Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

17889CF7-90CD-4764-8E10-A1A9D806FCAD.jpeg D687FDB1-E53C-47EF-8F18-7ED5F907AE58.jpeg 5737427B-1947-41FC-8ACB-E972BF2D20E3.jpeg

Picked up an 85" Sony X900F. I love it. People, including myself, have been in absolute shock when seeing it. Not sure if I want to wall mount or keep it somewhat eye level on the stand. That’s a 70” wall mounted behind the 85”.

damn, an 85"

very nice!

i kind of want this 77" oled myself but id hate it that i cant play games in it

I recommend OLED with dolby vision and hdr for anyone looking for a 4K tv. If you are trying to be future proof, then buy a display that has also supports the new HDR 10+ format.

Anything that you buy will be obsolete the moment you leave the store with it, so I recommend buying something that has features that will keep you satisfied for at least the next 2 years.

I upgraded top of the year to a 65" LG OLED 4K with dolby vision, hdr, and dolby atmos from an older 4K LCD . The difference in the OLED display is miles beyond my older 4K LCD. There is no banding and the true blacks in dolby vision are incredible.

The LG OLED 4K was so good that I built a Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 home theater around it with in-ceiling Atmos Speakers. I'm running Hi-Res Audio Polks throughout out and an SVS subwoofer. Eveything runs through the Onkyo TX-RZ920 including the 4K BluRay Dolby Vision Blu Ray Player.

$350 for a 4K HDR is a fair price? Could have swore there were like $500 like 6 months ago.

The X900F is a beast of a TV. I slipped up and missed it on black friday on base. the 65 was only $1199.
I keep going back and forth on returning my 55” X900F for a 55” LG OLED B7/8 in the bedroom. I have a 65” LG B7A in the living room and OLED makes such a huge difference in picture quality and contrast.

The X900F is a fine tv but the B7A does a much better job with upscaling cable content and 4k.

stick with Samsung Smartv's where you don't need a roku, appletv, etc....download the smartiptv app for free, subscribe to iptv and you're good to go...no yucky wires, nada

I have 2 Samsung UHD tv. 55 inch 8000
Series and recently 65 inch Q9. Looking for another tv at the moment. Thinking about trying Sony or LG.

This year’s CES was a bit of a disappointment to me. Not much TV tech that seems ready for the average consumer. Gonna rock with my Q9 until 12 bit panels hit the market. HDMI 2.1 is a step in the right direction though.

I concur. I am not ready to re-buy every piece of equipment I own for HDMI 2.1 so its gonna be awhile for me honestly.

Plus there is slim to none 8k material available.

On top of that I can only imagine how much the TVs are going to cost that support it.

i think its fine since people do not really replace their tv's like a lot of people do with their phones, annually

8k is going to be the next step and i am fine with it being 5-10 years away

5g is the game changer but its all about infrastructure and who is going to fund it but with 5g streaming 4k/8k should be much easier

Back
Top Bottom