Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

There's still a difference in PQ due to bandwidth restrictions with streaming. Most noticeable difference in artifacts in darker scenes (huge black pixelated blobs).

Actually 4K and 1080p isn’t that much of a difference to me. I could tell the 4K in some YouTube vids. Far as movies and steaming goes, not much. When I stream 4K content in Netflix’s and Amazon can’t really tell the difference. Also, I have 4K blu-ray player, same, can’t really tell the difference. I was watching Avengers Initnify War on 4K blu ray then stream it on Netflix’s and movies anywhere really ain’t much of a difference.

I have Samsung Q9 and 8000 series.

I do agree the difference between many 1080p/UHD discs arevusually huge, depends on the movie... but if you can't see the difference between Infinity War on UHD and a 1080 stream then I have to believe there's either something wrong with the settings on your TV/player or there's something wrong with your eyes.

Idk much about Samsung tvs but if the q9 and q8000 are not hdr capable that's probably why there's no noticeable visual difference.

The human eye is much better at detecting contrast, color than resolution

If your TV is hdr capable but you're not seeing the difference with 4k content there might be a problem with setup. I remember when I was setting up my oled for the first time and the TV ppl had set up my TV, I could tell the pq wasn't what it should be so I had them come back to fix it. Turned out it was something as simple as the hdmi cord not being completely pushed in :lol: With the hdmi cord not being completely pushed in non uhd stuff was fine, but whenever the TV was playing uhd content it wasn't converting the picture to hdr

Last edited:
I do agree the difference between many 1080p/UHD discs arevusually huge, depends on the movie... but if you can't see the difference between Infinity War on UHD and a 1080 stream then I have to believe there's either something wrong with the settings on your TV/player or there's something wrong with your eyes.
Eyes are fine lol. Yeah, just don’t see a huge difference like I thought I would. Like I mention, some 4K YouTube vids I can.

Yea 1080 to 4k is not going to give you an increase in picture quality/clarity like going from SD to HD did. A bit of an increase but certainly doesnt give you that Wow factor when upgrading to HD. I think having Dolby Vision makes more of a difference than having 4k personally.

Both of them are actually.

I wish I could help you. Maybe your default picture settings need tweaking, or you need to upgrade your hdmi cable or there's something else wrong with your set up lol. I can't tell unless I'm there.

It could be something as simple as your hdr capable tv's default setting doesn't have it set to play uhd content in hdr. Is there an icon indicator on your screen that says hdr is on when you play uhd content?

Last edited:
Actually 4K and 1080p isn’t that much of a difference to me. I could tell the 4K in some YouTube vids. Far as movies and steaming goes, not much. When I stream 4K content in Netflix’s and Amazon can’t really tell the difference. Also, I have 4K blu-ray player, same, can’t really tell the difference. I was watching Avengers Initnify War on 4K blu ray then stream it on Netflix’s and movies anywhere really ain’t much of a difference.

I have Samsung Q9 and 8000 series.
Something is off if you can’t tell the difference.... me streaming from my ps4 to my roku is a difference. Not much but noticeable enough for me to switch to the ps4 when I’m really trying to get it in.

Change your hdmi to a 2.0 or better and you might see some noticeable difference,...

Infinity War isn't real 4k.

That being said, 4K, upscaled 4K, hell even 1440p is noticeable compared to 1080p, especially on larger screens.

Eyes are fine lol. Yeah, just don’t see a huge difference like I thought I would. Like I mention, some 4K YouTube vids I can.

Yea 1080 to 4k is not going to give you an increase in picture quality/clarity like going from SD to HD did. A bit of an increase but certainly doesnt give you that Wow factor when upgrading to HD. I think having Dolby Vision makes more of a difference than having 4k personally.

If it's 720p/1080p content that's upscaled either by the TV or at the point of origin then it's not as noticeable as true 4K content. There is a clear difference between the two though.

only thing that annoyed me with IW was that the whole movie was shot in IMAX and they scrapped that ratio for the physical release

Disney hasn't been the best with their 4K releases

I want to say something since we're on the topic of infinity war.

The IW 4k uhd blu ray is only available in HDR 10.

I don't think the IW movie on Netflix streams in 4k. I say think because I've never actually tried watching IW on Netflix yet.

IW streams in 4k dolby vision on the the tv's vudu app. I bought IW on vudu before its blu ray release.

Picture quality wise I actually prefer the vudu stream. I really think in terms of pq, dv>hdr. Audio wise I prefer the IW uhd blu ray because sound is uncompressed. If they could only combine the two, that'd be perfect.

And yes, it's annoying that IW was filmed with the new imax camera but they don't have that ratio on the blu ray. A lot of movies are not shot in imax and have to be converted in post for imax screenings, and that was not the case for IW. So I don't understand how an imax ratio option wasn't available.

Something is off if you can’t tell the difference.... me streaming from my ps4 to my roku is a difference. Not much but noticeable enough for me to switch to the ps4 when I’m really trying to get it in.

Change your hdmi to a 2.0 or better and you might see some noticeable difference,...
All my HDMI are 2.0 and higher.

I wish I could help you. Maybe your default picture settings need tweaking, or you need to upgrade your hdmi cable or there's something else wrong with your set up lol. I can't tell unless I'm there.

It could be something as simple as your hdr capable tv's default setting doesn't have it set to play uhd content in hdr. Is there an icon indicator on your screen that says hdr is on when you play uhd content?
Yes. There is a indicator for UHD/HDR content. I’ll play around and try to Calibrate it different.

65 inch TCL 6 series on sale for 800 bucks at BB. Cant get a better deal on a 4k with that level of quality.

Anyone have the LG E7? How’s the sound bar on it (specifically the base)?

Finally decided to return the X900F and get an E7 for the bedroom. I want to get rid of my sound bar too (Yamaha YSP-1400). I’ll miss the built in subs but I honestly don’t use it much/at all to its full potential.

Anyone have the LG E7? How’s the sound bar on it (specifically the base)?

Finally decided to return the X900F and get an E7 for the bedroom. I want to get rid of my sound bar too (Yamaha YSP-1400). I’ll miss the built in subs but I honestly don’t use it much/at all to its full potential.
I have the e7. I I haven't used its sound bar since I bought it. I use external supplemental speakers.

The e7 soundbar is definitely nice if all that you're used to is the native speakers of your previous HDTV.

Picture quality wise e7 is same as c7 and b7. Something I didn't know when I had got the e7 lol

Last edited:
I have the e7. I I haven't used its sound bar since I bought it. I use external supplemental speakers.

The e7 soundbar is definitely nice if all that you're used to is the native speakers of your previous HDTV.

Picture quality wise e7 is same as c7 and b7. Something I didn't know when I had got the e7 lol
Thats the reason I got the B7 last year instead of the higher tier models. I have it paired with the LG SK9Y sound bar w/ rear speakers in the living room. Dolby Atmos + Vision content is a nice experience.

Trying to de-clutter plus I don’t watch that much TV in the bedroom. Figured the E7 at $1590 on Amazon offers the best price for performance for an OLED. Figure the embedded sound bar is worth the extra $100 over the B8.

Back
Top Bottom