. Stop and ask 10 people. How many of them will have phones with OLED screens???

Same with TVS, go into 10 households and tell me how many how many of them have OLED units.

Interesting stat I read from the CES round up, only 10% of TVs purchased in USA are over the $1k mark

But your average consumer doesn’t care about the latest and greatest tech. They want a good deal that fits with their budget. OLED isn’t affordable for most people yet

no **** Sherlock

you just came to a conclusion thats already been said

Y'all *****s taking shots over tvs you realize that right :rofl: chill out

its not TVs
its the misinformation

dont try to prove me wrong only to come to the same conclusion i already said

electronic threads do it all the time

cats SWEAR they know
but be talking out their *** the whole time

its not TVs
its the misinformation

dont try to prove me wrong only to come to the same conclusion i already said

electronic threads do it all the time

cats SWEAR they know
but be talking out their *** the whole time
Chill out bruh ain’t no one coming for your receipt checking job at Best Buy

giphy.gif

im sorry man

we carry a computer with us at all times
have the worlds information at our fingertips
but its like we’re moving backwards

bruh
the experts have been telling us for 15 years: “never judge picture quality in the store”

15 years later: dudes are still comparing picture quality in stores. then complaining that the new tech is too expensive

**** is HILARIOUS

ole “well my buddy said...” asses

im sorry man

we carry a computer with us at all times
have the worlds information at our fingertips
but its like we’re moving backwards

bruh
the experts have been telling us for 15 years: “never judge picture quality in the store”

15 years later: dudes are still comparing picture quality in stores. then complaining that the new tech is too expensive

**** is HILARIOUS

ole “well my buddy said...” asses
**** is you talking about

nothing.

nothing at all.

you got it boss
Bruh you just looking to prove your point that no one here cares to hear. Ain’t no one here is purchasing their TVs based of the demo in the store. And those who have questions come here to ask. If people say OLED too expensive then who gives a ****

Chill out bruh

Back
Top Bottom