Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Payless are good for some people but that doesn't make a single pair if shoes they make better than any pair or Salvatore Ferragamos. Superior technology is superior technology.

your analogy doesn't even work, ferragamo doesn't have tech on their shoes, they are traditional dress shoes and payless probably has more latest tech in their cheap vulcanized rubber shoes than ferragamo has in their handmade dress shoes

tech does not equal quality

but looking at price to quality ratio, i am sure many could argue that is something payless does better over ferragamo

not everyone is looking at $600 dress shoes for work, a $10 that could last them even at a fraction of a lifetime of ferragamos could be looked as better to those who isn't earning $500k annually

but in the vid if you bothered to watch it...

burn in is still an issue on oleds if you use it a lot

i've played monster hunter game for 500hr and that means at times 8-10 hours a day on weekends non-stop, that can cause burn ins

that's not an issue on led/qled

now, most people regular people who watch tv for an hour or two and then turn it off, it's not an issue but there are cases where one should choose something other than oled

that is one example, another is if you aren't in a dark room, qled looks better because they are brighter

oled has the blackest blacks and better viewing angle but in a bright room, it somewhat becomes obsolete because there are too much reflection on the screen and you can't appreciate the colors as much

the same with sports, the vid suggest qled is better because of the bright stadium lights they use that it can show it in more of a truest form and how it was intended to be seen while oled is best for move viewing because films are shot with that format in mind

again there isn't a one tv for everyone

i don't know why yall always have to choose one side and not open to looking at different point of views, it isn't always black or white

newest tech isn't always the best, hell there are amazing electric cars out there these days but i'd likely still take the cheaper V8/V12 engines that make less hp most of the time

I have LCD TVs... it's dated technology and tgis crap that Samsung tries to pass off as next generation technology isn't at all. If you're going to buy an LCD there are better bangs for the buck but if you want a truely next gen TV then OLED is that.

For the record I have used my LG E6P as a computer monitor and have never had an issue with image retention. If you properly break in the TV such issuescare very unlikely if you don't abuse it by constantly leaving static images on the screen for jours, but even if you do there are other features on the TV that prevent such issues.

apparently not for all oleds

and tv shouldn't need being broke in :lol:

but whatever, you asked why you should watch it and i stated it from reviewers who knows what they are doing and reviewing/tested them for years

qleds has like a 10year warranty or 10,000 hours while oleds doesn't, so qleds break due to the picture and you're good while you get a burn in you're screwed

again i played hundreds of hours on monster hunter and gon' burn through a few more dozens of hours once spiderman comes out, it's not a risk i am going to take if i am buying a tv today

i admit, i also have a habit of getting home, turning the tv on and sometimes leaving it in the background while i do something for hours, again not going to risk that on an oled tv

but your mind is obviously set so what is really the point in discussing it further?

it's really just information people should know when choosing instead of the typical "buy oled no matter what" schtick, no need to instantly disregard it

IMO if you are a heavy gamer I would steer clear of OLED currently.

After seeing RTINGs long term tests of the LG OLEDs I wont be buying one currently.

Lol when you leave the oled alone for a little while the Screensaver comes on anyway

what?

my tv turns off if it hasn't been touched for maybe 5-6 hours straight which can be adjusted but to less hours or turned off but it never shows a screensaver

screensavers usually comes from the source too, like if my cable box is off it shows a screensaver saying to turn on the box if i want to watch tv but from the cable box, same if i were to use it for my desktop, the screensaver is from the cpu not the tv

how goddamn dumb would it be if you're watching something and all of a sudden it goes to a screensaver?

i believe that is from the source, not the tv

but even the comment is way off

in no way was anyone talking about the movie being paused for hours that causes burn in so the solution is a screensaver comes on

it's about games being played for hours where the hud stays in one place or the tv being put on a channel with their logo in one place all the time like cnn where some can leave the tv on that channel for hours

Yeah that price tag doesn't justify a purchase without a larger library of true 8K content imo

Probably a third of what I watch now on my TV is being upscaled to 4K as is

It'll probably be a while before 8k becomes standard.

4ktv been out for a minute and it's only within the last yr or so that it is becoming standard

And there's still a lot of content not offered in 4k

Plus the price is going to be insane when the first 8k sets hit the retail market. If you were super flush you could have started buying HD stuff in 93 when Hi Vision laserdiscs first hit the market, but that was a niche market for a niche market.

Yeah that price tag doesn't justify a purchase without a larger library of true 8K content imo

Probably a third of what I watch now on my TV is being upscaled to 4K as is

I think 4/5 of what you watch is being upscaled. There is barely any 4K content presently.

I think 4/5 of what you watch is being upscaled. There is barely any 4K content presently.
yeah outside of cable and youtube channels I follow which is 100% not 4K, I'd say the majority collection of my movies are 4K

but even there you have inconsistencies in quality depending on the company, "Real" 4K doesn't always equate to good transfers (Inception, Terminator 2, Goodfellas, ect.)

Anything currently being produced is done so with 4k and even 8k in mind. Almost every new release has an Ultra HD digital release coming out when it hits for home consumption. Older stuff is going to take a while, although they were already looking forward when they started doing restorations in the late 00s, Blade Runner comes to mind the 2007 release had a 4k scan of the film so putting it out in 4k now is a no brainer.

^^^
Agreed. 8K is just gonna be pure upscaled BS and the dominant SD & 'lower' HD content is just going to get softer looking.

If anything 4K sets with the newer HDMI 2.1 standard and variable refresh rates sound better than 8K.

Happy with my TCL. I learned to accept the ugliness of the Roku remote and UI.

Happy with my TCL. I learned to accept the ugliness of the Roku remote and UI.
I find that the roku UI is more responsive than the Samsung built in one though. When I'm at my in-laws I'm always frustrated with how much of a pain it is to open up apps and get things going where as at home with my roku premiere it's bing bang boom up and running in plex. Now I just need to start upgrading the rest of my hardware to handle 4k passthrough/ output at 4k.

Back
Top Bottom