Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Mad as hell. The 65” KS I got last year is giving me problems. Out of nowhere it can’t pickup WiFi, only a hard wired connection and it doesn’t recognize the remote anymore. Fortunately, it has a two year warranty because I got it in Portugal last year. Unfortunately, I’m living in the UK now lol. So I gotta get this figured out with Samsung’s Portugal division smh.

I was thinking about going with that 75” Q9. This might just move up my timetable.

Difference between what... what TV do you have and do you have deep color activated on your HDMI ports? HDR? Do you have ut connected with a high speed HDMI cable?

tenor.gif

Tbh you wont see the biggest of differences depending on the movie

Yea if you don't have HDR and Dolby Digital in your 4K TV you're basically just getting an upscale. I def notice the difference though.

Yea if you don't have HDR and Dolby Digital in your 4K TV you're basically just getting an upscale. I def notice the difference though.

Have both Dolby Vision and HDR on my X900F and my previous TV was a 2011 KDL. Still not that impressed tbh.

The most obvious visual difference between 1080p and 4k is actually not because of pixel count but because 4k is paired with hdr/dv and 1080p is not..

If you got a 4k TV without hdr..... It'll still be a good TV but there's not going to be a visual difference that jumps out at you

Agreed. If anything I have to say that eye strain on the newer TVs is far better than older sets.

Yeah. The 1080p to 4K jump isn’t nowhere near SD to HD! I have Samsung Q9. Can’t really tell the difference in Blu ray and ULTRA 4K. Watching. Infinity War, Black Panther, Dealpool 2 etc..... really isn’t much of a difference.

Have both Dolby Vision and HDR on my X900F and my previous TV was a 2011 KDL. Still not that impressed tbh.

Last black Friday I bought a non HDR 4K Sharp TV returned it a week later and got the TCL P Series guess it depends on the TV. I noticed the difference in my 4K blu rays and video games especially now that I have the Xbox One X.

It's the limitation of the human eye. Our eyes are better at detecting contrast and colors than pixel counts.That's why it's incredibly easy to tell when the content you're watching is in hdr or not. I'm hundred percent sure I'll never not know when something playing is in hdr or not. But if we're talking non hdr content I'm sure sometimes I'll be watching 1080p and think it's 4k if I'm not paying too much attention.

It's because of this that I'm not sure if simply upgrading pixel counts on future tvs is the move. I do not think it's physically possible to tell the difference between 4k and 8k. The move would be to make hdr/dv more popular because it is much easier for the human eye to tell the difference..

If you have a lower level 4k TV mounted on the wall, step away from it and look at your TV from a distance.
It will look like a completely different television.
I think the closer we are our eyes compress the images on the screen.
Step away about 10-15ft and the images on the screen are bigger and the 4k is more noticeable.

If you have a 4k gaming system change the RGB range to FULL.
I also changed my resolution to 2160p YUV420.
Finally getting what I paid for a year later.
Having those settings on AUTO wasn't getting me a full 4k experience.
These are the settings for PS4 Pro. May be different for Xbox.

If you have a lower level 4k TV mounted on the wall, step away from it and look at your TV from a distance.
It will look like a completely different television.
I think the closer we are our eyes compress the images on the screen.
Step away about 10-15ft and the images on the screen are bigger and the 4k is more noticeable.

If you have a 4k gaming system change the RGB range to FULL.
I also changed my resolution to 2160p YUV420.
Finally getting what I paid for a year later.
Having those settings on AUTO wasn't getting me a full 4k experience.
These are the settings for PS4 Pro. May be different for Xbox.
Need to make sure to check my settings tonight.

Sold my KS9000 after it was repaired and picked up the Samsung Q9FN. This thing is amazing. Got a guy coming to calibrate it next week.

Unless you're using it as a monitor or sitting right in front of it... yeah, you're not going to see much resolution advantage at that size.

I also have the X900F and am underwhelmed especially at the price point. It’s better than my old plasma but the 4k just doesn’t look anywhere close to my LG OLED. The colors on the LG are much more vibrant and it upscales cable content very well.

Still tweaking the settings so maybe things will change. I understand it won’t be OLED like clarity and depth but I just think it could be better.

as stated, oled just can't be beat because it can give the most contrast and nothing in the mass market can compete with it's deepest black

but it also isnt for everyone

Back
Top Bottom