Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

tenor.gif

BB gonna have to come out them pockets sooner or later
I'm just happy that .gif is from The Wire.

because if that implanted device fails or gets outdated you’re stuck with it

think TV/VCR combos after DVD came out
think TV/DVD combos after BluRay came out
or either of those after a VCR or DVD got stuck inside one
You’re comparing hardware to software though. You can’t update the VCR to a BluRay player in a TV, but there aren’t any limitations on software updates in a TV.

You’re comparing hardware to software though. You can’t update the VCR to a BluRay player in a TV, but there aren’t any limitations on software updates in a TV.

no?

so when certain apps wont work with certain iOS upgrades thats not a hardware limitation?

so the apps on TV are bulletproof?

ok. i hear you.
im learning something today.
teach, teacher.

no?

so when certain apps wont work with certain iOS upgrades thats not a hardware limitation?

so the apps on TV are bulletproof?

ok. i hear you.
im learning something today.
teach, teacher.

Dolby vision , hdr 10 , Hdr+ and they are also adding a Technicolor format to rival Dolby vision which can all be upgraded/downloaded over the air to your tv. the apps won't get outdated the only thing outdated will be your tv and this will be 5-7 years from now.. the formats basically just broke the ice this year.. I hear what you are saying but it sounds like you bought outdated iPhones and the apps wouldn't update bec. your device is old and you're worried it will do the same to your tv

son clearly doesn't get it ... he needs to read up or head to his local BB to get some knowledge implanted in his brain

Dolby vision , hdr 10 , Hdr+ and they are also adding a Technicolor format to rival Dolby vision which can all be upgraded/downloaded over the air to your tv. the apps won't get outdated the only thing outdated will be your tv and this will be 5-7 years from now.. the formats basically just broke the ice this year.. I hear what you are saying but it sounds like you bought outdated iPhones and the apps wouldn't update bec. your device is old and you're worried it will do the same to your tv
Werd. By the tv the tv is too old to benefit from updates it'll be time to get another tv

I know technology gets obsolete eventually but I can't see oled technology going obsolete that fast.

My plasma we probably had for 8 yrs before we stopped using it and the Samsung led is still alive and kicking after 8 yrs. If it wasn't for my oled I would still be thinking the led has a great picture.

I expect the oled to be satisfactory for about the same time period.

Werd. By the tv the tv is too old to benefit from updates it'll be time to get another tv

I know technology gets obsolete eventually but I can't see oled technology going obsolete that fast.

My plasma we probably had for 8 yrs before we stopped using it and the Samsung led is still alive and kicking after 8 yrs. If it wasn't for my oled I would still be thinking the led has a great picture.

I expect the oled to be satisfactory for about the same time period.

I'm expecting to keep my Oled e7 for the next 7-10 years so I hear you

I'm expecting to keep my Oled e7 for the next 7-10 years so I hear you
Dude have you tried technicolor preset yet

I started out switching between rtings custom settings and expert bright room depending on the show/movie and if I had the lights on but I find technicolor is more versatile so I'm able to just leave it always on technicolor

For the software/updating topic-

If you’ve got a few extra $$$ to spend, i suggest building a HTPC.

Yes it’s extra money on the side, but it will always be upgradeable and you’ll be able to pair it with any tv you purchase in the future.

It’s some extra work, but if some people are really paranoid about smart tv’s and their longevity/lifespan, a 4K TV + HTPC is the most bullet proof option you can get atm. (Until higher grade displays come around)

For the software/updating topic-

If you’ve got a few extra $$$ to spend, i suggest building a HTPC.

Yes it’s extra money on the side, but it will always be upgradeable and you’ll be able to pair it with any tv you purchase in the future.

It’s some extra work, but if some people are really paranoid about smart tv’s and their longevity/lifespan, a 4K TV + HTPC is the most bullet proof option you can get atm. (Until higher grade displays come around)

but why not just get a 4k tv that has Dolby vision , true hdr embeded ? that alone extends the longevity for atleast 4-5 years

Dude have you tried technicolor preset yet

I started out switching between rtings custom settings and expert bright room depending on the show/movie and if I had the lights on but I find technicolor is more versatile so I'm able to just leave it always on technicolor
Yes it's my go to setting.. but when I watch Dolby vision content you can't use Technicolor... cinema is a little too dim and warm tint.. cinema user is pretty cool though

but why not just get a 4k tv that has Dolby vision , true hdr embeded ? that alone extends the longevity for atleast 4-5 years
You can change tv’s as much as you want with a HTPC. You could upgrade from a 55 to a 75 and the only thing that changes is your screen

HTPC is basically becoming the guts of your setup and your tv then becomes just the display.

And it’s a PC. It’s always upgradeable

Last edited:
would I be able to connect a subwoofer on my BUILT IN LG E7 ? the sound bar is pretty good but just missing more bass to rattle the room

would I be able to connect a subwoofer on my BUILT IN LG E7 ? the sound bar is pretty good but just missing more bass to rattle the room
I have a soundbar a subwoofer and two rear speakers for my e7. As long as the subwoofer and rear speakers are connected to a power source they'll sync with the soundbar whenever the soundbar is on

I have a soundbar a subwoofer and two rear speakers for my e7. As long as the subwoofer and rear speakers are connected to a power source they'll sync with the soundbar whenever the soundbar is on
May sound dumb but I don't get it... so if I can connect a subwoofer via HDMI or optical to the tv it can play through the built in e7 soundbar ?

No it's not a dumb question.... I'm not using the built in soundbar

I bought another soundbar and it came with the subwoofer and the other speakers and they can all talk to each other once the soundbar is connected to the tv

Back
Top Bottom